GQ_jumper

It's almost time....World Meet 2006, who's it gonna be?

can you link me to the video pages?

Edit; nevermind, found them

where?

look up top at the front page on skyleague, link'll take you to the score summary

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Jan, thanks for the combined sheet as it is cool to look at. I was looking at the top 2 womens teams at almost 20 avg and they are at 8 and 9 overall. That is outstanding and an argument that the Womens division really is not needed since Women seem pretty damn able to kick teams arses! Also of the teams ahead of them, how many have a woman on it, including the #1 team.........

but the 20 ave goal is a full meet average point, not two jumps where one has 4 randoms in it.

but, like you, I'm confident it'll happen someday - and the argument that they would still fit in the top 10 team is a better argument anyway

that video site is too crowded, I haven't seen a dive yet - maybe tonight......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

but the 20 ave goal is a full meet average point, not two jumps where one has 4 randoms in it.

but, like you, I'm confident it'll happen someday - and the argument that they would still fit in the top 10 team is a better argument anyway

that video site is too crowded, I haven't seen a dive yet - maybe tonight......

I agree on the 20 average as they are lower on the past scores that I can dig up with smaller round meets. From Skyleague for airkix an average of about 16 with some Swothwest league meets of 6 rounds and in 2 8 round meets the French women averaged 18 pts.

The big thing as I see it is if 2 of the top 10 teams remain as women only and a number of the top teams have a woman on it: Fire, Sinapsi, Arcteryx.. that is a pretty good indicator that there is some level of equity available in terms of ability..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Wowza!
4 way is just finishing round 4 and Fire seems to be in first.
4-way womens USA has moved up in rank to 3rd behind Great Britan and France after round 3. Round 4 is currently in progress.
8-way...France is up by 5 followed by USA and Russia.
The AE group seems to be having a slow time of it. Some are just now completing round 2.:S

Betsy is right, Airspeed has pulled it out from behind before, I wouldn't count them out yet. But this is probably the most well prepared team they've encountered in a long time. I'm still holdin out for my boys, and gal;)

I also wanted to say thanks to Betsy for keepin me updated with as busy as she's been back home, I'm in Florida for work and unfortunately have little to no net access[:/]
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Betsy is right, Airspeed has pulled it out from behind before, I wouldn't count them out yet

Well they just picked up a point in the last round;)

I also wanted to say thanks to Betsy for keepin me updated

You are most welcome...anything for you. Well ok I do not have a beautiful Asian girl for you to marry...but other than that....LOLB|

Well ok I do not have a beautiful Asian girl for you to marry...but other than that....LOL

Well get to lookin girl;), Dan needs him a geisha girl!!!

On the Airspeed and France note if someone could do me a favor and tie the French teams shoelaces together on jump run, that would be super:P

I now have my entire team cheering for Airspeed here and I'm the only civilian skydiver on the team!! That rox

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

French 4-way, round 4. How the heck did that get a 21? Or maybe there was a re-jump and they got a 21 on the re-jump but the 1st video is still posted? The video gets real ugly due to clouds/moisture

I watched the video and saw about 17 points, not 21. But there was some clouds, so they could have gotten a rejump.

Skyleague shows 21 points, Omniskore shows 17, WM site says 21...But nothing official from the FAI.

Last I remember you were not allowed to score more on a rejump than you scored on the first jump. I could be off, but I thought that was how it worked.

Edit...I checked the rules:
5.9. Rejumps. In each case of a jump where part of the Team's performance is not judgeable
due to lack of video evidence, the freefall video equipment will be handed directly to the
VRP for assessing the conditions and circumstances of that occurrence.
5.9.1. In the case that the VRP determines that there has been an intentional abuse of the rules
by the Team, a rejump will not be granted and the Team will receive the minimum score.
5.9.2. In the case that the VRP determines that the responsibility of providing the video evidence
has not been met, the Team will be given the following options:
· To score the video evidence available.
· To accept a rejump, in which case a penalty of 2 points will be deducted in determining the final score.

So, if they did a 21...Then either they have not taken the two points off, or they really smoked that round...Like REALLY smoked that round.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I watched the video and saw about 17 points, not 21.

video from realxtreme - They didn't get the 4th Bunyip - so 19 points. but at least 2 were not judgeable due to the weather rain. So the 17 makes sense. It looked like a decent jump 19 is a really good score, too bad about the rain. Puts Russian and France and Italy real close for 2nd.

Rejump - 23-2 = 21. L-14-10 would be AMAZING if they could get 23 in time.

If the women can see round 7, maybe Airkix could get a bit closer to the 20 mark..... Again, Russia neck and neck. This time with the US women.

8-way - Do you think we'll see all 10 rounds? I wouldn't be surprised if Airspeed could make up ground a point per round. Hammering it won't hurt their 2nd place spot, but taking the risk could get them caught up if they have all 4 rounds......