superstu

What WLing did you start swooping at?

1.8 on a 119 crossfire2

so, ive got family in the uk, plus some skymiles from delta to spend..... will you pick me up at the airport and show me around the local uk dz's... i would like to know you before your in the incident forum..... just so i can make sure the TRUTH! is told..:|

and no.... dude, i'm serious!

so, ive got family in the uk, plus some skymiles from delta to spend..... will you pick me up at the airport and show me around the local uk dz's... i would like to know you before your in the incident forum..... just so i can make sure the TRUTH! is told..

and no.... dude, i'm serious!

Im sure you are. The answer is no.

well why dont you come out here to the U.S.

we could hit up big sky and drop in off some cliffs.

after snowboarding, we can evaluate your canopy skills. dude, i just dont want you to get hurt because your ego got in the way.

and yes we ALL have ego's, just need to learn how to check it....:|

not having a go at you.

just understand that there is alot of peeps out there that start talkin like they know what is going on, and get ahead of themself and get SEVERLY hurt.

take your time with alot of this stuff, and be carefull what kind of advice you give out."pot meet kettle"... we are all still learning here, but with your expeiance level, you have ALOT to learn....

just be carefull,

and im not saying you have a big ego, you really havent acted like you do, so please forgive me for that.

everyone has one though, so just relize what you DONT know instead of focusing on what you do.

Dude it's your listed jump numbers and your wing loading.

you mean i listed a rant, rave or ego in there? How come i cant find it?

Its encoded in the jumps to wing loading ratio.

From your register date it shows you haven't been around the site long. Let me just warn you, Low jump numbers + High Wing loading is pretty frowned on around here. I would guess that has a lot to do with this forum where people have to come on here and report that Jumper XYZ just brokekilled himself doing a 270 @ 300 jumps on a velocity 90 (Ok, thats an exageration but not really that far from the truth with some people around here)

It comes down to people thinking they know what's up when really they have so little knowledge they can't possibly be accurately measuring their own performance. Now, I am not saying that is you... but that is what comes to mind when someone says 1.8 @ 2xx jumps. People around here read way more into what you say than the words on the surface.

For what it's worth, even I think 1.8 @ 250 jumps is a lot and honestly I won't try and say I have been conservative in my canopy flying.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

hey

you said it. I just axed why.

if you have something to say..say it. If not then dont. Most people on this forum are adults.

Marks has already told me what he feels about the whole thing...and i said point taken. Your comment was tired..and served no purpose to anyone..including yourself. You might get a message across to an audience better if you learn to channel your thoughts to represent a sound thinking process and subsequently communicate appropriately.

now back to topic.

1.8 wing loading at 200 jumps is high yes. No denying it nor saying that im God's gift to anything.

Fair enough. But putting your nickname as SwoopMeister makes it seem as if you do think you're tastier than Marmite.

For the record, I've never seen you fly, and I've no idea of your ability, but loading a canopy at 2.45:1 with under 250 jumps would mean that you'd have serious difficulty persuading any dropzone in Australia to let you jump there.

Well, it seems you understand the risks with a WL of 2.0+, and I have to say I respect that. I myself am going to be under a Sabre 2 135 with 120 skydives with a WL of about 1.4. I dont swoop, so I cant say anything about that topic, but I have already had too may people tell me I'm all F@ucked in the head for such an "irrratioanl decision". I wish I could post videos of my landings on this site. Is that what they want to see?

Up High!!

. I myself am going to be under a Sabre 2 135 with 120 skydives with a WL of about 1.4.

Why?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Fair enough. But putting your nickname as SwoopMeister makes it seem as if you do think you're tastier than Marmite.

Some people get vexed over canopy types listed
Some people get vexed over jump numbers listed
I have never heard of someone being taken to task over the nick-name on their profiles.

Just to make you happy..i have changed it from Swoopmeister to Mary Poppins..now dont go around saying that it implies i think im now a sexy swooper.

:P

Humility is always a good thing B|.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins got more distance under her 30sqft roundie than Tagle gets under his Velo :P.

Edit: Sorry if this came across as overly bitchy. I have a bit of sarcastic tongue in my head :$.

:P

Humility is always a good thing B|.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins got more distance under her 30sqft roundie than Tagle gets under his Velo :P.

that was the biggest dig I have seen since I ankled in under a 1.33 loaded semi elliptical with 200 jumps ;)

after the fact I realized that yes they were right and upsized for another 200 jumps...

sometimes humility comes with pain man, and no one seems to want to listen to our experiences whether personal or from seeing it on others, mostly because they are "different", and they are special, and the rules of physics dont apply to them.

oh well

Skyjunky Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.