Austin

Wings Customer Service

I just recently (last week) sent my rig into Sunrise Rigging to have my reserve flap modified to a larger size so that it would not come out while freeflying. I have to say that the people at Sunrise have really great service and they really took care of me. I'd recommend a Wings container (and have) to anyone looking for a new container. Just thought I should let everyone know what you're missing if you aren't jumping one. :P

Austin

Right on! I just recieved my Wings container (today, actually) and at this point I can only say really great things about the Sunrise Rigging crew, Heather specifically. They're the best!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why not just buy a container that doesn't have to be sent back for a modification to do what it is supposed to do in the first place? Thanks, but I'll stay with a manufacturer that sends it out right the first time and still has great customer service, that way I won't be missing out on the use of my new rig while it is back being modified. That is what I am missing by not jumping one, isn't it?
alan

Why not just buy a container that doesn't have to be sent back for a modification to do what it is supposed to do in the first place?

Ummm...the one I recieved has no problems with it. Well, one, it's really damn sexy, but beyond that, the container came well made and to specifications.

You want to talk about stuff like that, what about the first Oddessies that came from Javelin? Some were so mis-cut that the risers were exposed from the back of the riser covers down the length of the rig to the main packing tray. The material that was supposed to cover them bowed out away from the rig, exposing some important stuff. I saw 4 seperate Javelines that had that problem.

The point of this is, both are good containers, sometimes things don't come out quite right, even though both companies have good quality control, sometimes stuff slips by, etc.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Every major rig maker has had to have there stuff sent back in for mod's...that the manufacturer messed up.....difference is the Javelin I owned Sun Path SUCKED as far as customer service....friends with Mirages had very very bad customer service happen with them...Wings has been everything I could ever ask for in a container manufacturer....customer service and the rig it self has been exceptional and then some....my NEXT rig will be a wings also....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Exactly. If anyone knows of a rig or canopy manufacturer who is immune to making mistakes I would love to hear about it! :)
The number of mistakes and the severity of the mistakes is important. Also, how the company handles any problems.

No company is perfect.

Thanks for all the Wings feedback guys!

blue skies,
Heather

I see Aggie Dave beat me to replying to that..... I don't know of many products that are "perfect" upon release and need NO modifications down the line. I'm extremely please with the way that Heather and the others at Sunrise took care of me.B|

Austin

The point of this is, both are good containers, sometimes things don't come out quite right, even though both companies have good quality control, sometimes stuff slips by, etc.

No, the point is that if every newby that buys a new rig with a problem, sends it back, likes the customer service, thens decides to tell the world he has a new rig and loves it and everyone should get one because it is the greatest, then we could all spend our days reading the same dribble about Javelins, Mirages, Talons, Voodoos, Infinities, Teardrops, Reflexes, Vectors, Racers, etc., etc., etc., and then next week/month we can all read it all over again. I got a: pick one (Javelin, Mirage, Talon, Voodoo, Infinity, Teardrop, Reflex, Vector, Racer, etc., etc., etc.) and I really love it and recommend it to everyone and anyone, especially since it wasn't quite right, but they fixed it really good and were so very nice about it. There is a gear review page for everyone who has a new rig, canopy, jumpsuit, whatever. Use it.
alan

There is a gear review page for everyone who has a new rig, canopy, jumpsuit, whatever. Use it.

Personally I like seeing threads like this. This is a discussion forum. The quality of gear manufacturers (and dealers too for that matter) customer service is a worthy thing to discuss, imho.

Personally I like seeing threads like this. This is a discussion forum. The quality of gear manufacturers (and dealers too for that matter) customer service is a worthy thing to discuss, imho.

The Dropzone Gear and Rigging forum is where you can discuss any gear related questions and issues.

Yes, but the reviews page would be more appropriate. I can't see the question or issue here.
Post: I bought a new Sabre. I love it and love the service from PD.
Post: I bought a new Talon and love it. I think RI has the greatest service and reommend it to everyone.
Post: I bought a new Vector III and love it. The tuck tabs on the riser covers wouldn't stay closed, but I sent it back and the service was great. Everyone should get a Vector.
Post: I just got my new Spectre(Cobalt, Stiletto, Triathlon, Diablo, Crossfire II, Xaos.........) and have never had better landings or openings. I recommend it to anyone.

