guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

Cool! Did you side mount it or top mount? Im getting the 3032 for mine also. Going to side mount it on my TonFly when the cookie box is out for it! Cant wait to check out your footage:)

I have Cookie MXV with top mounted Liquid Flatlock. Camera is almost smaller than Flatlock camera plate. :P

Yes the camera is small, however the box looks big around such a small camera.

With the extra large battery and the hypeye we have had to grow the box design to fit this all in. It looks as though you will not have to remove the hand strap as there is room in the box for it.

Cookie

I have not tested it with the CX105 but the HYPEYE D PRO works well with other international AVCHD cameras so highly doubt there would be any issues.

I could be doing something wrong or there could be a problem with my individual camera or hypeye but it seems that the CX105 and hypeye are not compatible. Has anyone else had the chance to try it out?

Can someone post a step by step guide for turning the camera on and starting recording with the hypeye so that I can make sure I am doing it right?

I could be doing something wrong or there could be a problem with my individual camera or hypeye but it seems that the CX105 and hypeye are not compatible. Has anyone else had the chance to try it out?

I have CX105 + Hypeye D Pro and it works like a charm. Make sure that you have "power on by lcd" off from general settings (menu -> toolbox -> page 2 -> general set).

1. Do that ^
2. Turn camera on by pressing on/off -button
3. Connect Hype

Turning camera off:
Keep Hype's button pressed until light flashes, then release it -> off

Turning camera on:
Keep Hype's button pressed for a short time

Rec on / stop:
Short click Hype's button

Should work! :)

>I could be doing something wrong or there could be a problem with my individual
>camera or hypeye but it seems that the CX105 and hypeye are not compatible.
>Has anyone else had the chance to try it out?

Are you leaving the LCD panel exposed to keep the camera on?

If u were to buy a camera to shoot tandems would the CX100 or CX105 be a winner or what tops the list?

(May have been answered but I didn't have time to read all 10+pages)

Can I please get all aspects of pros n cons vs. another top tandem performer?

Thank you guys!

The camera wont be available in most Dutch/Belgian/German stores untill the last week of March according to the stores I called.

But did already order a Dbox with TonFly.
They are accepting pre-orders on it, but wont be shipping untill last week of March either.

But should all come together pretty nice at the end of next month..B|
Cant wait to shoot some pretty wingsuit stuff (without all that fancy wide-angle stuff:P)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

First con. Copying is possible only from internal memory to Memorystick. Not the other way. So... I would recommend to use internal memory as default, because then it's much easier to share footage: just put your friend's Memorystick in and use dub-function. :)

Found out the reason for it not being available yet here...the red version (which I wanted) wont be in stock for another 4 or 5 weeks.
But the silver and black ones are already in stock.

Just ordered mine, and will be delivered by friday!B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

usually we're a bit behind here in switzerland, but for once i got mine already last wednesday!

jumped it on the weekend in the mountains with a wingsuit. i'm new to camera flying, so there's a bit of shake (also probably didn't tighten the helmet enough ... got caught in a hurry) ... but apart from that the footage is great!

had everything on auto (also focus), the whole face detection stuff off, "wide conversion" on and a century 0.55! camera top mounted on a rawa helmet with just a screw.

if somebody is interested in footage (be it some framegrabs, the raw mts files or a 3min mp4 avc clip i created in 1920x1080x25fps ... let me know, i'll upload it to rapidshare.com)

I'd turn off autofocus and steadyshot, try setting focus to infinity for starters. When you have jumped without autofocus and without steadyshot I'd like to see some (high-def) footage please :)

Why turn off steadyshot? Is there a downside to EIS?

I'd turn off autofocus and steadyshot, try setting focus to infinity for starters. When you have jumped without autofocus and without steadyshot I'd like to see some (high-def) footage please :)

Why turn off steadyshot? Is there a downside to EIS?

The whole UPSIDE to EIS is that you CAN turn it off ;) Using anti-shake in freefall = more shake.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

With the old PC series cameras, I thought the steadyshot (EIS I think) helped considerably. Maybe the EIS technology is different with solid state?

With my cx100 I've noticed some annoying effects when panning (HD format / steadyshot on). The frame seems to jump - kind of like it keeps sticking. Very annoying - and I'm considering returning the camera in part for that reason. I assumed that was due to the camera or memory trying to keep up with capturing at a high bitrate, but maybe it's an artifact of the EIS. I'll experiment with it later.