BASE813

Blocking Last log in

People.

I know its possible to not show in the "who online" - but is it / would it be possible to also disable the "last log in" on name header on posting?

I dont want people seeing when I am on line or when I was last on line.

Thanks

Michael

I see both sides. I do like to know when someone has been here, but maybe it's not necessary to see the exact date. How about shortening it to just the month and year ? That way, the "who's online" will still reflect current information (and hide those that wish to stay hidden) as well as tell others that they are current within the last 30 days ??

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

If I get your meaning (which i'm not sure I do) ....why does it matter who is current on this site?
Being current on this site has nothing to do with the real world as far as I see it. There can easily be a person that doesn't comment on here often or doesn't visit the site that is VERY current in safety. (I can think if one VERY important person in particular that is a leader in safety.)
These mini-profiles are too much IMO. There are fields that I like, but its still an internet site where people can lie, so whats the point? It just seems too busy over on the left side. I understand that it is convenient to be able to glance over to the side and get a rough picture of the person you are responding to or looking at, but I used to be able to click on a name and see basically the same thing. I hope we aren't falling into what I see as laziness and convenience.
Thats my 0.02 anyway, take it as you like...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

i have to admit the jump numbers and time in the sport is quite useful (and enlightening!!) but whether someone has logged on recently is i think too much information. Its not lazy as such its handy, I would like to see country of residence for example (as I stated in another unnoticed post here)

I just dont want anyone to know my internet accessing information and this is a small part of it. Why have an option to choose not to be shown on-line but have your last log on date? it defeats the object if you ask me.

Can perhaps someone with help in running this board make a comment?

I think that if you make yourself invisible in "who's online", it also blocks your last logon in your profile.

Nope :(

Edited to say, Damnit Erk, you replied the same time i did, but yours shows up first.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

indyz

Jumps
License
In sport
: 223
: B Pending
: >2 years

Apr 9, 2004, 10:51 PM

Post #11 of 11 (6 views)
Copy Shortcut

Last Login: Apr 9, 2004

This is what the Mini Profile shows. It does'nt have the time... but it has the date.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The big deal? For starters, guests cannot read the Incidents forum.

I agree with BASE813. I'd rather see Last Login removed from the 'mini-profile'. Hell, I'd like to see a lot of the mini-profile go away. For a 'mini' profile, it's not so mini.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.