murrays

Separate Tandem Forum?

Because Tandems are such a "different" animal when it comes to training students, I agree that a separate forum would be a great idea. Bill Booth is here among us, and would be a great moderator, but I believe we should have at least two other moderators from the DZ Instructor side of the house, preferably a Rigger who is multi-rated on different tandem systems, one from the US and one from Europe. I think this would cover a wide spectrum of gear and experience.
Arrive Safely

John

More on this, now that I have read the other suggestions . . .

I can see where an "Intructor" or "Instructional" forum would serve us better. All of the Tandem threads would be right at home there, along with other disciplines.

Also, some general instructional information that applies to all methods would not be lost if Tandems had their own forum.
Arrive Safely

John

I can see where an "Intructor" or "Instructional" forum would serve us better. All of the Tandem threads would be right at home there, along with other disciplines.

Also, some general instructional information that applies to all methods would not be lost if Tandems had their own forum.

I agree. Esp. if you are looking into being an instructor sometime and want to hear those stories, to see if you are cut out for the "my student grabbed me on a level 1 and did not let go and I had to pull for them to seperate us so I could pull" sort of senerios...(can't spell)