Flan

Digital Still Camera

What about a cheap digital camera for someone that is just starting?

A camera that you can use to practice your framing and stuff, without really worrying about (potentailly) loosing several thousand dollars worth of camera...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

What about a cheap digital camera for someone that is just starting?

A camera that you can use to practice your framing and stuff, without really worrying about (potentailly) loosing several thousand dollars worth of camera...

The problem with the cheaper cameras is that you don't have a remote shutter release on them.

And if you have to be worried about losing your cameras, you shouldn't bring them with you on a skydive.
I invested quite some money in my camera setup, but if it has to go, it goes..

Thanks,
Iwan

The problem with the cheaper cameras is that you don't have a remote shutter release on them.

And if you have to be worried about losing your cameras, you shouldn't bring them with you on a skydive.
I invested quite some money in my camera setup, but if it has to go, it goes..

I have a video camera. I bought to jump with. I also bought it to use at home and around other places. -> Value for money.

I already have a nice SLR. If I wanted to jump that, I would have to pay to process film, and the cost of that would mount quickly. Hence my wanting a digital camera. I don't want to go and buy a top of the range digital SLR, as I already have a nice SLR. So, a cheap digital -> potentially value for money.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

One other option you might want to look at is the Minolta Dimage 7hi. It has a remote switch is 5 megapixels, has a lense that can go as wide as 28mm and can be had for a fairly good price now. There is a 7, 7h, and a 7hi. 7hi being the newest and fastest. Dbuys lists the 7hi for 668.

William

In comparison to the price of a new camera/lens setup, I find Wal-mart's developing pretty cheap. You get the prints back in 2 days (all but once anyway[:/]) and you don't pay for the prints you don't like. They do a surprisingly good job most of the time. I think it must be all the practice they get.

I agree, don't take anything in freefall you wouldn't be okay with losing...just my op
"... this ain't a Nerf world."