swaika

swooping on x-fire109

hi, everybodyB|
i am 19 years old boy from the country of lithuania (located in europe)
i am writing in order to know more about crossfire2 swooping capibilities, i have recently ordered crossfire2 canopy from my local diler. i`ve been piloting spectre150 for some time(300 jumps on this canopy)
so i downsized a bit too much, but its OK:D
so tell me everything what may keep me alive;)
p.s. sorry for my bad english[:/]

how many jumps do i have?:S the answer is very simple: i do not count them;) my previous wingloading was 1.3 and this would be 1.7.
as for me, i think there is nothing to worry about, despite this huge step from spectre to crossfire, because i have a few jumps on x-fire119 loaded at 1.6, and i managed to land it succesfuly under 0 wind conditions:|
i understand that i am too young to die, but once involved in this...and i am not able to stop:D

how many jumps do i have? the answer is very simple: i do not count them my previous wingloading was 1.3 and this would be 1.7.
as for me, i think there is nothing to worry about, despite this huge step from spectre to crossfire, because i have a few jumps on x-fire119 loaded at 1.6, and i managed to land it succesfuly under 0 wind conditions
i understand that i am too young to die, but once involved in this...and i am not able to stop

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

wow is all i can say

Here we have a 19 year old male and a 15 year old male who are both flying canopies way to aggressive for their experience levels. I remember what it was like to be those ages. I also remember how invicible I thought I was. But as we age, we wise up to the errors of our youthful ways. Both you guys have your whole lives ahead of you. Trust me when I say this. I am older than both of you two put together. I know more about life than you do simply because I have been around longer and experienced more. And don't confuse what I am saying right here as "arrogance". If you live to be my age, you will know what I am talking about.

Both of you guys have the potential to become world champion skydivers and you have age on your side. Why are you trying to take short cuts? Wake up and don't be in such a rush. There is no harm in you guys wanting to become swoopers. But there are no short cuts. You'll impress us so much more if you were to show up on the scene several years from now (after taking a responsible canopy progression) and kicking our butts on the competition circuit. But you sure as hell aren't impressing anyone but pushing the limits too fast at such a young age.

Be smart and don't die. A friend of mine recently passed away thanks to a swoop gone wrong. RIP Josh. I'll see you when I get there.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I shouldn't have to explain myself.

Then don't. If you REALLY want to, then use a PM. I'm not interested in hearing why you're different, and tallented, and your 100 hop and pops. If you hook it in and die - I WILL reply to this thread saying "I told you so." This site doesn't forget anything.

This is where he told us how he had it all under control, and how good he was, and how he was different and talented, and this is where he showed us he was dead.

The ground doesn't give a fuck how good you are. Give it the smallest of chances, and it will kill you.

t

Na' Cho' Cheese

I have more canopy time than an average 500 jump jumper.

How many landings do you have? That is where it matters. Everything else is just farting around. Even though it helps, it does NOT substitute for landings. Period.

I don't believe you know the whole situation?

I had that same line of bullshit when I had about 200-400 jumps like yourself. I've since realized how full of shit I was and how little I knew. Nevermind realizing how small my skillset really was, even though I did a shit-ton of clear and pulls from altitude.

Remember these posts for in a few years you're going to think about them and smack your head going "shit, I was full of myself and wrong." This is all the while you're telling people doing the same thing you did going "dude, don't do that, you'll be a MUCH better canopy pilot if you take your progression slower and really learn how to fly really well before moving on."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

These kids now a days... When I was young they only teradactyls as canopies and if you pissed one of them off they would eat ya! You also had to keep the boulder in front of the cave door so the sabre tooth tigers didn't eat you!

Ohhhhh wait a minute... I'm only 29, not 40 something and Canadian like Steve...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D ohhh shit! you know I'm just yanking your chain Steve.;);)B|

You two young guys need to get some canopy coaching in the worst way. It doesn't help that you are away from the canopy mega centers like Perris / Elsinore, Mile Hi, and Deland. If you are serious about this then take a vacation and come over and get some training. It will help you out 1 BILLION times more than this forum. The internet is to nebulous to learn much of anything. Besides this is a practicle sport instead of one of mind power like chess or comic book collecting. The only collecting I'm doing in my advanced age is collecting dust:D. Damn I am the funniest guy I know, and I just crack myself up!

So honestly, wtf would you do if you were me?

I'd BTFU and jump a canopy that I loaded at 1.3-ish:1. If its a 150 or larger. If not, I'd stick to a 150 and put about 600 jumps on it. You could even do something like a XF2 149 or a Katana 150 (assuming that's loaded less then 1.3-ish) or larger to get to 1.3-ish:1.

Then I'd get as much coaching as I could from a goo dnumber of different top end coaches. Start with Scott Miller and work from there. Scott will teach you the basics that you HAVE to have down perfect before you move on.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave is right man... If I knew then 1/4 of what I know now I would be so far ahead of where I am today. Remember the more proper coaching you get now the better off you will be down the road. You guys have it lucky... You can pay for the coaching and get the knowledge that the experts have in a relatively small number of jumps. The experts of today had to go out and learn all this shit through blood sweat booze and tears. Don't buy an RDS get a plane ticket to CA, or FL instead. It will pay off in the long run tenfold. My name is George Zimmerman and I guarrantee it!!!:D