mikkey

Multiflex or F.A.S.T.?

Looks like I am ordering a new Talon FS next week. I will have to make a choice between FAST or Multiflex harness rings.
Anyone have some advise? I am not sure what is best. Mostly going to do RW with the rig.

Thanks. :)
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

well, am i right that it is the same price for either one??

if so, get the one with hip and chest (i'm not sure which one that is) because if you go to sell it one day, the resale value will go up, and in my opinion they are more comfortible. and i think they kinda look cool on a rig, but i'm not sure why, i just do.

later

AH!!!

F.A.S.T. (Fully Articulated Suspension Technology) Is uppers and lowers.

Just lowers is Articulated.
Just order lower rings and get the MultiFlex type leg pads. You'll be golden.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Multiflex: The Multi-flex Harness provides unequaled levels of comfort & flexibility plus we are now able to offer you the option of Full Stainless Steel Hardware with the introduction of Stainless Steel Hip & Chest Rings along with the already available Stainless Steel 3-rings & or Leg & Chest Adjusters.
http://www.parachutesaustralia.com/s2/imgs/prods/talon3/t3hrns.jpg

F.A.S.T. : Fully Articulated Suspension Technology ®.
A modern harness configuration with high strength forged steel rings located at the hip junction for complete freedom of movement.
http://www.parachutesaustralia.com/s2/imgs/prods/talon3/fast_hrns.jpg

--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Thanks all for the comments. Better understand the difference now. Will consult with a couple guys at the DZ who have Talon's. They look really nice and manufactured here in Australia under license - which makes them also very attractive price wise (fully optioned around USD 1500-1600).
Looking forward to tomorrow - 95 F, blue skies at the DZ and lifts to 14K with a comfy Caravan. What is the weather like in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment? ;)

---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

After a week of clear, cool weather in Vancouver, it looks like we are in for a bit of rain. This winter cough! cough! has turned out way milder than previous years.

Returning to your original question, I have been jumping a 1997 Talon 2 with hip rings (FAST) since it was built. I like the hip rings because they help large me to fold into small Cessnas.
Like Bill Booth, I always thought that chest rings were more fancy than we really need. The primary advantage of chest rings seems to be that you can really reef your chest strap tight for head down skydiving.
Bill sees the primary advantage of chest rings as more shiny stainless steel to impress your skydiving buddies.
Now that several manufacturers have perfected contoured shoulder yokes, I believe that chest rings will decline in practicality.
I may be just a touch biased towards ringed harnesses since I worked at Rigging Innovations from 1994 to 1997, when we worked the bugs out sizing Flexon and Talon 2 ringed harnesses.

The primary advantage of chest rings seems to be that you can really reef your chest strap tight for head down skydiving.

I found that the tight set up on my Talon is specialy good in back tracking: the rig won't move and I just don't think about it untill pull time B| .
I set it that way on all jumps now and I loose up the chest strap all the way as part of my post-opening routine...

Alain

I know of two people who got custom built Talon harnesses (in Australia) and haven't been happy with them. One guy (small build) found it moved around too much and came off his shoulders in head-down. Don't know the details of the 2nd guy. They eventually had the harnesses rebuilt and the rings removed. PM me if you want his number.
I've got an older Talon with just the hip rings and I love it. I don't see the need for the chest rings.
Also, check out the thread on the total control site about this.
http://www.totalcontrol.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Advice;action=display;num=1044861686