bigway

need to crack a dvd (mac)

So i just bought Adrenaline rush but it does not work in UK or NZ (where i go this week) because it is zone 1 and i need zone 2.
I am not after cracking this to duplicate for anyone as i have no desire to steal other jumpers income.
Can someone recommend me a programme that i can use to crack this dvd and burn myself a multi zone copy on the mac please?

Note: it is legal to make a back up copy of any DVD that you personally own.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So i just bought Adrenaline rush but it does not work in UK or NZ (where i go this week) because it is zone 1 and i need zone 2.
I am not after cracking this to duplicate for anyone as i have no desire to steal other jumpers income.
Can someone recommend me a programme that i can use to crack this dvd and burn myself a multi zone copy on the mac please?

Note: it is legal to make a back up copy of any DVD that you personally own.

search for DVDxDV. cheap. good.

I use a piece of Freeware called Mac the Ripper to rip the DVD and another piece of freeware called DVD Imager to create a disk image that will work with DVD player.

If the image will fit on a single sided DVD you can burn the image using Disk Utility.. If it is too big I use a program called DVD2OneX to recompress it so that it will fit. It isn't freeware.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I know you asked about a mac, but some other people may be in the same boat with a PC. DVDshrink is a free program on the PC that rips, cracks, shrinks, burns DVDs. Of course if you are only doing a sports dvd it hopefully will fit on a single sided DVD-r no problem. Sometimes they just do not fit, in these cases the 'extras' and 'other languages audio' are the first thing I turf.

It is annoying how somethings only come out on certain regions. I might have to buy a multi region player like bob.dino suggested.

A Mac laptop has the ability to flip it's reading ability from NTSC to PAL and back.

Either that or take the time to buy a PAL version of Adrenaline Rush and leave it there as a gift.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hi Lori, I think its a region thing, NZ is a Pal country, but has different region codings on the discs. So, I can't load up on cheap DVDs from Singapore, Bangkok etc, and play them on a non-multi-region DVD set back home in Scotland.

Its really silly as Multi region DVD players are as cheap as chips these days, and most existing players can be hacked to get around it.

Its a silly scheme and should be abandoned.

Check your PMs Bigway.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hi Lori, I think its a region thing, NZ is a Pal country, but has different region codings on the discs. So, I can't load up on cheap DVDs from Singapore, Bangkok etc, and play them on a non-multi-region DVD set back home in Scotland.

Its really silly as Multi region DVD players are as cheap as chips these days, and most existing players can be hacked to get around it.

Its a silly scheme and should be abandoned.

Check your PMs Bigway.:)

Yes, I know this. That is why I mentioned that a laptop Mac has the ability to read many formats.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I think we are at cross purposes here.
Region coding is different from PAL/NTSC issues.:)Multi region players get around the region limitations, most players outside of the US come with some NTSC/PAL compatibility.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

As mentioned the only thing about buying a player vs cracking is that the DVD will only work at your home. If you go to the DZ and it does not have a region free player the same problem comes up again. That is why I am a big fan of reburning these discs as region free over buying another unit.

Mind you I might buy another unit just to have one in my room.

I would like to add that there are a number of DVDs that you simply can not get in any other region. "the never ending story" was one DVD that was released in Canada but you could not get one for Australia Region. Only reciently have they released it here, but that is years after it came out in Canada. Alot of Manga and stupid pommie shows are in a similar boat.

I use Mac The Ripper (freeware) to strip the region code and then Roxio Popcorn (not freeware but inexpensive) to compress/burn the disc. It works 99% of the time and will take a 7+ GB dvd and burn it to a 4.7 GB disc with no loss of quality that I can see or hear.