jtiflyer

NEW UPT Tandem waiver video...

Classic line:
"your instructor [...] may need to touch areas of your body in ways that might otherwise seem inappropriate."

Hey, the boss said so! I can't go against the manufactures instructions. :):):):)

:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hmmm... they talk about safety and the TI doesn't do any handle checks

He does them at 0:33, simultaneous primary/secondary and then simultaneous cutaway/reserve.

I do not prefer to do them that way though.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Hmmm... they talk about safety and the TI doesn't do any handle checks

He does them at 0:33, simultaneous primary/secondary and then simultaneous cutaway/reserve.

I do not prefer to do them that way though.

Had a look, you are right - I stand corrected. I missed them because I was taught to do handle checks right after tossing the drogue and before allowing passenger to get their hands out.

Anyway: Check for drogue in door? Helmet?
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I have done 20 tandems 19 at the one place in Australia.. skydive Nagambie. (What can I say I like being strapped to another man in that position..joke of course)I never saw this video or others like it. yeah I signed a waver and assumed (I believe) the fairly low risk. (no tandoom deaths in Australia for 10 years.. yes Don and Louise being the nuffy that I am I researched it !! but possible I know)

What a killjoy it would be to watch that before one jumps. You would almost feel like walking out.

I understand the USA sues more readily than here but seeing that before a jump would deflate (pardon the pun) the whole experience. (like i said I understand why its shown over there) Thanks Wokka Dipsey Don Louise for the experience.. it was real !!

Some times I fantasize I hear Don saying " greg come back and jump with Wokka all is forgiven" Then I wake up and say damm it was a dream !!

Don the email is [email protected].
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Even if helmets are not required... wearing one shows the TI is a considerate person. ;)

BTW: Helmets (at least frap hats) are required for passengers here in Germany and very strongly recommended for TIs.
I personally give a f*ck if it looks c00l to jump without a helmet, I always wear one. So do all TIs I know around here.

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I don't see a need for it, unless I'm jumping a Strong rig.
In that case, I would prefer my ears stay where they are.
;)

I don't care what the regulations say, I always wear hard-shell helmets while working as a TI.

When working as a TE, I tell candidates that must wear hard-shell helmets on every jump if they want to earn the rating. I also tell them that If they forget to strap a leather hat on their (simulated) student,s that they lose points.

Bottom line: professional TIs wear hard-shelled helmets.

Rob Warner
Strong Tandem Examiner
Racer Check Pilot
Vector and Sigma TI

I don't understand why simply wearing a hat makes one a professional.

I just don't see what if any, added safety there is.

(again - Strong rigs excluded - one would be crazy to not wear on with those rigs)

I base this on my tandem experience.

I have done 20 tandems 19 at the one place in Australia.. skydive Nagambie. (What can I say I like being strapped to another man in that position..joke of course)I never saw this video or others like it. yeah I signed a waver and assumed (I believe) the fairly low risk. (no tandoom deaths in Australia for 10 years.. yes Don and Louise being the nuffy that I am I researched it !! but possible I know)

What a killjoy it would be to watch that before one jumps. You would almost feel like walking out.

I understand the USA sues more readily than here but seeing that before a jump would deflate (pardon the pun) the whole experience. (like i said I understand why its shown over there) Thanks Wokka Dipsey Don Louise for the experience.. it was real !!

Some times I fantasize I hear Don saying " greg come back and jump with Wokka all is forgiven" Then I wake up and say damm it was a dream !!

Don the email is [email protected].

Aww, the reality of what you're getting into might sober you enough to reconsider your desire to participate in a possibly deadly activity?

Dang. Wouldn't wanna harsh your feelings dude.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

how easy is it to hear a pilot telling you not to go (or anything for that matter) with a hard helmet on?

Or have a conversation with your student?

Not to hard at all, I have been in the door and the pilot has yelled back to me (Caravan, Otter, Casa) and stopped the exit, on the C-182/206 They just tap ya.

There really is not REAL reason not to wear a helmet for you and your Students Protection.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!