choll15

UK FS Nationals

Nice one!
Should be interesting to see what happens in Juniors and inters this year - esp. with no jump no. restrictions any more. Inters could be close - Damn and Helix seem fairly close - too close to call?!?
Anyway - I know of 7 or 8 teams going from Weston - just trying to work out if it'll be even bigger than last year (50 or so??)

Keep 'em comin!
www.southparc.co.uk

Hi Chris.

We've had good turn out at Grand Prix this year let's hope the Nats is even bigger. DamnZebra and Helix are coached by Pat McGowan but dont count out Evolution. If they can "kick in" at the Nats then watch out. Snurge Munkeys are fast improvers and could medal. Mission Impossible is back after being cold for two seasons, and an inter team from Langar has been claiming astonishing random work (rumors of a 27 point jump).

In seniors - watch out for Airkix the Britain womens team. I wonder how Spank are going.

Junior scores have been low-ish this season, but the Nationals usually brings in additional talent.

What's great to see, is not only the junior + inter teams progressing, but we seem to be building a critical mass of experienced jumpers and this seems to be leading to more senior teams.

I wonder if the UK will actually manage to create an AA category next year. Surely there are enough teams for it.

Dru
Damn Zebra

Junior scores have been low-ish this season, but the Nationals usually brings in additional talent.

Don't forget that the jump numbers rule has gone this year; that should shake things up a bit in Juniors and Inters....
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Hopefully, people will use a bit of common sense when deciding which category to enter. Jump numbers are now pretty irrelevent to skill level and back at the AGM the consensus seemed to think dropping the jump limits was a good idea. There's an idea being talked about by our USA buddies (although it's not in the rules there either), namely if you medal in a lower category, you have to move up. This gives new skydivers a chance and would stop ringers getting token medals. Hopefully this won't be a problem though!

We shall soon see! How many teams do we reckon on seeing? 50 plus again!? Rain, rain, go away!!!

Always sunny at Hib, right? ;-)
www.southparc.co.uk

the whole point of me accepting the invitation I got for a wedding this week-end, and therefore not being able to join a scratch team was to ensure the good weather was up north and the bad weather down south at this wedding!

I don't understand :S[:/]

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Weather broke at about 1500 yesterday and they managed to put up 65 (!) lifts before end of play. Lift one took off at 0700 this morning, but the layer at about 7k thickened by the time lift 2 was in the air and we are currently stood by.

Everyone got to round 4, with couple on round 5; all three categories have a close fight at the top between 5 and 7 teams..... if only this bloody weather would sort itself out; the competition itself is close and exciting.

Airkix rock; did a 30 in time yesterday on round 2 which is currently believed to be a British record.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent