ffp1974

fall rate

That is what I was taught. Fly your slot and give a good stable base.

Of course the guy that told me I should have brought the formation down to help the others, also was the one who told me to fly my slot a few weeks ago. lol

I will state we were doing a dog bone and i was the connecting piece, with my back to the others trying to get into the formation.

If the base is together, they can pick up the rate AS A GROUP. I only attempt to speed up if the people who are low are trying to get back up. If they've given up, they're on their own.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

If the base is together, they can pick up the rate AS A GROUP. I only attempt to speed up if the people who are low are trying to get back up. If they've given up, they're on their own.

agreed, but it depends on the group

I've been with groups that just don't know how to speed up a small round base. Taking really hard grips or shifting to high grips and then trying to arch hard doesn't work and sometimes will slow it down.

But there is no reason, if the base is communicating and sees someone low, that they shouldn't try to speed up as a base. But that's a bonus. A steady fall rate at a reasonable speed is all that should be "expected".

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I've automatically picked up my fallrate along with the rest of the base, in smallish ways (4-ways, 6-ways) where everyone else who wasn't docked yet was low, and the whole base decided to fall as fast as possible to catch up with them. Usually during mixed advanced/intermediate/novice loads. Mostly it was a matter of all of us automatically levelling with the leader who goaded the rest of the base to fall faster.

Why not ask the jumpers that have a faster fall rate to buy a suit that has excess material under the arm pits to the waist. I was having the same problem until i bought a suit like this. I can now control my fall rate from 90 mph to 155 mph, and a max 217 mph+ (In a track, and in a head down body position) The suit is a freefly suit from ParaChi. Her husband and herself own a really nice DZ in Oklahoma. Steve-O-Rino jumps and flies video there.

I hope this helps in some small way. Good Luck And Be Safe.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Why not ask the jumpers that have a faster fall rate to buy a suit that has excess material under the arm pits to the waist.

Hey guys, since I'm unable to learn to pick up the fall rate, would each of you spend between $300 and $500 on a new suit you'll wear just when you jump with me? It'll need some excess flapping material, so you'll need to deal with slight loss in your flying ability. Thanks a BUNCH

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Why not ask the jumpers that have a faster fall rate to buy a suit that has excess material under the arm pits to the waist.

Hey guys, since I'm unable to learn to pick up the fall rate, would each of you spend between $300 and $500 on a new suit you'll wear just when you jump with me? It'll need some excess flapping material, so you'll need to deal with slight loss in your flying ability. Thanks a BUNCH

:)

... and a max 217 mph+ (In a track, and in a head down body position)...

If that's your fall rate in a track, you need serious instruction on how to track.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

:)

you might think it's LOL, I think he was being an asshole to someone just trying to help >:(

... and a max 217 mph+ (In a track, and in a head down body position)...

If that's your fall rate in a track, you need serious instruction on how to track.

Maybe you need to re-read his post. While his sentence structure was a little awkward, his meaning was clear.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well I see a comma... so I understood as two different events... the track and the head down.

For me, a track is a maneuver that you use to reach maximum horizontal speed with minimum vertical speed... but maybe that's the old school thought.

If he meant a head down track.... and such thing exists, then I misunderstood him.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

you might think it's LOL, I think he was being an asshole to someone just trying to help

I condiser this a personal attack, and your sarcasm is not apreciated;.

Your the one that's being an asshole, you freaking wanker. If the original poster did not want suggestions, then the topic should never have been brought up. By the way, the suit i was referring to costs me a whole $75.00 right here in the classifieds on DZ.COM. It's in great condition as well.

If i were you, and thank God i'm not i'd be just a little more careful before you start with the sarcastic crap. It's a small world.

I think he was being an asshole to someone just trying to help >:(

I know you are being an asshole to someone just trying to help.
-Richard-

If he meant a head down track.... and such thing exists, then I misunderstood him.

You seriously misunderstood me. That's what most people do when they are hasty to judge others. Most people are critical of others just to make them selves feel better about their own selves.
-Richard-

He was either jumping in on my self mockery, or he (wrongly) thinks I was talking about him (rw - I was calling myself names just for the heck of it).

I can see how it was misread. that damn rehmwa, he's such a poor communicator - I can't stand that guy

Yeah, asshole, you should apologize to rwider

Have you noticed that "rehmwa" almost rhymes with "wanker"?

That wacky British language.... What's it called?