padu

Maubeuge 2008

Just spoke with some of my friends defending Brazil at the 2008 World Parachuting Championships at Maubeuge... people are starting to arrive and weather is perfect right now from what he says.

It seems there will be live coverate on their website:
http://www.maubeuge2008.org/

So what's your guess? USA? France? Russia?
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

yeah, 4-way.. sorry, but I forget that there are people interested in things other than 4-way :)

Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

The draw is up! http://www.maubeuge2008.org/live/news/

8-way

round 1: 17 - P - 4
round 2: H - 13 - 7
round 3: 6 - M - 1
round 4: 9 - 22 - C
round 5: 16 - J - 8
round 6: K - F - G - 18
round 7: O - Q - 5 - 12
round 8: 11 - A - L - 20
round 9: 14 - 21 - 2
round 10: N - 15 - B - 19
round 11: E - 3 - 10

4-way open & 4-way female
round 1: B - 17 - 7
round 2: H - N - 13 - A
round 3: 10 - J - C - 6
round 4: 18 - 12 - 2
round 5: E - 3 - 9
round 6: 19 - O - 4
round 7: D - M - 5 - 16
round 8: 14 - 20 - 21
round 9: Q - 8 - 15
round 10: K - 11 - 22
round 11: L - P - 1 - G
Remster

Emile,

Any knowledge about how we can send messages to the competitors? I looked on the web site and don't see any e-mail links to do so. Since Omniskore isn't there have we lost this communication??

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hi

I'm not sure but you could try to email the dropzone, I'm sure they will put it inthe competitor's basket. According to the web site ithe email address is [email protected]. If I can find a fax number I'll post that as well.

The good news is that the 4 way has done round 1 and are busy with round 2.

The weather isn't fantastic but it is jumpable. This means that they will probably start 8 way in the morning.

Blue skies (hopefully)
Emile

If anyone is looking for more info from the meet the NSL is posting on their web site.

The Maugeuge web site is broadcasting Quicktime videos. NSL is posting .wmv of some of the rounds.

http://skyleague.com/pages/scores/results.php?event=508&meetNumber=4

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

But the official "documentary" videos are good... go figure.

France opened a good margin on 8-way

Is it my pc, or are the videos from the meet site very, VERY jittery?

The videos were encoded with vlc to x264 codec (mp4 container).
Sorry it plays badly with quicktime. But it plays very well with vlc (windows, linux, MacOS,...), totem or mplayer (linux). So vlc is a good choice whatever your platform is.

Is it my pc, or are the videos from the meet site very, VERY jittery?

The videos were encoded with vlc to x264 codec (mp4 container).
Sorry it plays badly with quicktime. But it plays very well with vlc (windows, linux, MacOS,...), totem or mplayer (linux). So vlc is a good choice whatever your platform is.

I would suggest you guys start using a codex that is standard on the mainstream player. I'm not installing a new player just for this (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).
Remster

The judges really seem to have their sights set on the US FS4 team.
Anybody know why (and where) Airspeed got busted twice on round 6? I looked at it a few times, but didn't see anything abnormal compared to other teams.

It depends on how rigorous the judges are with the video quality. I've been in championships where the 2nd point on the hill (icepick) would be a bust simply because the video doesn't show the right hand gripping the cat... same thing happens with the 3rd icepick. You have to "assume" the grips are made but you actually don't see the hands...

8-Way is rather disappointing for the US. The Fast Trax/Golden Knight team has gotten spanked hard in 2 out of the 6 rounds, They lost both rounds by 5 points. Thats is a lot at the world meet level. They trail the French by 11 with one round to go.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails