pchapman

Religious faith & old reserve pilot chutes / Pioneer production sites

Just a curiosity here:

The photo shows an MA-1 reserve pilot chute recently found in an out of service rig.

The production location provides an interesting tie-in between faith in one's god and faith in one's reserve.

I didn't know that Pioneer once had a production site there!

Just a curiosity here:

The photo shows an MA-1 reserve pilot chute recently found in an out of service rig.

The production location provides an interesting tie-in between faith in one's god and faith in one's reserve.

I didn't know that Pioneer once had a production site there!

I once had a Paracommander that was built in Israel, by Pioneer too. I sold it to a buddy in Ohio a couple years ago. He still jumps it.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Hi Chappie,
That's a "Goodie!!" Pioneer had production sites all over, so did Irvin and others. Back in the bad old daze of the sport when B-4 rigs were the norm there was a bunch on the scene mfg. back when by "Fashion Frocks!!" Got a Mar 1943 Fashion Frocks 24' Twill reserve canopy in my archives!!
PS, Could you tell if the pilotchute was "Kosher???" ouiveh!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Just a curiosity here:

I made up for an MA-1 being manufactured in your "Holy Land" by having "Atheist" on my tags while in the 82nd Airborne.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

I used to know this guy who had TWO MA-1 pilot chutes in his reserve.

When I asked him why two? His response was;

"Because I couldn't fit three in there!"

True story!

That's like my next door neighbor when he asked why I always carry a .45. I told him "Because nobody makes a .46"!

Hi Scott,

They only guy who I knew that got two MA-1's into his reserve was Rich Johnston (D-134) and for the life of me, I don't how in the world he did it.

I asked him about it once and so he pulled the reserve ripcord. They really did not fly much farther than just a single pilot chute. However, the thinking of the day was that two was better than one.

The rig was an original CrossBow and he had a Navy Conical in there with the two p/cs.

Rich quit jumping in '68. Some time around '62 or '63, he and three other guys from Snohomish set a World Record. The category was 4-man accuracy, 2000 meters, night, without delay. Not so easy to do on a 1.6.

Who was the guy you knew?

JerryBaumchen