rakkers

JVX all sail production

It's ony available to the sponsored pilots, been that way for a while. Comp Velo is a competition specific canopy not best suited to regular freefall jumps (comes with rds and 300lb line as standard and for subterminal deployments) also quite expensive compared the the regular velo.
What's your intended use?

It's ony available to the sponsored pilots, been that way for a while. Comp Velo is a competition specific canopy not best suited to regular freefall jumps (comes with rds and 300lb line as standard and for subterminal deployments) also quite expensive compared the the regular velo.

That's not really true.

Anyone could get a full sail JVX, you dont have to be "sponsored".

Comp Velo is NOT a "competition-only" canopy, even though the name may suggest it. It IS geared towards a competitive pilot, but the truth is - it's a great canopy that you can order with HMA500 and enjoy it on any type of jump with a good line life span.

To OP: you're way ahead of yourself choosing a 75 sq ft canopy@ almost 2.7 wl downsizing from a [email protected] with 650 jumps and you will probably get hurt under it. But that's OK, you are a grown ass man and can certainly make your own decisions. I suggest you contact Icarus NZ directly to see if they can make you what you want. They have been really good with their service.

I tried to order one in feb last year, was told sail versions were not being sold anymore just zp that was based on a sales inquiry to Jim and conversations with Nick. They mentioned a new material being developed, a mylar based material, is this the canopy your talking about or is sail being sold again?
I wouldn't describe the comp velo as "competition only" just competition specific. I don't see the point on spending the extra money on a comp over a regular velo if your just gonna de tune it by putting 500lb lines on it and not using it for the purpose it was designed for, the difference in performance is too subtle for most to notice unless your measuring your speed times and distances, ie competing.

I don't see the point on spending the extra money on a comp over a regular velo if your just gonna de tune it by putting 500lb lines on it and not using it for the purpose it was designed for

I disagree.

$2600 vs $3250 is a good chunk of money, yes, but when you consider that you are getting a $350 RDS slider it becomes $2600 vs $2900. Then a 300 dollar difference (especially considering that you're already spending nearly three grand as is) doesn't seem like a deal breaker. VC does have stronger rears and bottom end, which makes it a "better" canopy compared to VE. Plus it will have a better resale value due to the extra hype :)

That would be true if you could order it without the RDS and get 350 off but you can't so it is 650 more than a standard velo.
And by the time you have lined it with 500s, attached a D bag and pillot chute to the low drag attachment point, refitted a standard slider you have basically detuned it back to pretty much a standard velo and paid 650 bucks to do so. That makes no sense to me.

I inquired last week about an all sail version of the JVX and was told they are no longer selling them. I was told they have a new fabric in the testing stages but not ready for production.

Last week was the first I've heard they are no longer producing all sail. The question is why? Lack of sales? Fabric issues?
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.