So, we all just take turns telling everyone how happy we are with our most recent gear purchase.
alan

Every major rig maker has had to have there stuff sent back in for mod's...that the manufacturer messed up.....

Exactly.

difference is the Javelin I owned Sun Path SUCKED as far as customer service....friends with Mirages had very very bad customer service happen with them...

And for everone that says Sunpath, Mirage, etc. sucked, there is someone else that can come here and say they were great. You missed your own point. Every major manufacturer has messed up....and maybe did you ever consider that that could extend to customer service. Hey, lets just turn this forum into an opinion poll.
alan

Yes, but the reviews page would be more appropriate. I can't see the question or issue here

Customer service provided by gear manufacturers is a gear related issue. Gear related issues are what we discuss here. If people want to discuss the service, good or bad, provided by a gear manufacturer, seems to me this would be the logical place to do it.

So, we all just take turns telling everyone how happy we are with our most recent gear purchase.

If these kind of threads bug you that much, there's a simple solution. Don't read 'em.

Customer service provided by gear manufacturers is a gear related issue. Gear related issues are what we discuss here. If people want to discuss the service, good or bad, provided by a gear manufacturer, seems to me this would be the logical place to do it.

Sure, if the is something noteworthy to discuss. This turns into little more than an opinion poll. XYZ has great service. XYZ doesn't. And on and on and on. Customer service would seem to me to be an important and relevant part of a good gear review.

If these kind of threads bug you that much, there's a simple solution. Don't read 'em

If my opinions on these kinds of threads bug you that much, there's a simple solution...............
alan

Sure, if the is something noteworthy to discuss.

And who makes that distinction? Opinion poll or not, judging by the number of threads giving props to various companies many people in this community seem to like them. As long as HH doesn't mind the space on his server being used this way, I don't see the problem.

If my opinions on these kinds of threads bug you that much, there's a simple solution...............

Delete 'em? ;)

And who makes that distinction?

The question is not who makes that distinction, but what makes that distinction. Common sense should.

Opinion poll or not, judging by the number of threads giving props to various companies many people in this community seem to like them.

Yes, this forum is getting right up there with Talk Back. We used to get opinions and advice from a variety of people with the skill, experience, and knowledge to make it valuable. I've noticed many of them appear here less frequently. I can only wonder if it might have anything to do with all of the clutter that seems to be so popular.

Delete 'em? ;)

And that now makes your original comment less rude and intolerant? :)
alan

Yes, this forum is getting right up there with Talk Back.

No it's not. Personally I'd love for people to add their comments to the Gear Reviews. They are also welcome to post here of course. You are both "right"....

I can only wonder if it might have anything to do with all of the clutter that seems to be so popular.

You're right, you can only wonder. Then only clutter I saw yesterday was the two of you going on about what belongs where on the site. Can we get back to discussing Wings Customer Service?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I don't think it is about being "right". I think it is about what pages on this site will allows us to find the information we need. For example, in the Gear and Rigging Forum:
Post: I recently sent my new XYZ container in for a repair/modification to the reserve tuck tab. Can anyone with experience with their customer service give me some feedback on how long I might expect to be without my rig?

or

Post: I sent ny new rig XYZ into the mfgr for what I was told would be a a minor repair. I was told to expect it back in about 2 or 3 weeks. It has now been 5 weeks, can anyone else who has run into this problem with them give me some advice on how to get a better response from them?

or

Post: I am thinking of buying a brand new XYZ rig. Can you give me some input on their customer service?

Random endorsements are great for the Talkback Forum. An endorsement as part of a detailed review is most useful in the Gear Reviews page. Oh....I agree, Wings does have great customer service.
alan

I own a Wings and I am quite satisfied with functionality of the system as a jumper and the design as a rigger. Heather and the gang have been more than accomodating on all ocassions with questions and repairs.
On the other hand, SunPath hasn't even returned my call from last week concerning a repair on a Javelin for one of my customers.

-Jon
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Shouldn't this discussion be in the suggestions and feedback forum?

Yes, or Talk Back or Gear reviews, depending on which part of the thread you are reading. I never felt it belonged here in the first place. But here it started and that is where I had to reply with my opinions.
alan