ParaShoot

JC sets new swoop world record

You know......you're annoying.

Thanks for proving my point that you can't fire back because you see you're wrong.
As I always say, there is nothing wrong with making a mistake. Its when you insist that your really correct and don't learn from it, that you have a problem.
cheers
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Anybody who can fly & land at over a 4.0 wingloading can easily accomplish this task. I for one have flown and landed fast enough to do this hundreds of times and had been doing it for more than a year before the 39 made its debut.

Well hmm, i'm tryin to be a smartass, but wingloading 4.0 on 39 or 4.0 on 85 for example is definitely not the same.
The body (pilot) on 39 produces so much more drag comparing to the lift than on the 85 that's it's way harder to land (i'd assume). not to mention the lenght of the lines.....
"George just lucky i guess!"

Anybody who can fly & land at over a 4.0 wingloading can easily accomplish this task. I for one have flown and landed fast enough to do this hundreds of times and had been doing it for more than a year before the 39 made its debut.

Well hmm, i'm tryin to be a smartass, but wingloading 4.0 on 39 or 4.0 on 85 for example is definitely not the same.
The body (pilot) on 39 produces so much more drag comparing to the lift than on the 85 that's it's way harder to land (i'd assume). not to mention the lenght of the lines.....

This is absolutely true and I don't in anyway deny it, although for accuracy we can say that I am on a 55 not an 85. But never the less the same holds true. When you weigh between 200 and 220 (depending on wether your bulking or cutting @ the time) you really don't have a choice. If I jumped the 39 with *no* weights I would be near 6 to 1. I don't even know if its possible to land @ 6 to 1. However I do know, I don't feel compelled to try that at this point.
But I am not complaining, if and when I buy a canopy ideal for distance and have my try at that, I won't have to be strapping 50 pounds to myself like Cani does.

maybe...

working on it.......

just maybe......

got a pic of the swooop tho!

pic by Matthijs Hardeman.

He is not using the RDS. I thought everybody was using it already. Whats up with that?

Good observation. I too am suprised that he is not using the RDS.

Also, take note of the direction the windblade and the yellow flag are pointing - deffinately more crosswind than downwind. Kick-ass swoop.

Canuck

actually that would probably suggest that he could have swooped even further if he was using an RDS system.

Good observation.

It was already mentioned in my message.

Also, take note of the direction the windblade and the yellow flag are pointing - deffinately more crosswind than downwind. Kick-ass swoop.

About 50 ft after the entry gates we got behind the trees so hardly any downwind effect.

Any landing that fare is just a hell of a thing. I wish I could have seen it - That JC did it does not surprise me.

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

Im happy JC set a new record, good for him! But maybe we could start measuring other parts of the swoop.

I saw this one guy come to my dz this year, he was jumping this super small canopy, but his tumbling cartwheel was sooo much longer than his swoop! He then got spoken too by some of the better swoopers on the dz, claimed they didnt know what they were talking about, then got in his car and never came back.

Im just saying maybe it does take skill to blast yourself halfway across the dz.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Im kinda late here, Ive been to busy. One of my friends call me today and told me to check out this thread.

WHY?

Because tham man was in tha house! STEEL.

Canuck, you dont know what you are talking about. Steel is number one in one thing.

Bull$#¡ting
He talks so much BULL$#¡T that no one can beat him there.

Aint that true
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
It's the size of the fight in the dog!"

Im happy JC set a new record, good for him! But maybe we could start measuring other parts of the swoop.

I saw this one guy come to my dz this year, he was jumping this super small canopy, but his tumbling cartwheel was sooo much longer than his swoop! He then got spoken too by some of the better swoopers on the dz, claimed they didnt know what they were talking about, then got in his car and never came back.

Im just saying maybe it does take skill to blast yourself halfway across the dz.

oh yeah, i remember him.. wasn't he jumping a 55? some of the worst canopy piloting i've seen someone walk away from... lucky SOB

anyone know who that was??

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Got in his car and never came back? He was on a one-week trip to New York, he lives in Dallas. He learned to jump at the Ranch, so he has no problem with it, except that it's a mighty long drive from Dallas every weekend to jump there. Besides, I was there, and that was the second jump he made there; his first was beautiful. On the second jump, the wind socks were in conflict, and the direction he chose to land had an upslope; the 55 doesn't have the lift to pull up out of that, so of course it made for a bit of a bad landing. You might have a problem, too, if it wasn't your regular drop zone and your canopy didn't have the lift it needed to pull out of a bad situation.

Blondes do have more fun!

You might have a problem, too, if it wasn't your regular drop zone and your canopy didn't have the lift it needed to pull out of a bad situation.

Bad example.
1) If you have to be at your home dropzone to be in a comfort zone you're in over your head, period.
2) If you're incapable of landing your canopy safely when things don't always go 100% as expected you're in over your head, period.

The above applies to anyone, on any canopy.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

***he chose to land had an upslope; the 55 doesn't have the lift to pull up out of that,

He learned to jump at the Ranch
====================================

Why choose to land on the upslope then? He learned there, he knows the landing area, and he flew himself into an upslope. Good thinking.

Gald his canopy choice gives him some room for error. More good thinking.

I wonder if that Brazilian guy jumps his 39 on every jump, or if he realizes the limitations of that high of a W/L and only jumps it under controlled conditions (and on flat landing areas). That would be some actual good thinking.

***he chose to land had an upslope; the 55 doesn't have the lift to pull up out of that,

He learned to jump at the Ranch
====================================

Why choose to land on the upslope then? He learned there, he knows the landing area, and he flew himself into an upslope. Good thinking.

Well, before you decide to criticize (based on one jump), it's been years since he jumped there, AND the first thing he said to me when he came back in was that he'd made the wrong decision. Everyone makes a wrong decision sometimes, and not everyone gets beat up for it on a public forum. Big deal. One bad landing, and not even a scrape to show for it. Hasn't everyone had a bad landing at some point?

Blondes do have more fun!