alexey

Cobalt Competition VS Crossfire2, wingload 2.0

Your looking at canopies that seem to be targeted towards different markets. A better comparison would probally be a FX vs. a Comp Cobalt. Neither of these canopies are designed to turn in like 50 vertical feet like what I've heard the Crossfire2 does.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Neither of these canopies are designed to turn in like 50 vertical feet like what I've heard the Crossfire2 does.

Huh???? IT turns fast but not that fast. The Crossfire2 is a VERY high performance canopy. Not only does it dive long but it turns very fast. It has enough of a range that you can dive long or dive short either way the response is immediate.

What class would you put the Xf2 in Phree?

Rhino

>What class would you put the Xf2 in Phree?

Honestly, something above a Cobalt/Stiletto, but different from X-braced class from all the reviews of it.

Proformance is gauged different ways by different people. A HP canopy for me does not have to turn fast, but it has to be easy to maintain in the surf. There is a reason I don't fly certian canopies, I don't like how twitctchy they are, or they turn too fast for my likes or dozens of different reasons. Other people are looking for the super high g-force turns and are willing to give up something else in a canopies design to get it. You don't read about FX's having a super fast turn rate, but they are super easy to swoop long due to their design. Proformance is in the eye of the jumper...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I jumped the Crossfire yesterday, and found the performance very similar to my Stileto, only the riser preasure was surprisingly higher. I found it even more sensitive to body position during opening then my Stileto, but had a much more powerful flare in slow flight.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

well, i have jumped the fx, crossfire 2, and comp cobalt, at wing loadings from 2.0 and up(all of them)

i would say the crossfire 2 is up close to the fx in performance. the swoop is a little shorter, but it has better openings and lighter front riser pressure. the crossfire 2 turns quickly, and so does the comp coblalt. the main difference is the recovery arc. the crossfire 2 have a much larger recovery arc than the comp coblat. and i don't think the comp coblalt isn't close to the performace of the crossfire 2 of fx. the openings were ok, but not that great. the riser pressure is very light, a plus if you like really light riser presser, i prefere a little more. so in my opinion, i would get the crossfire 2, it's a much better canopy.

later

blue sky's and long swoops
kelly

"hook low, flare late.......dirt, tumble, dirt.........ouch"

I jumped the Crossfire yesterday, and found the performance very similar to my Stileto, only the riser preasure was surprisingly higher. I found it even more sensitive to body position during opening then my Stileto, but had a much more powerful flare in slow flight.

_Am

I jump a XF1 loaded 1.87/1. The riser pressure on mine is heavy compared to Stileto, but has a much longer recovery arc. The XF2 I demo'd (@2.0/1) had less than 1/3 the riser pressure and a very long recovery arc and deeper flare. I also find the Stileto much more harness happy. I have had some hairy openings on both the Cobalt and the H-mod but have not jumped the the full Comp.