rehmwa

Bundy-Bundy

This is nuts, just because it's winter doesn't mean we shouldn't have more posts here on a 4-way basics.

How about the new Block 12? How would you stage it. I've never done this one.

I see it as a lot like ZZ-Marq. With no vert other than maybe the tail kicking over/under the point piece to cut the corner maybe a bit.

So maybe - shear it, (spinning forward?), minimal vert, with the point piece spinning pretty well in place and the tail looking to shear to a point to cut the turns short - with the IC guaranteeing the catch.

I'm not sure how much faster the compressed could get around the 540 compared to the sidebody spin.

Any thoughts?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Shear it spinning forward.

Front piece moves forward and tries to rotate counter clockwise where it cuts of degree of rotation. Rear piece shears like "21" used to and helps cut off the degree of turn.

Right now I think the tail going over for a better target since the tail can move pretty well, and the compressed does not slide well while spinning.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Front piece moves forward and tries to rotate counter clockwise where it cuts of degree of rotation. .

That's a nice refinement to pretty much what I was thinking - rotate the front piece so that it's a 3 stage move where the 'inner person' in each 180 is moving forward and the outer is replacing - OC moves/point rolls with it, then change places, then change places with this last bit letting the point be more aggressive on the finish. Then extent of the staging then just depends on how well it's timing out with the tail piece's finish.

edit: I preferred (in my head) the tail going over, but then wasn't sure as the compressed might more naturally float up anyway. But in the end, I'd assigned whatever vert (high or low) to the tail anyway - they have more time and are more maneuverable. As such, let 'em be on top to own that finish.

edit: If the sidebody just kicked the tail over (180) and then backed up the piece to the almost the far side of the compressed until the compressed spin closed it would meet the 540/360 intent........

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Did they post the new draw? We have been going throught the 4 way soap oprea at Perris the last few weeks.

Crazy. Everone wants to do 4way but no one will commit to each other. It is sad to see.

Bundy-Bundy? Maybe like Comp Box? Maybe even a vert in it? HAve to think about that for a while. Or call B.C.:D
Dom

Ron -

What ya think about taking the memory of new 12 on the rear piece. Bundy is easily built the other way around.

I would not do it.

1. Unless you are already giving memory to the rear piece already...why start now? The same thing could be done with comp box....But I can't think of anyone that does it.

2. The random bundy was built the way it was since it was the fastest. This random build will still be the fastest.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

As far as I understand it will require a slot switch for front (or rear) piece. So it will not be included into intermediate pool?

It's a memory. Since I can't talk my teammates into doing the whole pool (one more year) I won't see it except for practice. But I like engineering dives and figuring out blocks. I see a big vert in here depending on how fast the tail is on some of the big teams...... But mostly just what I wrote initially with Ron's clarification.

It's a memory. Since I can't talk my teammates into doing the whole pool (one more year) I won't see it except for practice. But I like engineering dives and figuring out blocks. I see a big vert in here depending on how fast the tail is on some of the big teams...... But mostly just what I wrote initially with Ron's clarification.

Same here. We are doing intermediate too ;) but I like engineering and visualizing the whole pool.

The same thing could be done with comp box....But I can't think of anyone that does it.

We did it. (Both Katalyst and KII) :D

Sometimes on the 10, too. But we had a pretty open continuity plan.

My new team hasn't solidified a plan yet, but it will probably be the front piece switching everything.

The new 12 look interesting, but still not as fun as zipper-star!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Ron - there are still some teams that are using shared memory plans, especially out west. If you are going with memory and no mirrors, what does it really matter how you do the 16 or the new 12 for that matter. For the youngsters out there, there was a time when shared memory was the norm and comp box was always a rear memory block. Granted, the standard bundy build is the fastest most of the time, but I have seen some teams use the reverse bundy to engineer around things.

New 12 also provides a great opportunity to swing out of the front memory.

Steve.

Ron - there are still some teams that are using shared memory plans, especially out west. If you are going with memory and no mirrors, what does it really matter how you do the 16 or the new 12 for that matter.

Point 2 still stands. Most formations the "A" Bundy will be faster...(It's why its the "A";))

We talked about doing 16 with memory in the rear a few times. We didn't see much of a benefit.

but I like engineering and visualizing the whole pool.

That's really sick.

Ahem.... * Ring Ring..*
Mr Pot.. Will you accept a collect call from Mr Kettle?:D

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

That's really sick.

Ahem.... * Ring Ring..*
Mr Pot.. Will you accept a collect call from Mr Kettle?

Hi, my name is Ron, and I visualize the dive pool.

