Kolla

PD Factory team - new distance record!!

Jonathan Tagle of the PD Factory team just broke the current distance record, right on Shannon's heals. B|

I don't have the offical number yet but will post that here as soon as I hear back from my boss Kevin Schafer (who is at the World Cup in Lk Wales right now).

Go PD Boys - you rock!!

Kolla Kolbeinsdottir
Performance Designs, Inc
Blue Skies Magazine

Kolla...how about some video with those numbers you're going to post?;)

That's badass! Was this on one of the factory team velocity canopies or on some other black magic prototype?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

5 ft gates. No idea on wind conditions, but I believe it can't be in more than a 5 mph downwind (or something like that) to count.

Well done JT. That is one long ass swoop.

Anyone know the canopy size, I'm assuming 103(but he's a smaller guy so who knows)?

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

5 ft gates. No idea on wind conditions, but I believe it can't be in more than a 5 mph downwind (or something like that) to count.

ok, i wasn't sure on weather it was 5 ft gates or not, but i think your right on if it's more than 5 mph they it won't count.

Anyone know the canopy size, I'm assuming 103(but he's a smaller guy so who knows)?

canopy size, and wing loading for that matter.

later

Hey Ian! Gafney got the numbers right - 479.66 ft (146.2 m) B|

Jonathan was jumping a standard Velocity 90, wingloading at 2.5, with HMA lines.

Due to a "wardrobe malfunction" he wasn't able to remove his bag & pilot chute (only the slider) - makes the record all the more impressive!

Blue ones,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

Jonathan was jumping a standard Velocity 90, wingloading at 2.5, with HMA lines.

2.5, wow, that seams kind of high for what everyone else is jumping.

Due to a "wardrobe malfunction" he wasn't able to remove his bag & pilot chute (only the slider) - makes the record all the more impressive!

that is impressive.

later

Hey Ian! Gafney got the numbers right - 479.66 ft (146.2 m) B|

Blue ones,
Kolla

I didn't know that velo's came with HMA now. Are they non-cascade lines? Is this only for the factory team, sponsors and test jumpers? Have they found that HMA helps with longer swoops (ie less drag?)

Congrats to JT - nice way to remove the 'new guy' tag from your standing on the team.