skything

4 way Wow!

That 4 way thing is very cool!

I had my first 4-way jump last weekend and I loved it!! It was with some of the guys of my club, just for fun, but now I know what I realy want to do in the sport.
4-way rules!!
How will it be with more than 4 people? O my...were will this end?:P

That 4 way thing is very cool!

I had my first 4-way jump last weekend and I loved it!! It was with some of the guys of my club, just for fun, but now I know what I realy want to do in the sport.
4-way rules!!
How will it be with more than 4 people? O my...were will this end?:P

Currently it ends at 300.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

4 is a great number. It goes fast but can still be challenging. 8 also.

Bigger than that, I find it's important on how good the others are.

Unless you love the visual - big ways are boring. Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up, wait wait wait wait wait, dock, wait wait wait wait wait, track, dump, dodge, land.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

4 is a great number. It goes fast but can still be challenging. 8 also.

Bigger than that, I find it's important on how good the others are.

Unless you love the visual - big ways are boring. Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up, wait wait wait wait wait, dock, wait wait wait wait wait, track dump, dodge, land.

I thought skydiving was about the visual. I love a long fast dive to a big way, followed by a smooth dock. Don't get much of that in 4-way competition.

Unless you love the visual - big ways are boring. Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up, wait wait wait wait wait, dock, wait wait wait wait wait, track, dump, dodge, land

You're doin' it wrong then! For me big ways are more like exit exit exit, dive (float) dive (float) dive (float), fly fly fly, dock, fly fly fly, track track track, dump, be aware, land.

It's all good. Just so I don't have to do a one way. ;)

Last i checked, every one on a big way is not the last out of the L trail. So if you are the Base or First diver. It Might be like: GO, exit, stop, lurk, geek your clone, pick up grip. Watch the formation build ........ work the ripple ....................watch S****y go low:S....watch S****Y get in B|......... Watch some one dump, wait 3 seconds, track, dump, be real aware, land. Wait an hour for debrief, wait another hour for aircraft.[:/]
Or you could Do 14,15, P Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, ect, grab your clone go head down, track, Open, be aware, swoop. Go right back up.:ph34r:

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

bpl.jpg

I dunno man... being a part of something like the attached, well, for me anyway it was well worth the time spent on the ground. Needed that time to mentally prepare for the next one anyway.

I'd gladly fly base on a big way... there's nothing about big ways that bores me.

_23MagicLight.jpg

That is certainly a cool jump. A day or two of big way, OK. A sunset big way even better. But I need to do 4-way. Luckily i know 4 other people with the same addition. Attached is me breaking off from a sunset big way. Photo by Mike McGowan.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

mmgsunset.jpg

Last i checked, every one on a big way is not the last out of the L trail. So if you are the Base or First diver. It Might be like: GO, exit, stop, lurk, geek your clone, pick up grip. Watch the formation build ........ work the ripple ....................watch S****y go low:S....watch S****Y get in B|......... Watch some one dump, wait 3 seconds, track, dump, be real aware, land. Wait an hour for debrief, wait another hour for aircraft.[:/]
Or you could Do 14,15, P Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, ect, grab your clone go head down, track, Open, be aware, swoop. Go right back up.:ph34r:

Lose some weight and they won't put you in the base.:P Then you get to dive(float) dive(float) dive (float) fly fly fly off a trail plane on every big way.

I just love being a trail plane floater.

Lets not let this get into a "Big way Vs 4way" debate...

Just like Freeflying, big ways and 4ways are fun for different reasons. Both can be hard, both can be fun.

I personally plan on doing more big ways when I get old, and can't move as fast anymore.;)

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Lets not let this get into a "Big way Vs 4way" debate...

Just like Freeflying, big ways and 4ways are fun for different reasons. Both can be hard, both can be fun.

I personally plan on doing more big ways when I get old, and can't move as fast anymore.;)

Ron

My Nationals medal has "Speed" engraved on the backB|
Gravity is 9.81m.s^-2, regardless of age.