kj126

Who owns Icarus

What kind of business places there ads out there wanting you to order one of there products and will not answer the damn phone when you trying to call them, I've been trying to reach Icarus for a week now with no returned phone call or E-mail. Someone please tell me how to actually get in touch with one of these people. This is worse than calling the IRS and trying to get a person instead of a machine.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

This has been discussed before [ url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1145732;search_string=what%27s%20up%20with%20Icarus;#1145732" ] What's Up with Icarus [/url]

I also had a problem getting in touch with them. Call Skydive San Diego, and try to get in touch with Wyatt. Or e-mail him at the Icarus Evolution.

It's not Icarus Europe or NZ, it's somewhat limited to Icarus Canopies US.

Or you could just buy another brand...:P

Dude, Wyatt flat out hooked me up when I was having problems with Icarus. He got me a demo FAST so I'd have it for the weekend, called to make sure I got it, even tossed in a couple t-shirts for good measure. Basically I probably wouldn't have bought a XF2 after my initial experience, except for what Wyatt did to make sure I was happy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Let's just say that my experience in dealing with Wyat stands in stark contrast with yours.

So does mine. I ended up demo'ing our pilots crossfire cause i never could get one from them.:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Why do you guys still buy their products then? There are other good manufacturers out there. I'm confused why you'd all put up with this crap. I'm sure if the owners of Icarus started losing business they'd step up to the plate.

What you gonna do when you need new lines? Wait another 3 months?

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Why do you guys still buy their products then?

I got my XF2 because it was the best canopy I had flown in its class and size. Also, my experience with Icarus, although it started a little rough, came out very well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

but ask for Simon Powell. He's an Icarus dealer and he'll help you out.

I'm also an Icarus Dealer, but if the company isn't delivering canopies (or takes a REALLY long time), what's the point of contacting a dealer. Yes I know that Simon has a vested interest in Icarus, but as far as I know he's not working for Icarus US. I have always heard good things about him, and had good dealings with him as well. The question is who owns Icarus, and who at the company should he get in touch with.

D

Well all I hear Is Wyatt,Wyatt,Wyatt, doesn't anyone else represent Icarus, or is this the only US Rep they have.I really don't care who it is I just want to speak with someone!
Through my own business word of mouth has been the best advertising that you could ever have,someone needs to step up and create a little better PR.
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

So my signing up on their website to demo a XF2 with the promise that they could charge my card $65 for the experience is pretty much an exercise in futility? Oh well, I guess exercise is good for you.

Nothing to do but move on to try something else, then.

Anyone know any company that might want to rent me a canopy on the chance that I will like it enough to buy it? I believe that's how capitalism works, isn't it?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

There is no 1 single person that owns Icarus but several, 3 if I remember correctly and each holds a different share in the company. But that is neither here nor there in helping you contact them.

Hector Alonso is the COO and can be reached at [email protected]

in the USA you can try : 619-934-8408

In Europe try: +34 938 496 432

Hope that helps you out.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Why do you guys still buy their products then?

I bought a used XF2-109 from Square1.;) If i was looking for a new canopy right this moment, Icarus would not even be in the running. Trying to get a demo canopy left such a bad taste in my mouth, that it will be a LONG time before i am ready to try and deal with them again. For now, i love my canopy. New lines, well, i'll cross that bridge when i get there.:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Call Skydive San Diego...

Ask them how to get in contact with Simon Powell...

I am sure he will be glad to help you as well, but since someone gave you Hectors number you should try that too...

Have you thought about calling the service reps?

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I'm sure for every good dealing, there is a bad one. For myself, I would rather stick my pecker in a woodchipper than deal with Simon ever again. All he will do is lie to you to get your business. And thats when you can get ahold of him.

True, but they'll tell you which dealer and give you info on various canopies. Plus they'll give you a foot massage and mail cat crap to your worst enemy. OK, I lied about that last part, but their customer relations are top notch for ANY industry.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I'm sure for every good dealing, there is a bad one. For myself, I would rather stick my pecker in a woodchipper than deal with Simon ever again. All he will do is lie to you to get your business. And thats when you can get ahold of him.

I called icarus a while ago, talked to simon. Found him to be a straight shooter. He didn't pressure me at all.

edit: to let you know that my quote @ the bottom doesn't refer to anything in this post.

I have always had a good relationship with icarus and never a really hard time getting ahold of anyone. like previously said, everyone will have different experiences. I am sure with any company out there people have had bad experiences with them and others have had great experiences.

I am definately an icarus person, but if there is a great deal on something else Ill take a look at it. the only suggestions I would have are the same that have already been put out there.

-yoshi