vdschoor

Bring out the creditcard!!! the 20D is coming..

Dont see anything on cost. Any ideas? Also, I thought the 10D had a faster frame rate? I once heard like 9 frames per second? Would have liked to see them get rid of the 1.6 ratio as well but I see that is still there :( Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Skydive Radio

Dont see anything on cost. Any ideas? Also, I thought the 10D had a faster frame rate? I once heard like 9 frames per second? Would have liked to see them get rid of the 1.6 ratio as well but I see that is still there :( Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

the 9 frames is how long the camera does the 3fps for.

Getting rid of that 1.6 might be a while though.. I heard it's incredibly expensive to make the full frame sensors.

I just came across the camera on Amazon. It is still not available but it has a listed price of $1499.99

Here is the link... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002XQI2E/qid=1094775827/br=1-3/ref=br_lf_p_3//102-5968225-0103360?v=glance&s=photo&n=3017941 it should be a clicky but this is the first time Im doing it so it might not work.

Btw how do you put different words for the clicky itself?

Herschel

That one is a placekeeper for the 1DS sensor being made available with that buffer.

Look for lots of Rebels and 10D's on EBay.

We're a year from the 1DS sensor in that polymer frame.

Until I'm offered 1:1, I'm not getting rid of my 10D.

Unless that was as part of a large kit with lotss of goodies... you paid too much. Anything over $850 is too much.

The 20D has my eyes right now.

Not for a 10D though, but if you paid 1K for a Digital Rebel, you paid too much.. That's what I paid when they first came out (the first day they had them in the stores)

Iwan

Well, it came with a 18-55 lens and a 512 card -- still too much!

Yep you got ripped off..
did you buy it at a local store or something?
I don't mind paying a little bit more if I can buy stuff local, you have the advantage of just walking back in if you have problems with it.
I paid 999 for just the kit (body + 18-55) close to a year ago now.

ooohh yeah, throw in the new EF-S 10-22, specially designed for those cameras and CCD:s!
cool!B|

Yeah it sounds like a cool lens, for freefall I would stick with a fixed lens though, at least my results with fixed are better than with a zoom lens like this.

Iwan

It's here it's here!!

I just held it, and it is NOICE.
A friend here at work bought it and just picked it up, I must say a very nice camera and it really is a lot lighter than the 10D.

I pressed the shutter-release.. WOW, that camera is FAST!

I want I want!! ha ha.. My CC company told me I can't have it though.. [:/]

Hello All
Below is from a post from the
Canon EOS 20D/10D/D60/D30 Forum at
www.dpreview.com

Canon20D compared to the Canon Rebel 300D

This Camera is FAST!!!
1. Turn on time is Instant. Wake up time is instant.
2. Build quality is MUCH better then the Rebel. Weight feels about the same.
3. Shutter speed is louder, has a "tingy" sound compared to the rebel.

4. Low light autofocus is absolutley amazing! Better then any camera I have ever used!

4. This is kinda wierd...In burst mode I can get 6 Raw images. In one shot mode taking pictures one right after another as fast as the camera can take em, I can always get up to 14 Raw images before the camera says busy. That should be acceptable to anybody IMHO. Now, that is RAW only, not any of the RAW+jpg options (there are several)

5. View finder seems larger then the Rebel. Nice and birght, no problems there.

6. Joystick is a little gimmicky. So far, it has only been useful in review mode. I have not needed it in anything else. (Did I just make it obvious that I skipped the manual?)

here are unedited samples. More to come!!!
7. http://www.pbase.com/fantasmic03/20d_samples
They are all handheld with 28-135IS.

As I said. I'll be looking to upgrade when the new issue has these features and a regular 35mm sensor.

As to the rest of you folks who "saved money" not buying the 10D, you'll be really sorry when you've bought the 300D, then the 20D, when the "whateverD" comes out with the lightness and the quickness of the 1DS.

I counsel you all to wait, if you've already bought a digital rebel.

Then again... there are those that are perfectly happy with their DigiRebels and would'nt replace them with the newest toys no matter what.

I am with you here, I am happy with it. Although for some shots a larger buffer would be nice (balloons / helicopters for example)

I am sticking with the digi rebel too, untill it breaks down, and then I upgrade.

Iwan

It lists the X sync @ 250 which is the pc terminal which is used with older flashes and studio strobes.

I'm sure they have high speed sync with the canon flash units that is much faster. I'll look into it. I think they wouldn't release the camera wtih just a 250 sync.

New pics from the Norcal FreeFly Festival are up at
http://www.petergallistudios.com
Shot with the old D60. The Guano video from the video presentation coming later today.

BTW my D60 is up for sale. PM serous offers.....
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Just bought one. Got the new lens too. Had to move the mount back on the helmet and put a lens support on the front. Dam bad weather prevents a maiden flight. :(

I have to get some jumps on my brand spankin new canopy before putting a 4 pound camera on. :S
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com