stellettorider

SMART Reserves

I got one in my Icon, and if "Murphy" has his way I will soon get to ride it. ;-)

A mate of mine has a ride on her Smart and was very impressed with the opening and flightm she was also impressed with the landing.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

So out of all the people who bought a smart - did no one demo the thing first? Doesn't Aerodyne have a demo program?

Jump
----------

Hi Steven,

Yes Aerodyne has a demo program with demo reserves. it is possible to read more information on our website regarding the Smart reserve as well as send us an email personally and we'd be happy to assist you. (Please refer to the sticky at the top of this forum)

If there is any questions or requests regarding any Aerodyne Product we'd be happy to assist you.

kind regards & Blue Skies

> So out of all the people who bought a smart - did no one demo the thing
>first? Doesn't Aerodyne have a demo program?

I demoed a Smart 135. It landed like a Triathalon. Actually not quite as well - the brake lines were about two inches too short on the one I jumped, so the tail was pulled down a bit, reducing the flare. But even with the shortened lines I had no problems landing it.

I have two terminal rides on my Smart 150...

I have no complaints, on the first ride I was shaken a little so I did not flare completely but stood up all the same...

The second ride I was more aware of it's flight than my previous and I would say it flys similar to a spectre or triathalon, either way I am happy to say it saved me...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I have SMART 190 backing up my pilot 210. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but i'm goin to talk to my DZO about doing an intentional cutaway just to see how it flies. I'll get back to you afterwards and let you know what i thought.
If all else fails i'll just pack an intentional line over, i'm sure that'll give me a chance to try it!!!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

If all else fails i'll just pack an intentional line over, i'm sure that'll give me a chance to try it!!!

Enjoy the opening, should open kinda hard.
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

Enjoy the opening, should open kinda hard.

And that's an understatement. I had a *small* line-over (only 1 1/2 cells in) on my Stiletto (a normally VERY soft opening canopy) last September.

The opening wrenched my knee & hip. Caused my risers to lacerate my face (if I hadn't been wearing a helmet my ear would surely have been removed), and the canopy blew out a complete cell, busted two lines, and the slider was burned through in 3 places.B|

GQ, At 67 jumps, you have no business doing an intentional cutaway on a standard rig. Nobody should. Once you get enough jumps, hit a boogie that RWS is attending and check out their 3-canopy rig designed for cutaways.

For now, I think you're better off contacting Aerodyne and requesting a Smart demo configured to be packed as a main.

And, BTW, you need to grow up and start thinking with more common sense.:|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

And, BTW, you need to grow up and start thinking with more common sense.Unimpressed

I say let him go for it, because I'm more the school of hard knocks kinda guy.

"What doesn't kill you... maims you".
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

And, BTW, you need to grow up and start thinking with more common sense. Unimpressed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Let him go for it.
Let him jump an intentional line-over.
Line-overs usually clear themselves, but the lines burn dozens of small holes in the top skin as they slide clear.
Then his rigger can spend the winter patching the dozens of burn holes in his main canopy.
Hee!
Hee!
Hee!

And, BTW, you need to grow up and start thinking with more common sense. Unimpressed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Let him go for it.
Let him jump an intentional line-over.
Line-overs usually clear themselves, but the lines burn dozens of small holes in the top skin as they slide clear.
Then his rigger can spend the winter patching the dozens of burn holes in his main canopy.
Hee!
Hee!
Hee!

Rob,
Are you wearing your "Does not play well with others" shirt again?
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I have SMART 190 backing up my pilot 210. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but i'm goin to talk to my DZO about doing an intentional cutaway just to see how it flies. I'll get back to you afterwards and let you know what i thought.

Wowza! I hope you were kidding.
I would suggest rather than doing that you jump the same size/type reserve as a main.

I jumped a demo Smart 150 loading it at 1.55. It flew very well, like an 7 cell needs to fly.It responses well to toggle in-put and is realy easy to land. I tested it because i wanted to buy a 150 smart, but after jumping one i ordered a 135 smart.

------------------------------------------------
NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.
(nothing is difficult for those who really want it)

I jumped a demo Smart 150 loading it at 1.55. It flew very well, like an 7 cell needs to fly.It responses well to toggle in-put and is realy easy to land. I tested it because i wanted to buy a 150 smart, but after jumping one i ordered a 135 smart.

you are 232 lbs (106 kg) and you are getting a 135 reserve - not good - just my opinion....

rm

you are 232 lbs (106 kg) and you are getting a 135 reserve - not good - just my opinion....

rm

I jumped the 150 and so i got a reference so tell me, Why not?

NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.

Reserves are last chance kind of things, what if you went to silver because your main blewup in the process of the worst hard opening you've ever read about, now your landing that reserve with multiple injouries. bleeding, fading in and out..gonna be a fun landing if you were considering the 150 that means the 150 will fit in your container? why go to the 135???

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

Reserves are last chance kind of things, what if you went to silver because your main blewup in the process of the worst hard opening you've ever read about, now your landing that reserve with multiple injouries. bleeding, fading in and out..gonna be a fun landing if you were considering the 150 that means the 150 will fit in your container? why go to the 135???

If you look at the size of the Smart 135, it is the same as a speed 150. SO its also a matter of how to get the size of a canopy. When i whout have posted that i've ordered a speed 150, i think i never got this much comment.
I know that it's my/your last hope if i'm in trouble, that is why i test jumped a Smart 150. The main i ordered is even smaller and will fitt a smaller rig, but i sticked to my reseve minimum of 135 and ordered a "bigger"rig.

NIL VOLENTIBUS ARDUUM.

rm

I jumped the 150 and so i got a reference so tell me, Why not?

Because it is not very smart, no pun intended. Do you have a good reason to overload your reserve?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

>I tested it because i wanted to buy a 150 smart, but after jumping
> one i ordered a 135 smart.

Is this one of those "downsize until I get hurt, then stick with that size" kind of things? Jumping a reserve and then ordering it based on your experiences with it is generally a good move - but jumping a larger reserve then ordering one so small you will overload it is a bad idea.