AtWork

mirage unisyn

I haven't jumped one, but knowing how my current Mirage fits and functions (excellent). I have no doubt that the added articulation point will already improve a good design. From what I understand, they've changed a couple of other things, too. I would buy it -- the design is solid, and the flexibility will be outstanding.

I have put just under 10 jumps on my new UNISYN and Man, is it ever comfy! I truly really noticed how comfortable it was in the air and under canopy after I had put about three jumps on the rig. A buddy asked me how I liked the fit of my new rig and I was dumbfounded. The reason...? I never even thought about it once. Once I put the rig on, I pretty much completely forgot I was wearing it. Even after I landed, I didn't even need to loosen the legstraps before I walked back into the hangar.
I had also put some jumps on a standard Mirage G3 (no rings) that fit me and while it was okay, it was nothing compared to my UNISYN.
I don't know if it was confidence, flexibility or not having my old rig either but I definitely did feel a bit more fluid in the air with my new rig too, especially in a sit and during transitions.
Kris

I am looking for opinions on their unisyn. Is it worth it; advantages?

I am happy with mine.. I first jumped a friend's Mirage without Unisyn, and it was very comfortable.. Then, when I got my Mirage with Unisyn, it was great until deployment - then it was very uncomfortable(leg straps hurt like hell).. Well, after a couple jumps, I found the perfect place to have the leg straps tightened to and placed - and ever since, it's awesome.. Go for the Unisyn..
Mike

I have a few hundred on a G3 w/ Unisyn. I feel it is definitely worth it. I would skip the stainless before I skipped the unisyn. I do think it inhibits harness input to an extent... to get my VX diving I need to really dig into the harness.
I would buy it again. Don't know if I'd go for a G4 though, until they get all the asthetic bugs worked out.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

The same problem, is it worth all these extra bills? I have the order form on my desk, in stainless it bumps the price up... allot!
Who is the better price you have found on the market?

I got nickel on my UNISYN instead of stainless. The benifits are that it's a lot cheaper, I think it looks better, and it keeps better necessary friction in the 3-ring system than stainless does.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I have G4 with unisyn. It's verrrryy comfortable. When you're moving around harness moves with you, it doesn't bend a bit. And i guess it fits better than without unisyn.
Though Some people say that it's so comfortable you can't feel that you have the rig on your back. That's not really true. You can feel you have it on your back no matter how comfortable it is. it's still around 10kg (22lbs) on your shoulders... it's just that it moves with your body like you wouldn't have it on your back.

And i recommend it anytime. It's well worth the money.
"George just lucky i guess!"