BTW are you doing tunnel on the 12-13th?

Rem are you doing tunnel in March with Chromy?

BTW talked to some pros that have done this already...They say they zinged it and it was a little under 4 seconds.

This is going to be a S-L-O-W block.

Hi Ron... I would hope that you visualise the whole dive pool... but Rehm and I are only competing in intermediate and so there is a whole level of brain strain just for the sake of curiosity going on for us;)

Yes, I will be there with the Carolina's gang.
Brian is nagging me to get good enough at bootie flying to do a two way with him:D

I wanted to snatch some time at the same camp as Rehm too, but we couldnt get the times to jive well enough[:/]

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

I would hope that you visualise the whole dive pool... but Rehm and I are only competing in intermediate and so there is a whole level of brain strain just for the sake of curiosity going on for us

You are still training. I used to do it at stoplights.

The folks were doing the "Bundy" from an "A" with the front going forward 540. The rear did the old 21 move trying to cut the rotation off by shearing it 90 degrees counter clockwise from start to finish...I didn't ask if anyone or who went vertical....I will next time we chat.

Given discussions that are going on, sounds like the new 12 will have issues similar to 8's. Cog or shear. I had envisioned 12 with the cog. From the A bundy, front goes forward a-la 16. Rear piece backward a-la 19's, possibly holding that cheater grip a-la the 16 backward move. Rear waits just short of 360 for points shoulder coming through
If vertical is desired, rear would take the over on the flat, under on the hill similar to 19's.

I hear Fasttrax is in the tunnel. What are they looking at?

Steve.

That's really sick.

Lol ... look at yourself ;)
Visualizing is ok. What's sick is having two copies of The Best of Airspeed because one of them is practically worn out after a year of every day watching ...
And what’s really sick is remembering the draws they jumped several years ago ... I am not watching it now, but I can tell that the first round at 2001 World meet was 8-19-16. :$

You are all a bunch of wierdos. I've really found a place I understand. sniff

Ok - 12 will be slow and 5 will be fast. It's a good change (since before 12 was slow and 5 was fast - irony).

Ron - We tried to pull Minxxxy and other FF4 types into the March camp, but she won't go. Says she scared of where the coaching lineup is going. But we got her cameraman, so that's something.

I'm the principle organizer for the March Camp that Chromy is organizing - he noted you are up for taking the coaching spot Thomas abandoned (sorry to cut into Shamrock, it was arranged clear back in October to reserve the time).

Ron - We tried to pull Minxxxy and other FF4 types into the March camp, but she won't go. Says she scared of where the coaching lineup is going. But we got her cameraman, so that's something.

:P:P:P

Just you wait Rehm!
....I really did try to make the March gig happen...
I guess we are even for your guys no-showing at Nats last year now though....

This is getting a little Bonfire-ish..>:(;).. Guess we only took 2 days to beat up "block 5 without arrows" and a "new block 12".

In any case, if you just decide to show up without the B-man, we'll find a way to get you in the tunnel with 3 of my guys - on Sunday even, my IC leaves early. Not to tempt you or anything. Now go make some money. Even better, schedules can change and you both make it and put in some time with us.

Minxxy - I can just see Nats 05 - at the rate the two teams are going, about half of both teams make it and it's some weird hybrid - partial Fast FWD partial Fox Fource kind of thing (Fast Foxes or Fox FWD or something requiring a lot of F's) - either that or just compete in 8 way too and win. But our team doesn't have custom thongs I'm afraid (seriously - "I'm afraid" is why we don't have custom thongs.)

Given discussions that are going on, sounds like the new 12 will have issues similar to 8's. Cog or shear. I had envisioned 12 with the cog. From the A bundy, front goes forward. Rear piece backward a-la 19's, possibly holding that cheater grip a-la 16's. Rear waits at 360 for points shoulder coming through
If vertical is desired, rear would take the over on the flat, under on the hill similar to 19's.

I hear Fasttrax is in the tunnel. What are they looking at?

Steve.

Grrrr ... I feel like a little kid who is not allowed to play with big kids[:/] May be I should try again a 'why-don't-we-do-a-whole-pool-and-fight-for-the-last-place-in advanced” discussion with my teammates ;)

Grrrr ... I feel like a little kid who is not allowed to play with big kids[:/] May be I should try again a 'why-don't-we-do-a-whole-pool-and-fight-for-the-last-place-in advanced” discussion with my teammates ;)

I think that's a good thing for your team to do! You don't want to be in intermediate anyway. you want the challange of Advanced. I mean what a meaningless victory to sweep Intermediate when you KNOW you should have been in advanced.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP