AggieDave

Ever have one of those swoops?

One of those swoops that makes you remember *why* swooping feels so good?

Sunset load hop and pop today, had a *perfect* 270, planed out just right (although sadly I have to say I missed the first gates, got the second, though), carved around Turtlespeed shooting video from the middle of the swoop lane, on the rears the entire way, smooth transition for the shut down and slide on my feet to a stop. All in all a bit over 300ft worth of swoop.

I was literally jumping up and down at after that.

Now, if I could do that *every* time...that would be nice.:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

but you missed the gates, so that's a vertical extention, so that's a 0 ft swoop

Yup. And that's another item on the LONG list of reasons why I'm not a PST swooper.:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

To me just plaining out right after a 270 is enough to make me ##### ## #####. I think 250 feet is my current limit with my Crossfire2 and I have work to do with my 270s accuracy in the gates before I work on my rears. But I'm happy with my accuracy in hitting the gates on my 180s.

But having the canopy plain out with no toggle input is nice and in that respect I know what you're talking about. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just returned from Skydive Oregon and had a blast. There was an impromptu swoop comp put on by Andy Farrington from Kapowsin. I had never done a comp, so I figured, what the hell. I really didnt have any expectations at all, and good thinking as I didn't score a single point and got soaked once.......ran out of bottom end. :$

So the next day, I dedicated every landing to that damn 230 foot pond and the winds were a perfect downwind speed, in contrast to the day before, which were swoop busting headwinds. I started setting up to the last 1/3 of the pond and worked myself further and further back towards the gates. By the end of the day, with the winds the way they were, we were setting up over the trailers and planing out right at the gates with mind bending downwind speed that finally got me my first , pre-second edge to edge toe draggin pond swoop. What and awesome feeling.

Thanks to all the cool ass folks at SDO and the Kapow crew for some killer H/D Bigways.

I didn't score a single point and got soaked once.......ran out of bottom end. :$

You and me both. I got myself and my wingsuit wet for the pre-second time (competed in my wingsuit for shits and giggles).

Round one - 40pts in kick targets, but no water = 0
Round two - 15pts in kick targets and water, but came up four feet short (and got wet) = 0
Round three - Verticalled, probably because I wasn't wearing my wingsuit ;), and I did a major no-no: changed my approach = 0

I had a lot of fun, though. Competitions and swoop courses like those are just plain fun, and present a very fun and challenging environment you don't get everyday.

I have had the occassional killer shred on my Sabre2 107. After the comp, I started the demoing the Katana, and instantly began getting these shreds of which you speak. Dive, dive, dive, rears for forever, toggles for a bit, and then little to no slide (into the wind).
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I do think I know what you mean.. Even if you dont succeed 100% in FF, a perfect hook just makes your day, doesnt it ?

But I must admit it goes the other way also. If you end up a little high / low etc. It just sucks ass... A little bit too much sometimes.

just like that loser Jose ;) I also had my first pond swooping this weekend at SDO. we started the comp with no expectations but it turned out to be so fun. after the comp, (wet twice after making the gates and coming up 35 ft short and and an over fly) the rest of the day was all about making it. I set up perfectly, had a long 180 carve, tons of speed, and tapped the rears and made the gates 60 ft back, the 200+ ft pond, and then popped ever so slightly over the lip to land 20ft past. WOW, what a feeling. Thanks to the SDO crew, and the KPOW crew for having a great event this weekend.

~chachi

what the hell I'll throw mine in too...

I was moving so I had to skip the comp>:(

Saturday at about 3pm, high pull with all of the creswell cross-braced folks representing at SDO, hooked it high and steep, made the gates- single toe entry way back to a 150 feet of touble toe drag, to a run-out that blew up my aqua sox I like to use for swooping, totally cool. I like walking around with wet feet.

Next step, wet feet and a wet chest strap/ everything else dry.