superstu

anybody else notice this addition?

you guys obviously don't know what im talking about... and I dont feel like explaining.

I know what you meant. PD snatches up all the top pilots and they fly Velocitys because they are paid to do so. So Velocitys win all the major swoop comps and people assume it is the best canopy. This makes it harder for smaller companies (ie. Daedelus) to innovate because they have trouble making back the money spent on R&D. Even if they come up with a better performing canopy people end up buying the Velocity due to the flawed logic above.

This is ridiculous! My canopy is better than yours! Neener, neener, neener!:S

So, JC has gone to PD and he flies a Velocity. Anyone who has seen JC pilot his Velo will certainly agree he has not taken a step back. Call him a "sell out" and come up with a million reasons why he did it, does it really matter??

For crying out loud, he chose to jump a different canopy for a different team. Big deal. A man like JC is not going to fly a canopy he thinks is inferior or represent a company he doesn't believe in.

We all make our parachutes go fast so we can skim across the ground, it's really that simple. Some do it because it is fun. Some do it to look cool. Some do it for competition. Some do it for a living. Some do it for all those reasons. But we are not saving the world. We are just skimming across the ground.

But we are not saving the world. We are just skimming across the ground.

The smartest thing anyone has said on these forums :)
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

you guys obviously don't know what im talking about... and I dont feel like explaining.

I know what you meant. PD snatches up all the top pilots and they fly Velocitys because they are paid to do so. So Velocitys win all the major swoop comps and people assume it is the best canopy. This makes it harder for smaller companies (ie. Daedelus) to innovate because they have trouble making back the money spent on R&D. Even if they come up with a better performing canopy people end up buying the Velocity due to the flawed logic above.

:o
you said it, not me.

But we are not saving the world. We are just skimming across the ground.

The smartest thing anyone has said on these forums :)

Says you. I think those comments show a poor understanding of the fact that this is the Swooping and Canopy Control forum. If you are not passionate about swooping you should probably be reading the Bonfire forum.

Obviously I simplified swooping to make a point. Being passionate about swooping doesn't mean you have to cut people down and say your canopy is better than theirs or question one's reasons for why they choose what they did, or for that matter, question one's passion about it.

I think everyone, including myself, would benefit from remembering that swooping can be fun, and it does not have to be about who's better than who, or what canopy is better.

But you are right, this is the Swooping forum, so it HAS to be serious and God forbid I dare tread on these sacred threads with my lack of passion for swooping.