Steel

kodak moments

My god people!!!

When people try to beat land records across the flatlands, and attach jets to their cars, are Indi drivers getting in their faces? Telling them "Why are you being so dangerous? You should get some indy car coaching? You'll never be able to corner the Indy track with that enormous jet on the back of your car?"

That's what's happening here. Steel choses to fly at a wing loading of 4. Everybody interested in this thread, and critisising his "Swooping abilities" Should following me along in this little excercise.

Click 'Edit', drag to 'Find (on this page)'.... goooood, you're all doing good.
Now in the 'Find what:' box, type "Swoop" or "Swooping"
Click "Find Next".... Now carefully note where these words appear and answer this question:

"Did Bruno mention a damn thing about his 'swooping abilities'?... or did he tell you all to shut up because he's didn't?

Thank you all for participating.

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Hey Nick,

IF you are talking about landing cross braced canopies at high speed with style and grace...is this not talking about swooping?

Maybe you are on to something here. We are not talking about the same thing. One is swooping and the other is....... ??????? I'll let the participants who ....... ??????? describe what it is they are actually doing. But this is the swooping and canopy control forum for now. :P

OK, listen up. I'm gonna say it nice ONCE

Cease and desist with this, it has gotten out of hand. Several times the rules have been fractured, I'm not pointing fingers or laying blame, you know who you are. Regardless of your stance on this matter, it has gone past being helpful advice and become a tit for tat.

My suggestion to everyone is to let this one die or face the wrath of sky:ph34r:one. Don't say you wern't warned.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

>I'll be short: Compete, or shut up and go away.

Uh, not everyone who wants to jump a small canopy has to compete to be competent at it. He has every right to post stuff about his landing an ultra high wingloading here; part of what this forum's about. You have every right to give him your opinion on his landings as well, but "shut up and go away" isn't that useful a thing to say, and will eventually get the thread locked.

Maybe you are on to something here. We are not talking about the same thing. One is swooping and the other is....... ??????? I'll let the participants who ....... ??????? describe what it is they are actually doing. But this is the swooping and canopy control forum for now. :P

This would fall under the "canopy control" part of the "Swooping and canopy control" forum. To each their own (SO LONG AS THEY ARE SAFE!)

We all know that "mind your own business" is not an acceptable answer to a valid safety concern brought up.

"I'm so confused. Maybe it's just semantics but you aren't shutting anything down - you're sinking a tiny canopy in. From what I can tell you have little to no forward motion on your landing, you're practically coming straight down. How could you even run it out - there's nothing to run!"

I have watched Steels landings under both the 62sft and 55sqft canopies. While the swoop distance under the 55sqft are definitely shorter then under the 62sqft there is a certain amount of swoop there. I may not know much about swooping, but I do know what I see. I also know that for there to be no forward movement relative to a point on earth he would have to be facing the wind and the wind speed would have to equal the forward speed of his canopy or the canopy would be diving strait down. In order to land a ram air parachute properly you need to have some forward speed.

You can't find extra video on a big ass DZ (correct me if I am wrong but isn't Skydive Dallas large and in charge)???

Okay, let's drop it. If you actually bothered to read above, I said I'd get a copy of what video there is. Let it go.

Blondes do have more fun!