crapflinger2000

Kill Line PCs - Recommended Manufacturers?

Hello!

Quick question:

What brand of kill line seems to be the schiz-net these days? It used to be that if you wanted a killer kill line you gave Sunshine Factory a call, but these days?

I am looking for a ZP in the 26" to 28" range. Would prefer a type that you sew to the bag but don't really care....

danke

Jim Cazer
589 East Lake Hill Drive
Talladega, Alabama
256-268-9843 (Business Phone)
256-268-0675 (Fax)

Jim's the best there is, he'll custom build to your specs and ship it lightning fast! expect to pay between $75.00 for the equipment, and $20.00 for shipping. (this could be lower, i had mine fed-exed overnight.) good luck.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Sunrise Rigging (Wings) makes a great p/c. It has a kevlar kill line and bridle, so no kill-line shrinkage problems like the spectra lined types.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Relative workshop (You knew I was going to say that) makes a very good kill line pc. It has an internal kill line the whole way through. I believe you can get the pc and bridle from Rws and if you have the right size grommet on your bag it will fit great, you might want to ask about that. My pc has over 1000 jumps on it and it's holding up fine.

The kevlar line thing that wings is doing sounds like a great idea.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

The kevlar line thing that wings is doing sounds like a great idea.

I was about to say Wings. Kevlar line and Kevlar tapes in between the sandwhich of bridle makes for less or no shrinkage. it's a nice system for sure.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Well, I bought a Cazer...

Thing friggin bridle twists up like a friggin pencil every jump!

^%$#^%$@!!!!

Pros: Overall, looks well constructed

Cons: Lengthening the spectra kill line is not very easy due to the design (extensive sandwiching of the kill line at both ends.)

However, I suspect that as the kill line shrinks (it is WAY long right now), the spinning problem will go away... if it lasts long enough to necessitate a kill line change, will stick some vectran in there...

If the kill line is exposed you can tie a small knot in it to shorten it a bit. Had to do this many times on Sunrise Rigging pilot chutes.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

My Rigger In Kansas City Makes his own Kill Lines, and from what i have seen, he does a great job, and only asks like $55 (incl. custom colors and monkey fist) He is a full-time Master Rigger, this is his life.
Now i am trying to convince him to start marketing those puppies, I know if he makes 20 of them, i can sell them.
P.S. If you need an affordable Kill Line, PM me.
=========Shaun ==========

He has a patent on kill-lines?

Are all the manufacturers paying royalties to him?

What if I make knock-offs of Sunshine Factory PCs (as I used to do), can Jim sue me then?

I am not trying to sound whiny... I am just trying to figure out just what his patent covers....

Bill Booth ownes the patent on hand deployed pilot chutes. It can be found here: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN%2F4039164

He does not charge royalties, nor restricts others from using his design.

The patent number printed on Cazer's pilot chute is this one: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ptxt&s1=4,399,969.WKU.&OS=PN/4,399,969&RS=PN/4,399,969

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

My hand deployed pilot chute patent expired years ago, but I never charged anyone for it anyway. The "Crazer" patent was issued to Bill Gargano and then licensed to Ted Strong years later. It has also expired. The reason the Gargano patent is hard to find, is that it is really a ram air canopy patent with a kill-line pilot chute added almost as an after thought.