skydiverton

Tandem gear

As a european TI I'm interested which type of gear you guys use and what you think about it

Please only TM. To answer this poll

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Racer 2K3 Tandem. Light weight (38lbs.), low cost replacement parts, modular construction, comfortable, fast reserve system, the best reserve pin protection, great selection of FireBolt mains (298, 350, 396 and any custom size at no additional cost), fast delivery (three weeks for custom), free training and a great price ($8,995.00).

The great majority of my jumps are under a Sigma/Sigma 370, but I also have a lot of jumps under a Vector II/Icarus 365 and a Vector II/EZ 384. I am also rated on and have jumps under an Eclipse/Icarus 365. I was originally rated on a Vector II/421.

I really love Sigmas, but when it came time to buy our own, we got a new very-custom Racer with the Firebolt 350 (ZP elliptical nine cell) main. I got a great deal, it's setup with handles just like a Sigma, and the main flies just as good.

Chuck

Drogue-less Vector I with Pioneer High-Lifter 370
Vector I with PD 360
Vector II with PD 421
.... with EZ 384
High Flyer with Galaxy 400
Strong 425, 520 and SET 400
Racer with 400, 500 and Firebolt 396

I never really liked any of the F-111 canopies and have torn up far more Strong F-111 canopies than I care to remember.
My last thousand jumps have been on SET 400s and they are the first GOOD canopy from Strong.
EZ 384 was the first decent canopy built by PD, but I still think it requires too much muscle to steer.

... always liked tandem canopies built by Jump Shack and if it was my money - today - I would order a Racer containing a Firebolt 396.

My Sigma with Sigma 395 main. (I'm a big un, and I can stand up meat missiles with it.)

I jump the DZ's Sigmas and Sigma 370s and icarus also. Sometimes even the Vector with EZ 384. (When I really HAVE to) [:/]
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I have jumped Vector, Sigma and Racer for systems and Icarus, Firebolt, EZ and Sigma main canopies. Thus far I've found the Sigma tandem system to be the most "bullet proof", nevermind that I like their deployment/drogue system and the idea of a skyhook.

For canopies I really and truely prefer the Sigma main canopy. Icarus wasn't bad, but I found the openings to be a guessing game where as the Sigma had very consistant openings (very nice too), although the toggle pressure is a bit higher (which really isn't a big deal, even when doing a lot of back to backs in a day).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

RACER 2K3 (298, 350 ,400) by far is the most comfortable rig and softest opening canopy I have ever jumped. I can vouch for SM1's rig as well as just about any other Racer rig, it weighs in right around 35-38 lbs. It feels like you have a student/ sport rig on and the Firebolt main flys like a sport canopy as well,especially the 298. If you haven't tried one out you really need to, it will make you wonder why your jumping what you have now.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I jump a Sigma with a Sigma 395 for my Military job. On the weekends I jump a Vector 2 tandem system with EZ-384's.

I have ridde nthe front on a few strongs. But I preferthe RWS systems, the Sigma is the best in my opinion.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I've jumped Vector and Eclipse rigs, and SET, EZ, and Icarus mains. My preferred rig right now is an Eclipse, but it's pretty much a tossup...I mostly like it for the fixed position of the auxilliary drogue release rather than having to mess with the cable housing on the Vector's auxilliary drogue release, but that's about the only difference. My preferred main is an Icarus 330.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I mostly like it for the fixed position of the auxilliary drogue release rather than having to mess with the cable housing on the Vector's auxilliary drogue release

Then you really should take a look at a Sigma, both sides are fixed to the rig (well, one to the right leg strap).

I mostly like it for the fixed position of the auxilliary drogue release rather than having to mess with the cable housing on the Vector's auxilliary drogue release

Then you really should take a look at a Sigma, both sides are fixed to the rig (well, one to the right leg strap).

I've looked at the Sigma and think it looks pretty stinkin' cool. If only I could find that $12,000 I thought I stashed in my sock drawer... [:/]

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If only I could find that $12,000 I thought I stashed in my sock drawer...

You've just hit on basically the only drawback that the Sigma system has (in my newbie opinion, atleast). The damned thing is frigg'n expensive...BUT, you do get what you pay for, the price isn't inflated just because, IMO.

love the racer but now jumping vector, racer container feels like just an overgrown rig (with more handles) and it fits me! but having said that it just depends on what the dzo buys just remember the drills practice them every jump, plaN FOR THE WORST and yould get the best,

whatever rig you use just be safe follow ALL the guidlines and be safe!
life is a journey not to arrive at the grave in a pristine condition but to skid in sideways kicking and screaming, shouting "fuck me what a ride!.