KidWicked

How about RSS feeds of the forum topics?

it doesn't say what an "RSS feed" is...

Really Simple Syndication

RSS is a newsfeed. It's allows publishers to easily post their content onto other sites.

An example, if DZ.com were to publish RSS feeds for the News Section, then you could go to my.yahoo.com or any other RSS agregator, and see dz.com news articles just as you would see articles from Reuters or AP.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Subject says it all. You know it's the future!

No, the subject does not say it all: it doesn't say what an "RSS feed" is...

The subject says it all in terms of my request, which is the purpose of this particular forum.

I'm not here to educate you on RSS or any other topic.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

it doesn't say what an "RSS feed" is...

Really Simple Syndication

RSS is a newsfeed. It's allows publishers to easily post their content onto other sites.

An example, if DZ.com were to publish RSS feeds for the News Section, then you could go to my.yahoo.com or any other RSS agregator, and see dz.com news articles just as you would see articles from Reuters or AP.

_Am

Thank you for that explanation. That would be a nice feature.

It's so easy to be rude to others online, when you stay anonymous and don't have the wherewithall to identify yourself in your profile.

Great, isn't it? What would you do even if you did know who I was? Have your posse hunt me down? Ptthp! Hilarious!

Show me where the forum rules say that I can't be anonymous. Then, learn how to use Google so that you can research simple concepts like RSS yourself.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

It's so easy to be rude to others online, when you stay anonymous and don't have the wherewithall to identify yourself in your profile.

Great, isn't it? What would you do even if you did know who I was? Have your posse hunt me down? Ptthp! Hilarious!

Show me where the forum rules say that I can't be anonymous. Then, learn how to use Google so that you can research simple concepts like RSS yourself.

The forum rules have no bearing on it -- if you read some of the other threads, you'd see that anons are not looked upon with favor in this community.

It's no sweat off my forehead, but you'll find that you're better received if the community feels they know something about you.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

if you read some of the other threads, you'd see that anons are not looked upon with favor in this community.

Not in the BASE forum, which is primarily my interest. I'd say 75% of regulars there are anonymous, for obvious reasons.

learn how to use Google so that you can research simple concepts like RSS yourself.

Thank you for the atmosphere of sharing and education which you promote.

You'd be better off learning to use Google, rather than feeling sorry for yourself. You can have that advice for free.

You'd be better off learning to use Google, rather than feeling sorry for yourself. You can have that advice for free.

LOL... wow... your an ass!! >:([:/]:D:D

Sorry, had to say it.. >:(>:(

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

You'd be better off ..., rather than feeling sorry for yourself.

I do not feel sorry for myself. Where did you get the idea that I did?

What would you do even if you did know who I was? Have your posse hunt me down? Ptthp! Hilarious! Show me where the forum rules say that I can't be anonymous.

I have no posse, nor want one, as I have no desire to find you.

My point was only that it is easy to be rude when you hide behind a mask of anonymity. I give more credence to those people who are willing to make themselves known and to be personally associated with their statements here.

To each his own.

You should note that once someone explained the phrase to me, that I agreed it would be a nice feature here. However, if you want to propose something new, then it's up to you to explain it properly to garner support for the proposal from others. If you don't bother to explain things to the masses, you can't expect much support. If you weren't interested in putting the idea before the masses, then you could have just sent a private e-mail to the forum owner.

I do not feel sorry for myself. Where did you get the idea that I did?

When you said this: "Thank you for the atmosphere of sharing and education which you promote."

(You might want to look up "passive aggressive" on Google too.)

I reiterate: it is NOT my job to teach you how to open a web browser, go to google.com, type in "define RSS", and hit return. Christ, how do you survive as an adult when you expect everything to be laid out for you? Do I work for you? No.

This is the suggestions and feedback forum for a web site, it stands to reason that it's going to have technical content and technical questions posted to it.

You limped into a thread on a topic you knew nothing about, and complained that I didn't explain a technology to you. Do you want me to explain client/server computing as well? How about how to use a mouse?

I give more credence to those people who are willing to make themselves known and to be personally associated with their statements here.

Try making that statement in the BASE forum and see what happens, and that is where 95% of my posts are made. There are good reasons to be anonymous, and the owner of this site seems to understand that.

Frankly, I don't care if you give "credence" to my posts or not. I did not post in this forum seeking to have a conversation with you... I would have prefered it if you had not butted in when you did. 15 seconds on Google would have answered your question and we would have never had to get into all this.

Thank you for all your gracious assistance and advice, as well as your patience and understanding.

Oh, by the way, since you seem to be computer and technically knowledgeable - can you tell me how to patch the NPO pointers for an orphan db-key in an IDMS database set chain?

I could probably find out on my own, if only I knew how to get to Google and use a mouse...

Goodness...just think of all the time you would have saved if you would have just explained what RSS is instead of making that long post.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thank you for all your gracious assistance and advice, as well as your patience and understanding.

That passive aggressive thing is getting really tired. You ought to find some new way to make yourself look weak.

Goodness...just think of all the time you would have saved if you would have just explained what RSS is instead of making that long post.

I assumed he had half a brain and could use a search engine. My mistake...

Come on guys. Take it to PMs if you want.....

Ohh, and he did.. I'd reply back to him but I think I'm gonna be busy for awhile taking his advice that I should "Go f*** myself".

lol.. :D:D:D

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.