miniFly

New Infinity VS Used Mirage G3?

Which one would you pick?

The mirage has 30 jumps and DOM is Sept 02 with full options, unisyn, etc...for the same price I could get a brand new Infinity with all options and sized to fit.

I been doing some research and I really can't find any pros or cons with either container, only that a brand new mirage is $1495 +++ and I can't figure out why.

Unless the Mirage fits like a glove, I would go with the New infinity that will fit like a glove.

Now saying the Mirage does fit like a glove, if the colors dont float your boat get the Infinity that is the colors you want..

Now IF the colors are what you want AND it fits like a glove then it is up to you to decide if the wait for a brand spanking new rig is OK for your needs!

Some side things to think about is which one fits better into your style of flying (how does it feel on your back) If you can get one of each to put on do it given the fact that each rig will have a different feel in the air and under canopy.... ALSO which one has the "look" you like.

Both rigs you mentioned are nice and you will find many people saying great things about each. I dont really know of many "off" comments about either. Personally I would tend to lean towards the infinity, again personal preference, but if you think about it your preference is all that really matters if the rig fits and has all of the current options that are considered top of the line in the industry today.

Good luck in picking a new rig!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

One thing to consider. Mirage has financing available on thier new containers.
There are several of us here that jump Mirage. And only 1 that jumps an Infinity. However, there are many that jump Infinity in the Pacific NW.
My suggestion is that you ask a few different riggers their opinion, and make an educated decision based on that information.
Cheers!
B~Squared

You can also send a used rig (or a rig that you "outgrew") back to the manufacture to have the harness resized. Price varies between manufactures. Call the manufacture and chat, they'll be glad to help you out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My nice pretty red Infinity is serving me very well..... and I took it to 226 MPH a couple weekends ago and have been doing a lot of head down fairly high speed jumps without a git of trouble. It is made to be FreeFly friendly. The riser covers and flaps all stay put where they are supposed to. Kelly at Velocity made sure this harness fit me very well and I had some design considerations for a harness fitting me comfortably. It does fit.

My vote... New Velocity.

Amazon

Hey J---, buddie! :)Personally, I would go for a new, CUSTOM fitted harness/container, especially since we both know how important a good fit is. Have you decide on colors, yet? I assume that you are matching your new suit.
Are you getting it through Ground Zero or sending it in yourself?

I am getting a new custom fitted RW suit myself because my used RW suit that I had altered just does not fit me in the right places. I am sending my RW info through Ground Zero myself because I want Kama to measure me. She knows what she's doing. ;)

Let me know when you are going to jump, again. I will probably go on Thursday to collect my free birthday jump! See ya around.

How is your NEW Infinity serving you there shark? It did look nice..... :)
Scott C.

Excellent! And in a strange coincidence, I met this hot blonde at Perris yesterday and her Infinity was manufactured the same time as mine. B|

At least one Shark was active at Perris.:ph34r: