buff

How do you start a 4way team

By looking at my logbook, I've jumped from 11 different 182's... all carrying 5... one back to the dashboard, one besides the door, one back to the pilot's seat and two on the back of the aircraft facing forward (sometimes facing backwards, in cases where the back wall is cut)

It's just anecdotal evidence, but 11 out of 11... I think it's a very good indicative.

But... if you jump on a DZ that has 1 180 and that 180 carries 4... then you're screwed.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

I think I've only jumped 3 different 182's, but they've all only carried 4.

I believe to get it to five you generally need a widebody. I can't imagine squeezing five people into a standard 182, with only four you feel like a sardine once you've been spoiled by a larger plane.

- Dan G

Haha,

I feel what you mean. My first 4-way training season (back in 96) was 100 jumps out of a 5 jumper configuration... all at 12000... 40 minutes plus ride to altitude...
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

By looking at my logbook, I've jumped from 11 different 182's... all carrying 5... one back to the dashboard, one besides the door, one back to the pilot's seat and two on the back of the aircraft facing forward (sometimes facing backwards, in cases where the back wall is cut)

It's just anecdotal evidence, but 11 out of 11... I think it's a very good indicative.

But... if you jump on a DZ that has 1 180 and that 180 carries 4... then you're screwed.

sounds like 206's, not 182s - even widebody, if it's 5 in a 182, you still are likely VERY uncomforable

but I'd still turn around one of those in the back and have them face rear too - just another straw in the weight balance - every little bit helps

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Okay, I'm the OP here.

Over the winter, one Wing-X mod, an IO550, and a 3-bladed Hartzell in a narrow body 182. She is screaming to altitude now but we lack a seatbelt and one tiny vidiot.

Plus I think we lost someone to the darkside.[:/]

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I must have been spoilt with some very nice 182s!!
I have been in 5, they all fit 5 people, and all weren't that uncomfortable... personally I think an Islander is more uncomfortable (can't wait to get out of that thing!!)
Mind you one has a supercharger, and another had modifications to make it go faster (can't remember what, but takes 20 mins to get to 14,000)

Plus I think we lost someone to the darkside.[:/]

I think it's great when someone tries CrW, but they can do both CrW and RW

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have exactly 2 jumps out of a 206, and if I'm not mistaken (it's Brazil, we squeeze the last drop) it carried 6 or 7.

Regarding 180's and 182, for take off the drill was everybody on their knees facing forward and bringing the GC most forward possible. Then when at a safe altitude the pilot would give the ok for everybody to sit down.

I have exactly 2 jumps out of a 206, and if I'm not mistaken (it's Brazil, we squeeze the last drop) it carried 6 or 7.

this is like the midget RW'er forum

HAHAHAHAAHA!

Good one.

Yes, we don't have many 6'+ in our population, but please don't insult! B|

I think it's great when someone tries CrW, but they can do both CrW and RW

Back in the day, we use to do CReW on every RW dive. That's what the space between 2,500 and 1,500 is for!!B|

Oh, and by the way, what happens to the poor camera guy when his team falls apart?? That's right, what about the poor videit?? What does he do when Scotty hangs it up and Eric can't jump on the meet dates?? That's right, "I Don't Know" has become "I Don't Think So"!!

Any teams out there looking to help out a poor underprivleged human camera mount, give me a call. ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

We were slightly more fortunate in that we had a 210 so we could take vidiot up with us, but we did have the issue of having to exit a Porter at Nationals. We were in the novice category so there wasn't HUGE pressure, but we only had 2 training days on the Porter before the comp started. We decided on nailing 2 exits (I can't remember what they were now, this was a couple of years ago) that we knew we could exit stable and then transition to the first point. Sure we lost a few seconds on each jump transitioning to the first point, but we still did very respectably vs. our competitors who had all trained on the Porter and most important of all... we had a blast!

PS I don't have a lot of jumps but most of them are in Cessnas:P the 182 that we use takes 4 jumpers, the 210 takes 5, the 206 & 207 take 6.

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Consider having one or two of your teammates get setup with camera gear. Sony HC-46 + Kenko .43 wide angle fish eye and a step-up ring will run you less than $400 new, or find a camera online for cheaper. Be sure to follow recommendations on jumping camera and get some training in their use.

You won't get the whole jump since it'll be on someone's head so the POV will be skewed to wherever they are, but you'll have some great memories to look back on years from now!