rehmwa

Bundy-Bundy

i jumped it too.

front pair going forward. back pair going forward and they kind of meet up. The vertical plan was to have the back pair go under (re std cont and compress floaty) but it didn't get to close -> back pair was too quick!

Be ready to heave on the brakes, the compress gets going some and can be difficult to stop.

We also tried (8way) 17 but I don't like to think about it - oh the horror....

Blue dreams

The vertical plan was to have the back pair go under (re std cont and compress floaty) but it didn't get to close -> back pair was too quick!

Look for the SSL video's as soon as they are posted.

Both pieces go forward. The front piece turns pretty much on it's center point while tail goes over the top and the back piece shears it to save on the 540. From IC it feels a lot like block 21. At least this is the way Airspeed Odyssey did it. I think Velocity may have done it a bit different. I guess they wanted to see which team could turn faster times.
Dom

Both pieces go forward. The front piece turns pretty much on it's center point while tail goes over the top and the back piece shears it to save on the 540. ***

I'm still trying to learn all the block techniques and was wondering what exactly you mean when you say they shear it to save movement?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

When pieces shear it means they both spin the same (each spin clockwise for example). The other option is 'cogging' when then turn together like gears.

Shearing can allow the pieces to spin and also travel (like a planet rotates and moves/revolves simultaneously). The traveling lets the pieces move around each other to allow the rotation move to end earlier. (Note requirements to spin pieces is relative to each other's center points, not the earth - so if you have to rotate 360, you can rotate 180 degrees and move around to 180 degrees to the far side of the other piece and it still counts - careful, for it to work you must be aware of which way you roate and which way you revolve in order to make the correct amount of turn relative to the other piece). There's more about center points and violations, but I have a meeting now.

If we had video I could show you in about 10 words.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

(Note requirements to spin pieces is relative to each other's center points, not the earth - so if you have to rotate 360, you can rotate 180 degrees and move around to 180 degrees to the far side of the other piece and it still counts - careful, for it to work you must be aware of which way you roate and which way you revolve in order to make the correct amount of turn relative to the other piece).

Yeah i watched some of the vids i have and saw what you were talking about.

There's more about center points and violations, but I have a meeting now.***

PM anything else you have on it to me if you don't mind. I'm still not to the point where i'm ready to start doing block techniques but its never to early to learn about em!!
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Better yet - go to a skyleague meet. You have a Colorado region. Then talk to the judges or offer to help judge or whatever.

no substitute better than talking to the pros or doing it directly - I'm just a duffer here

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Better yet - go to a skyleague meet. You have a Colorado region. Then talk to the judges or offer to help judge or whatever.

I definitely plan on taking a part in the CoSL this summer, but til i get back from Iraq i have to settle for whatever i can learn on dz.com!!:P

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

We sleep better when you keep your f---ing head down and come home safe!!!! ***

that i can do, and when i get back i'll be out to socal for a few days, lemme know if you wanna share some tunnel time while i'm out there.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry a bit late with this, we have been training this over the weekend.
The schering works well with the IC opening the door for the tail to flick through.
The top pair (Yes memory) spins a 360 full speed and then allows the 180 to slow them down for the catch.
At this stage the bottom pair is finished and can be in position to catch and close any gaps in the pairs.
Worked really well.

There may be some conservatives that say rather go controlled, but it can be really fast if you stay close and get the catch.
The forward movement can get out of control and you may end up over rotating.
Just maintain eye contact and ensure you only spin the 360 fast and then slow right down.

Let us know how it goes.....

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa