Jpwalker

Best dropzone in the US for a newbie 45 jumps

Hello

I am going to the US the 1 of may.

And i was wondering what dropzone is best for a newbie like me?

I got 45 jumps 2 hours in the tunnel. My plan is stay there two months and buy my own gear.

I have heard alot of Elroy Arizona but i am not sure this is the best place for me?

Anybody who can help out?

Christian

Eloy is still fairly busy in May, but in June, it starts to slow down due to the heat and afternoon turbulence.

And by slow down, I mean most people will stop jumping by 2-3pm from Late June through August. You still could get 6-10 jumps most day if you wanted.
Remster

Skydive Elsinore, Perris, San Diego, all within an hour of each other. Elsinore is sometimes closed on Tuesdays unless groups are in (there is a large group scheduled in May), plus the boogie...)
Perris and Elsinore have bunkhouses, close to other attractions too. Both are school-based, so great places to learn from highly experienced people.

Oceanside is in that same circle, but it's not a DZ for newbies (unless Grimmie has changed things up a bit).

I'd highly recommend the Perris area.

I've never had the luxury of several months of solid skydiving but If i did thats where I would go.

Get tired of Perris, get a ride to elsinore. Get tired of Elsinore, go to san diego. get tired of san diego, go to oceanside.

I learned at Perris, and they are the best drop zone I've ever been to for newer skydivers.

You won't regret a trip to Perris.

Plus you get to jump with Mark Brown. He's a real character!

William.

Hello

I am going to the US the 1 of may.

And i was wondering what dropzone is best for a newbie like me?

I got 45 jumps 2 hours in the tunnel. My plan is stay there two months and buy my own gear.

I have heard alot of Elroy Arizona but i am not sure this is the best place for me?

Anybody who can help out?

Christian

I think I am the worlds worst speller??

But ELOY is spelled Eloy,

I reccommend you go there in July /August! To really expeirence the American West!
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Skydive Elsinore, Perris, San Diego, all within an hour of each other. Elsinore is sometimes closed on Tuesdays unless groups are in (there is a large group scheduled in May), plus the boogie...)
Perris and Elsinore have bunkhouses, close to other attractions too. Both are school-based, so great places to learn from highly experienced people.

Oceanside is in that same circle, but it's not a DZ for newbies (unless Grimmie has changed things up a bit).

We now host USPA B license jumpers and their foreign equivalent.

We pick up jumpers from San Diego Airport or Orange County. We have a hotel a few blocks from the DZ that provides a clean room and breakfast for $50 night. We have a nice beach and harbor a mile from the DZ. Sorry, no gear store, yet.

Come out West and hit four great DZ's within about 120 miles of each other!

Zephyrhills Florida has a reputation for being very friendly to new Jumpers.

http://skydivecity.com/

This..... Zhills is great for a new guy. Very friendly DZ, I think they have three otters there right now and a Cessna's for hop and pops.

It is pretty close to real towns with beaches and other things to do.

I no longer live there, but I lived on the DZ for 3 or 4 years and loved it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I hear Eloy is nice, but gear doesn't last very long due too the dust. This true?
If it is, I would try a place that is a little less...dry

Z-hills is great. They make camping really easy. Bar is open all night every night. Always people to hang out with.