dgskydive

Kate and Tony's big ways

Good stuff the last four days!

Weather came in every morning until about 10 or 10:30 or so. Figures we have 6 months of great weather and then 4 days of foggy mornings when we want to get down to business.

Once we got in the air you knew it was gonna be a good event. Bunches of completions, great video and still shots. I am sure Paul Quade will have a link at some time.

The highlight of the weekend for most people I think came when we did a 104 way with two freefliers sitting in the middle of two different big rooms! Thanks to Mike Swanson and Jon DeVore from team Alchemy for "sitting in" on our jump. Really cool visual to see them popping up out of a room and checking out the scenery. I think Jon owes beer! ;)

Thanks to Kate and Tony for putting together such a good group of jumpers and challenging us with some really hard stuff. :)
Dom

Hey Chester!
Hope you had fun. Check your post in Stammtisch!;)
What are your plans for the next couple of months? When do you move to Berlin?
Sorry, back to the topic:
Was the 104 the biggest formation that was build?
blue skies, M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

[:/] No pictures of my exit, and the group ground shot, the PROOF is right over me>:(

I did get some ground shots if anyone wants to see I've posted them Here.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Do they have web sites? (OB and Don, that is)?

How's the forehead? Got any pictures of that?! :P

ltdiver

Mary S. posted one already. Nice scar. Skydiving sure is dangerous!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

OB does. There are links on the perris website and Pauls.

OB's site hasn't been updated since May, and the DZ site gallery is even more out of date!

Someone post a pic of that hybrid!

Gypsy and Sky Van both recently got new paint.

Gypsy, the Van and the Jet now all pretty much match.

Papa Victor and the Shark have retained their looks. I'm pretty sure there are NO plans to change the look of the Shark.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I have a -few- photos, but really OB and Don usually had the best still photo angles.

http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/FutureCam/Skydive/040916

Paul, do you know when the orders will be mailed out? I have 3 pics and the DVD coming - soon, I hope!

I would have thought the Kate and Tony photos and videos would have already been mailed out. It's possible that OB got caught off guard with the closeness of Nationals. I'll ask him about it tomorrow and get back to you. I do know this, he's been working 16 hour days for the last week and just looks absolutely burnt out and dragging tail. You can't walk around on the DZ without somebody at manifest calling his name to do even ore work. I really feel bad for him since I've been doing 4-way and will continue with 8-way and I pretty much haven't so much as lifted a finger other than make some graphics for him.

Anyway, I'm tired and rambling . . . I'll ask him about it the next time I see him.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Paul, the one photo of the completed formation, #040917pq4065, I can't tell if that was the one jump that I missed when I was taking Barb to the hospital. With the word "PROOF" across, I can't tell if my slot is there or not. Can you let me know please?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Paul, the one photo of the completed formation, #040917pq4065, I can't tell if that was the one jump that I missed when I was taking Barb to the hospital. With the word "PROOF" across, I can't tell if my slot is there or not. Can you let me know please?

Mary, did you see I had posted your FB number for you in "Bonfire"?

Mary, did you see I had posted your FB number for you in "Bonfire"?

Send me the link, I missed it:(

I would have thought the Kate and Tony photos and videos would have already been mailed out. It's possible that OB got caught off guard with the closeness of Nationals. I'll ask him about it tomorrow and get back to you. I do know this, he's been working 16 hour days for the last week and just looks absolutely burnt out and dragging tail. You can't walk around on the DZ without somebody at manifest calling his name to do even ore work. I really feel bad for him since I've been doing 4-way and will continue with 8-way and I pretty much haven't so much as lifted a finger other than make some graphics for him.

Anyway, I'm tired and rambling . . . I'll ask him about it the next time I see him.

Paul, can you light a fire under him?

I'm giving a talk on skydiving to the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) in early November, and I'd really like to show some of the video.

Hi all
I spoke with OB today. He's been swamped between Nationals and now the Flyboyz Film Fest (I know, yadda yadda yadda) but I was in his room and he has a PILE of photos, DVD's and combos IN MAILERS getting ready to go out. I haven't seen the DVD yet (yes, I'm waiting too) but I can tell you that the big 16 x 20 of the hybrid dive is SPECTACULAR and I ordered one for myself when I saw the ones he had printed up for you guys!

Patience, grasshoppers....
kate

Hey John? I remailed the 121-way DVD to you a while ago. Did you get it? With Tony's permission I can generate some MPEGS for you.

Lemme know.

That last 121 way jump was astounding.

Yes, thanks, I got it.:)
MPEGS would be nice - just short clips for my talk. You get to choose!