Emmie

Jumpsuit help

My birthday's coming up, and I'm gonna ask my parents for an rw suit. The problem is that they don't want to spend a ton of money, and I kind of need it really soon, like before May 8th. So I'm in need of advice. Is there a manufacturer that could make me a suit in 3 weeks and won't charge me a fortune? ALso, I'm undecided between the material, should I get nylon or cotton. I'm pretty short, 5.4, and weight about 135lbs, so I have a pretty slow fall rate. I know nylon makes you fall faster, but isn;t it more uncomfortable than cotton? I already have a freefly suit, but I won't be freeflying yet, and its too slow for rw. Any advice would be great.
Thank you
Emmie

Flite Suit makes an inexpensive RW suit - just don't load it up with too many options :)I think they do rushes too, but I'm not sure how quick they are or what they charge. I know Bev does rushes - two weeks, I think it's $40. AirTime was having a half price deal on rush orders - $20 instead of $40 - don't know if they still are.
pull & flare,
lisa

My very personal opinion is that you shouldnt go buying the first cheap thing you find. Remember that a RW jumpsuit is like an investment because if you take good care of it, it will last you for a life time. Don't worry about the price or the time it takes to be made, worry about your needs on a jumpsuit and get a good jumpsuit. Oh yeah, use nylon and maybe you should be thinking on some weights so take measurements with a weight vest (if thats what you are going to use), there is also a weight belt that I heard is very good and you use it outside the jumpsuit (get more info on this last one, if anybody knows about the belt please do reply).
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid? be extreme"
drenaline

there is also a weight belt that I heard is very good and you use it outside the jumpsuit

There a couple of weight belts available now. My boss switched from a vest to a belt recently; she prefers it because it can be taken off as soon as you land, ditched if you have to land in water, and doesn't need to be put on until you're getting on the plane. Most of them are cheaper than a vest too. :)pull & flare,
lisa

A cheap suit is not a good investment. Your suit is your interface with the air and has a major effect on fallrate and control. You will not become proficient at RW if you are always fighting your suit.
Tight nylon is faster, and you can now get suits with a breathable fabric liner so the nylon is not against your skin. I just got one from Tony and it is very comfortable.

My opinion on flite suit is not as good as others. Here's my thing: I have had to send baclk every suit I have had them make. The sleeves are chronically too short as are the booties. I won't order any more from them after the last one. I have heard similar complaints from others. Plus, personally, I think they nickle and dime you to death on the options that others include as standard.
I agree with what others have said: don't go cheap, you may regret it. You might try used if you wanna go cheap.
Drewfus McDoofus