airdrew20012001

psyco packing stilletto's

has anybody heard that it is bad to psyco pack stillettos?

Ya know, I figure if you keep everything straight then you can psycho pack anything you want. Like a sloppy 'PRO' pack, a sloppy 'Psycho' pack is going to give you fucked up openings. I've seen people psycho pack the Velocity, I can't imagine why you couldn't try it with a Stilletto.
-
Jim

Just give it a shot...and let me know how it goes. When I psycho packed a stiletto it opened up kind of inconsistently, but that is what you get when you jump a high performance canopy. Just keep everything really straight.
michael hunt (yes, that is my real name...and i've heard them all)

Well I hate to interject when I don't do it myself but, A friend of mine (a camera flyer) at our DZ jumps a Stiletto 120 and always Psycho packs it. He has great openings so I've seen it done many times. Also on this forum Jonno5 has a stiletto 135 and I'm not positive but I'm fairly sure he psycho packs it with great results. How about it Jonno are you out there? I psycho pack my Hornet 150 and really like the way it opens. So like I've said the guys at my DZ that psycho pack stiletto's are very pleased with the way it opens.

Thanks, that helped. I used to pschyo pack my sabre when it was brand new, good refresher article. I like the part about everyone claiming to invent the PRO pack. I think I can claim only the "oh shit, 5 minute call and I'm still farting around" pack job. It's not very reliable and hardly consistant. Does induce a wonderful 45 to 196 degree off heading snivel/whacker pack job and looks like hell when you get it in the bag.

Some of my absolute best openings have been the ones where I'm rushed, that looks like shit and I think when stuffing it in the bag "damn, well, it *should* work* And some of my worst openings have been the ones that I could have taken pictures along the way and made a how-to pack manual with.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

I have always psycho-packed the Stiletto's I have jumped (the 6 year old demo and my brand new one) and they have both opened beautifully.
The only mod I make is that I do not roll the tail or it will open too slowly. I quarter the slider & pull it out over the nose a bit and I do nothing to the nose other than make sure it is symmetrical.
The only thing I do for the tail is exactly what is shown in the video on Precision's website: I pull the ends to the opposite side (crossing them over each other) to make a perfect triangle. Then I jus' fold her in thirds, roll it up and put it in the bag. Gentle 400-600 foot openings (real, not perceived) every time.
Kris