SkymonkeyONE

My PC 109 is dead, long live my PC 109!

I love this camera, but it's finally shit the bed. First to go was the touch screen, but that's no biggie since I have the wireless remote. Last thing that's happened is a glitch that causes the camera to zoom in and out wildly as I exit or when I transition to my back in my wingsuit. It NEVER did this before and, yes, my zoom is taped down so it does not move. It would not be that much of a problem except that I jump a .3 lens on it which "fuzzes out" at about the .5 zoom mark.

Anyway, I am going to get an HC5, but would REALLY like to replace my trusty old 109. Does ANYONE know where I can find one? Don't say "look on E-bay" either. I already have. If not that, could someone point me to a link for a NOS (that's new old stock for you people who have never worked on an old car) PC-1000? I don't want to wear a side-mount heavier than those two cameras.

Thanks in advance.

Recently looked into PC1000 vs. a couple of other models to replace my PC101 – see thread a couple of hits down, (the screen on mine also died... but it's also stuck itself in some weird white balance thingy I can't change without the screen).

Problem I have with buying a PC1000 is that it comes with an internal battery which only lasts a little over an hour... it would suck big time to move from the awesome M series battery to something like that...

I have a friend, his 109 died the same way your describing - first the screen, then the zoom - when the zoom went out he found another 109 which he bought, and then sent his broken 109 back to sony, they fixed it like new for $350 - so now he has two cameras.

He just went to Sony .com where he found the repair servies - sounds like a good deal to me...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Did you look for a pc106 and pc107 too? I know these have their limitations but they're the exact same size and take the same accessories so that's a plus.
I just (today) got a 2nd hand pc106E from an ebay-like website, because mine got nicked, now I have a double set of accessories, which is very useful.

Still >:( that mine got nicked, that camera was a world champion too :D (JT flew it in Germany). I never even got to fly it myself >:(>:(>:(

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Problem I have with buying a PC1000 is that it comes with an internal battery which only lasts a little over an hour...

That's what comes with it, but they make a higher capacity battery too. Lasts over 2 hours (close to 3 I think). Same size and shape as the small one. I wrote "Large" and "Small" on mine so I can tell them apart.

Dave

I wouldn't pay $350 to prolong the life of an old camera when I could get a HC3 new for $800. But I guess if you want to keep that sidemount option available, it might be worth it to you.

I hear you, Matt, but I really do like my old camera (it's tiny and shoots good video). I am still getting an HC5 for top-mount, but, like you said, I really dig my side-mount. I don't think I would replace it with anything other than a PC 1000 if I had to change up.

As to the internal battery thing: I don't really care. I take my camera off my helmet and plug it in after ever jump.

If the camera is that valuable to you, sounds like a deal to me. Since the camera isn't made anymore. I think they will replace the heads on it too
I'd love to have my old pc-1's in working order again. But they all been parted out along time ago.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

That's exactly the point. I really do like the camera and I don't think that replacing it with another small, obsolete Sony for about the same price would make me any happier. I got three good years out of the camera and I got a fantastic deal on it to start with, so I guess I can't bitch at all about paying $311 to get it refurbed.

nice work. I have done that before for my PC 9. I just love it and cant seem to part with it. I have bought 2 so far... one died do to water landing...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Water landings can be fixed if its done right.I put a response to a forum awhile back about this.If it happens again you need to soak it in distilled water immediately to wash out all sediments, then put it in alcohol to disperse the water .I have known of several people to do this and it works .

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................