TroyK

PST Freestyle Open Pics: Link to gallery

Thanks, everyone! I'm really enjoying using the new lens. Now to get my hands on a 1d Mk II :)

And Eric... don't you know that you should always check your landing area for obstacles, including copyright notices? :P
TroyK

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow" - George Clinton

Thanks for the props, everyone.

Courteney;

I was using the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS zoom on a D-30 body (sometimes with the 1.4x extender). Also, sometimes I had a 2-stop ND filter and a polarizer on the lens to cut down on water glare. I shot most everything wide open on the lens (2.8 or 4.0 aperature, depending on whether or not extender was in use).

The camera settings were for large/fine .jpg which allows for more shots in burst mode before the camera's buffer fills.

The 70-200mm IS is a rather expensive lens, and I love shooting it. However, I've had pictures published (PST Oregon in July '03) that I shot through a borrowed 75-300 (which is a LOT less $$). In fact, the top right photo of JC on the PST 2003 swoop video is from that batch.

My only complaint with my current setup is that the D-30 servo focus can't quite keep up with the action. I lost quite a few shots to focus issues that weekend. It will all be better when I get ahold of the 1D Mark II though ;)
TroyK

I put up some more pics (requests) in another gallery:
http://swoop.skydiveworld.com/pstfreestyle2/ (note the "2" on the end).

I have an "art" picture of Leif (motion blur) in this gallery, and would be interested in feedback on it.
Nice effect or not?
TroyK