Rdutch

Solution for Foggy Lens finaly found!

Im sitting on the plane during the last Fsl meet, and I see Graham Harding (Deland Majik) rubbing this stuff on his lens. I thought, he has to know nothing works in this Florida humidity and forget about it. Then Im watching everyone dub and of course break off is hidden by foggy lens's for everyone, except Graham, his lens is perfectly clear. So Immediatey I ask him what his secret is, and he hands me a jar and says here ya go. Its called Cat Crap, and Oh my god it works great, a little bit rubbed on your lens in the morning and then buffed off works majik.
I haven't seen a hint of moisture since I started using it. The only bad thing is I have no idea where to buy it, and Graham said he had to look all over the place to find it. Lucky for me he had extra's.
Good luck finding it, but it definitely works for me.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Your local REI has it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Phree - not that I would do so intentionally (still owe you BIG TIME bro!), but as an employee - I've never seen the stuff!! Checking REI.com proves unsuccessful as well. As for the "G" place...well - I can't say - I'm loyal to my own, but I'll keep an eye out at Wal-mart's gun counter, or anywhere else about the stuff.

So, what kind of dangers to your camera are there for adding this stuff?? [edited to read: dangers=gunkifying your camera & lenses]

And, if this is the best stuff to work in FL/GA humidity, why isn't it EVERYWHERE??

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

So, what kind of dangers to your camera are there for adding this stuff?? [edited to read: dangers=gunkifying your camera & lenses]

And, if this is the best stuff to work in FL/GA humidity, why isn't it EVERYWHERE??

I use it a lot now and there is no chance of gunkifying your lens/camera, you just rub a tiny amount on with your finger and then rub it off with a cloth.
Why isnt it everywhere? I guess their marketing dept sucks, there definitely is a demand for a product that stops camera fogging, sometimes we just get lucky and find a product intended for a difft market that works great for our purpose. I still think its funny to look at my offshore fishing catalog's and see "Emergency Line Cutter" at $60 when its a Jack the ripper hook knife, with a sticker on the handle.

Ray

Finally found some locally... Ski stores are a good starting point, only finding one in Houston in the summer is a challange. We'll see how it works.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Man it worked great ....oooops cloud....big cloud, 98 degrees temp and humid as hell, surely a fog factor, but nope nothing!!! no fog at all.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

Just got mine and it works awesome.

Just wanted to let everyone know my result's. This stuff works!!! And it work's great. There are a few old school nay sayers at my Dz that swear they have tried everything, and they insist on keeping their camera's covered, and warm all the time but still get fog. I haven't had any since I started using this stuff.
You do need to reapply it a few times a day on real Humid muggy days, but for what it cost's and how much it takes it really isnt a problem. And especially when your tandem is paying you $50 its well worth it. I even went back to using my old Sony .06 lens that fogged up all the time, keeping my expensive Diamond Lens for competition.
Well good luck and have fun.

Ray

OK, my initial feedback on this stuff. It's better than nothing. It's far from perfect but it does seem to reduce the chance of getting fogging. I have found that it will allow fogging in spots and it always seems to be where your subject is, at least in my case. I think a more liberal application and less buffing is needed in order to illiminate all fogging. It's worth having a canister in your camera box but it's far from magic
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING