pchapman

What is a pizza puke ParaCommander?

See the attached photo -- a ParaCommander on the floor, in a camouflage colour scheme that features bright yellow and other colours. Another dz.commer thought that that's the "pizza puke" colour scheme, but I don't know for sure. Is it?

Its pizza-puke! Where did you get that photo? I own a PC with that incredible pattern. The guy who sold it to me (years ago) said it was Israeli desert camo. Mine is a competition cut PC. This canopy was featured on our T-shirts for water-boogie year before last . Yes it still gets aired out on occasion. Ive never seen another one , thanks cool photo! Whose canopy is that?
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

There were two very similar color patterns. One was called the "psychedelic"; the other, the "Super psychedelic". I think that yours is the "Super" model. The other used the same fabric pattern but had some black gores and black stabilizers. I might be able to come up with a photo if I find the right box in the archives to open.

cosmobuddy
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

There was a similar one (a jumbo, if I remember rightly) running around Houston in the 70's. But we called it a cosmic puke rather than pizza puke.

Or maybe cosmic puke was a different absurd color pattern.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Its pizza-puke! Where did you get that photo?

In my DZO's old rigging/storage trailer. Another rigger and I did some exploring!
Although I had posted a few well used PCs for sale in the classifieds, we might just keep that canopy because it is a particularly interesting looking one.

Do you have an in-air shot of yours? That would look good for this thread.

The Puke series color patterns were outstanding and unforgettable to say the least.

"Back in the day" a friends wife got a him a special surpise B-day present. The timeing just worked out that the thoughtful wife with the best intentions bought the love of her life the most outstanding PC :S ever made. His had more black than the one in the pic.

I only remember our buddy jumping it a couple of times. Not sure if he moved away soon after he got it or just didn't want to put many jumps on it since it was a gift from the wife:P

Unforgetable B-day gift even 37 yrs later. Its the thought that counts;)

R.I.P.

Longtall - Definitely one ugly canopy!
I think this is actually a picture of your
"Puke". Did you buy that thing from Bill
Roberts? This is Albuquerque jumper -
Linda Roberts. She used to jump this
"Puke" back in '81.

There were two very similar color patterns. One was called the "psychedelic"; the other, the "Super psychedelic". I think that yours is the "Super" model. The other used the same fabric pattern but had some black gores and black stabilizers. I might be able to come up with a photo if I find the right box in the archives to open.

cosmobuddy

I had one with the black stabilizers. We call the pattern "Para Puke".

Pizza puke in the sky!

I got the canopy flying again. Attached are a couple photos looking up in flight. The first is unfortunately slightly out of focus and the second is just a video capture.

Staring at the canopy one starts to wonder if there's a hidden Magic Eye autostereogram in it...