toogoolawah

Drugs and Pilots/Instructors

Hell Yeah I'd be concerned.!!!! I dont care who you are, if I found about one of our pilots was doing anytype of drug and then flying I'd turn there ass in!!! Thats my life and a lot of my friends lives they are toying with. Alcohol will wear off after so many hours but certain drugs stay with you sysytem and if used enough fuck with you brain . Thats all I need is to be at 10000 ft and have the pilot tell me hes seeing pink elephants!!! If you want to do drugs thats fine, just dont preach safty to me cause if drugs are so safe then why do millions die from them every year. I dont know I guess I'm just old fashion that way!!
Quick story........I know a guy that will light up a bowl and drink a beer at the same time while driving his car down the high way. But slam his door too hard and he jumps your shit ....you know what I say to that FUCK YOU!!!!! Dont Fuckin worry about your GOD DAMN DOOR WORRY ABOUT ALL THE POEPLE YOUR PUTTING AT RISK!!!!!!!!
jason
sorry bout that this still kinda gets to me!!!

It's not an old fashioned view - it shows you are not a dumb shit looking for some kind of escape from reality which they obviously don't realize hurts alot of other people in the long run. There really needs to be more awareness about all this. I'm sick of running into people at DZ's that boast about how much fun they had "Rollin" the night before. Yeah that really makes them cool to hang out with - NOT!!! Just think what it will do to the Skydiving reputation when a plane goes down and the pilot has tested positive for this shit.
Thanks for replying, hearing someone else feels that way makes me somewhat hopeful!

I'm sick of running into people at DZ's that boast about how much fun they had "Rollin" the night before

I jumped with a guy that "rolled" one about and hour before his next jump, and he ended up forgetting his gloves and altimeter because of it not realizing until we were taking off. Now granted I realize that jumping with out an alt inst the end o fhte world. But being aware that your not using a piece of your equipment and FORGETTING about your equipmant are two diff things !!!
jason

please do not post this sort of stuff using your t'wah name!
this does NOT happen at toogoolawah,i know ,cos i was dz manager there for 4 years.
the pilots and instructors at t'wah are truly professional people!
i am very angry ,the way your post came across.
please explain that you are not referring to toogoolawah! or at least apologise, for perhaps being mis informed,or exaggerating.
yes,people there drink a lot of beer,and have some pretty wild parties,but that is normal at any good dz.
i am very angry, and demand a retraction!.
oops ,just realised you are a troll.
silly me.
des

ok. just read the thread in another forum,and you say you are not referring to toogoolawah,please make this clear to everyone and please be a little more careful if you are using a dz name.even innuendo can be very damaging to a dz. who are all struggling at the moment.
thanks. des

copy of my answer to the other thread you have going
I'm sorry you don't have the balls to frame those Idiots that do that. If I would have the knowledge about a Pilot being under the influence of drugs and flying a plane I would get that bastard busted asap.
Because it's my arse that's on the line and don't anybody give me this "that's his business bullshit". Also the line with ...the guy is a skydiver too... well fine but I don’t give a fuck.
Look toogoolawah, you don't do anybody a favour by keeping it quiet. Either you have the proof that it happen because you were there and you have seen it and you're going to stand tall for that or you just bring a ...I heard it through my sisters friends, who's mother neighbour’s carwash Joe told her about some wild party at the DZ.
Well we all know that drugs is a part of our sport (beer – sorry I had to say that) and other fine specimen of substances that will help to keep our memory of the day as present as possible – or make that wuffo look real good after the 10th beer – what ever.
There is NO solidarity with this and I could never jump again if I would know, that a plane went down because the pilot was stoned and I knew about it and my friends just got carried away in a body bag. Fuck what a nightmare.
This is nothing personal – but if I get hurt or a friend of mine then it gets really personal and (most) skydivers are my friends…
Blue ones
Phil

I would be very concerned.
Never, in all the dropzones I've been to, have I see a pilot even drink beer the night before flying. Pilots need to be on the ball when flying skydivers, I have no tolerance for pilots being hung-over. I can't imagine them taking stronger drugs like 'e'.
The same goes for instructors.
_Am

An easy way to clear up the issue is just say the DZ. You are pretty anomyous.... to most people at least. But if you are going to make a claim, you better be prepared to back it up. Most DZ's don't take to letting someone slander them.
I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

>Quick story........I know a guy that will light up a bowl and drink a beer at the same time while driving his car
>down the high way. But slam his door too hard and he jumps your shit . . .
I agree that's bad, but a question for you - why did you willingly get in an airplane flown by this guy? A pilot will be fired in a second if no one will fly with him because he's unsafe, and a drop zone will go out of business within a year if everyone leaves because of unsafe practices.
We as skydivers have a responsibility to learn as much as we can about our sport, our gear, the skill of the other jumpers on our dive, the maintenance on our aircraft, our pilots - it's our lives on the line. We have to learn about this sort of stuff and then act on it. Personally, I think just leaving is the best way to handle it. No FAA, no USPA, just a drop zone that closes its doors because no one will support it.
-bill von

I'm not trying to make a claim about a certain DZ in particular. I wish I never had written it in the first place. I was just wondering how other people felt about the fact this may be going on. I have heard through rumours not first hand and I was just trying to get more info. I think it would be pretty obvious to the DZO if this became a bigger problem and I have trust that it would be dealt with. I will write no more about this as I didn't realize it would cause so much trouble. Sorry

I will write no more about this as I didn't realize it would cause so much trouble. Sorry

It's not your job in life to be polite to everyone and not cause any trouble. I get sick of people not willing to say anything bad about a DZ because they don't want to deal with the political blowup that always results.
Fuck that.
If you know of something bad going on at a DZ, spill it. Worrying about hurt feelings doesn't do crap for my safety as a jumper.

Andy:

Never, in all the dropzones I've been to, have I see a pilot even drink beer the night before flying.

Where do you jump, the bible belt?????
I'm not saying I've seen pilots get trashed on a regular basis, but there is a difference between betting trashed and having a beer.
Remi
Muff 914

I have heard through rumours not first hand and I was just trying to get more info.

If this were rec.skydiving I would call you some very nasty names at this point.
Out of respect for the forums here I will simply say that you really should have made that VERY clear from your initial posting.
rumors can easily get way out of hand in this sport.

I'm at the fire every night. The pilots are sometimes there on Sunday

And this means......what? When I was the full time pilot man you had to watch cloesly for me to show up at the bonfire. I was exhausted after a full day of flying. 35 loads a day to 13k takes its' toll.
Chris Schindler
D-19012
ATP/CFII
www.DiverDriver.com