GQ_jumper

It's almost time....World Meet 2006, who's it gonna be?

According to Kurt's story, the French had two re-jumps. Got a 19 on the first re-jump, and a 21 on the second re-jump.

:S

Interesting, so there is no 2 point deduction?

(gotta hand it to the French though, a 19 is a great score, and to keep improving on the same jump under competition is a sign of good nerves)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

looks like only 1 more jump for 8 way too... damm, too bad, AS was on a 1 point per jump comeback!

They very well would have made that up too.

Overall I'm not happy with the fact that the WM was held in a place known for weather like this, and with notnearly the logistical support needed for an event of this size.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kick ass Airkix!!! B|

I am really stoked about this, it is bloody brilliant! They worked so hard for so long. Their cameraflyer Andy (and also Rob Simpson who helped out for a camp), both totally sound fellas. I was pleased when they qualified for funding, this is just awesome.

Can't wait to toast their success with AlienAngel. Fuckin' brilliant!

Can't wait to toast their success with AlienAngel.

Dount count on it... That fucker has been promissing us to come over our place for drinks for almost a year now, and fuck all! :ph34r:

Congrats Girls, and the other winners too of course!
Remster

I think it's BS that the French got to do that round 3 times. Especially since that sqeaked them in front of Italy for the Bronze. Of course they're gonna rip it on their third try...

didn't Airkix get 2 rejumps on a same round too ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I think it's BS that the French got to do that round 3 times. Especially since that sqeaked them in front of Italy for the Bronze. Of course they're gonna rip it on their third try...

Understandable, but they played by the rules, then it's not BS by definition.

They didn't choose the weather in Gera. Neither did all the other teams which got rejumps. Rejumps can be draining. And certainly time consuming. I wonder if all the rejumps by the field didn't keep us from completing a few more rounds.

I was rooting for Italy for 2nd just because Pete's a cool jumper..... But the French team is a great team, too.

Watch the 28 Fire posted, that's a fun time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think that rejump rule is a lot of bull :S.... they should repeat the whole round for everybody or nobody.
Judges stole silver from Italian team.
It was like they were giving two extra practice jumps to French. Of course they are going to score better on each jump :). those rules really suck >:(:S>:(

I think that rejump rule is a lot of bull .... they should repeat the whole round for everybody or nobody.
Judges stole silver from Italian team.
It was like they were giving two extra practice jumps to French. Of course they are going to score better on each jump . those rules really suck

I don't think they did anything wrong. But the rules do suck. I think that the max score allowed should have been the max score from the first jump. It was clear they stopped before the 4th 10. So the max score should not be allowed to go higher than that.

Did they get the penalty points for the rejump? Fromt he rules they round would have to be deducted two points....If so, they did a 23? Wow.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think that the max score allowed should have been the max score from the first jump.

IF it's clearly visible (In this case the 20th point didn't finish in time - so 19).

We still haven't gotten the penalty question you posed answered though.

Ron -

does IPC have the "conditional" vs. "unconditional" rejump rule? I know USPA used to have this. Haven't looked to see if they still do. On a conditional re-jump, you would only be able to score the max of the prior. On an unconditional, you could outscore the prior jump.

Now that I think about, didn't USPA change this re: clouds to say if you go - it counts, period. If you ride down, get footage of why you didn't go and hope we agree with you???

Not that this matters re IPC if the rules are different.

Also - great meet by Select. Bummer to see that the tie was settled on the ground. I think they tie-breakers should be (a) jump it off until somebody wins or darkness or weather sets in, (b) single highest round, (c) ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, best 4 out of 7 (ie: team members alternate turns throwing down).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the max score should not be allowed to go higher than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then whats the point of a rejump?

To earn the points lost to video. Example, France did a 19 on the first round 4 jump. They lost 2 points due to being in the cloud, so the score they posted was a 17....But the did 19 but two were lost in the clouds. So they get an opportunity to re jump that round, but the max score would be 19.

Thats totaly fair. Letting them keep doing the same jump over and over will let them go faster....So cap the rejump at the max turned on the first jump.

Totally fair, vs what happens now.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

They lost 2 points due to being in the cloud, so the score they posted was a 17....But the did 19 but two were lost in the clouds

Thats in a case when you can mosly see the 4way, but not enough to judge the points, right? But where do you draw the line if there is no image due to a thick cloud area during a fast random sequence? Who knows what they did in that time?
Remster

Thats in a case when you can mosly see the 4way, but not enough to judge the points, right? But where do you draw the line if there is no image due to a thick cloud area during a fast random sequence? Who knows what they did in that time?

Well it only works if you can count the number of pages turned before they run out of time. If you can count the pages, in this case almost 4, then you know how many points they could have turned max. Why should they be allowed to score more on a rejump than the scored the first time?

In this case it is pretty clear that they earned 19 points max. But they were allowed to rejump it two more times. They finaly ended up with a score higher than they earned on the first jump. How is that fair when the other teams only got one shot at a score?

If you can't tell how many pages they turned, well it gets tricky. But I wonder if the French had the two points deducted according to the IPC? Cause a 23 would be a really good score....But that just proves if you give a team three jumps to practice the same jump, they will get much better.

Well it only works if you can count the number of pages turned before they run out of time. If you can count the pages, in this case almost 4, then you know how many points they could have turned max. Why should they be allowed to score more on a rejump than the scored the first time?

In this case it is pretty clear that they earned 19 points max. But they were allowed to rejump it two more times. They finaly ended up with a score higher than they earned on the first jump. How is that fair when the other teams only got one shot at a score?

If you can't tell how many pages they turned, well it gets tricky. But I wonder if the French had the two points deducted according to the IPC? Cause a 23 would be a really good score....But that just proves if you give a team three jumps to practice the same jump, they will get much better.

I agree on this one I think judges made completely wrong decision this time :S:(

What a meet! Despite the weather doing it's best to ruin things for everyone!

Special congratulations to Pete Allum for working so hard with Sinapsi and getting a well-overdue world meet medal. One of the most well-respected and talented skydivers the UK has ever produced, I'm very pleased for him right now.

Airkix did a great job with Dan BC at the helm too. Surely only a matter of time that the whole male/female divide becomes irrelevent in the eyes of the FAI.

Natasha, Eliana and the like proving convincingly that gender is not an issue in our sport!
www.southparc.co.uk

Women's 4-way (disagree with the segregration...) The French Girls I hope will win (they just posted a 19 point average from their last comp) with the Russian Ladybirds coming 2nd. The Ukranian chicks are very sweet and hope they achieve whatever goal they have.

Hey Liz, real sorry to see your favorite team did not win but you must be thrilled to see your own country women do so well and take the gold - with a 19 average I believe?

America...F**K YEAH!