47 47
quade

DB Cooper

To the SEATTLE TIMES:

Perhaps they will run an article about the eyes, the height and the fact the Wig story was dispelled LONG LONG ago.

You ARE only pushing the MEDIA Meat WAGON. This type of thing will NOT help and only cause MORE ridicule of the innocent individuals you involved in YOUR story. It is NOT Kenny Christainsen's story - it is your story. You will be exposing a lot of innocent individuals to publicity - and my thinking is you intend to cause another media frenzie....like Marla had. You can bet the FBI is NOT going to let that happen a second time!

Jo, the only way the FBI can stop the media is if they place a gag order, they have not done this on the Cooper case....

TO THE SEATTLE TIMES:

You can also ignore any e-mails and/or other information from Jo Weber.

She is, by her own statement, delusional and worse, and for 17+ years has been trying to prove that her late husband, Duane Weber, was the Cooper hijacker. If he were Cooper, this would make Jo Weber the hijacker's wife or Mrs. D. B. Cooper, a title she has used in the past and would be overjoyed to discover that it is true.

In her 17+ years of researching her late husband, Mrs. Weber has not found anything that connects him to the hijacking. However, she has found that he had a 500+ page FBI file with 27+ known arrests.

Robert99

Those tactics are pretty low even for you. You are quiet well aware a Question Mark should have been after To The Seattle Times?
Not addressing The Seattle Times!

I keep trying to learn more and I do - but it is individuals like you who are blind and deaf or have their REASONS to make it sound as though I am what you want the world to conceive me as.

Yet, you make a statement as thought it is fact:

She is, by her own statement, "delusional and worse, and for 17+ years has been trying to prove that her late husband, Duane Weber, was the Cooper hijacker." I say that mockingly because of Gray's book and the interview I wish I had never given!

Do you not have one iota of common sense or decency in you at all?

I had stayed away from the media and Grey talked me into letting him come see me. When his book came out I knew why I HATED mainstream media and books. NO one is ever truthful!
They never tell the truth! It is all about what SELLS books and papers.

I do make the statement- but only JOKINGLY because I happen to know I am NOT delusion nor am I off my Rocker. Anyone who knows me - knows this! YOU do not know me!

You know the avatars and handles I use are only to identify the subject I am working on. Not a declaration as you make it. Yes, I would be elated to be able to prove who Weber was - NOT who I am before I leave this earth.

I am nothing, but the person telling the story and trying to unravel the mystery Duane left me with.. Inflammatory statements and ridicule about me are allowed mostly by you....but, I did NOT write a story about a man I didn't know and then try to sell it.

It was about an actual confession to the crime and I knew the man and then I uncovered some of his background with a lot of help. That alone was reason to move forward and I did!

MeyerLouie politely indicated Blevins needed to think about what he was doing and then got put on vacation. That fueled Blevins to NO end!

I have MUCH MORE than I did have. The FBI turned its nose at me - but, it was there all along and it will be people like yourself who will forever try to silence me.

What is the motive behind altering criminal records if not for the purpose of concealment OR was the FBI that inadequate in its investigation of Weber? When all of this is revealed - someone will have to answer or they have to continuely try to convince the world that Jo Weber is delusional and off her rocker.

I would give anything to make one more trip to WA - to Spokane and then to Coure D Alene and then back to Washougal and then to Bremerton - then I go TO Seattle. There is also a little something to deal with regarding Frank Derry's movements and history in the area....and the fact that Derry was connected to Weber/Wenz (not Duane) & CA and Weber/Wenz was connected to Seattle and Seattle was connected to Chicago and so on and on.

The story has gathered a little DUST! Oh, that's right, Duane's nickname was DUSTY?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Those tactics are pretty low even for you. You are quiet well aware a Question Mark should have been after To The Seattle Times?

Jo, You continue to amaze me.

You apparently feel that I should be able to read your mind. Let's take a look at your posts.

Post #39603 was posted by Jo Weber at 1:14 PM with a colon (:) after "To the SEATTLE TIMES:".

Jo Weber then edited that post at 3:24 PM, 2 hours and 10 minutes later.

Post #39605 was posted by Mrshutter at 1:35 PM and quoted Jo Weber's post #39603 in its entirety which included the colon after the SEATTLE TIMES. Mrshutter did not edit post #39605.

Post #39607 was posted by Robert99 at 2:07 PM and quoted Mrshutter's post #39605 in its entirety which included the colon after the SEATTLE TIMES. Robert99 did not edit post #39607.

Post #39608 was posted by Jo Weber at 3:17 PM and was edited by Jo Weber at 4:35 PM. In this post Jo Weber makes the claims about Robert99 that are quoted at the top of this post.

Just seven minutes after making post #39608, Jo Weber edited her original post #39603 to change the ":" to a "?". The rest of that post is the same as the one quoted later by Mrshutter and Robert99.

So your complaining is nothing more than trying to cover up your actual meaning. And, of course, this is not the first time you have done something like this is it?

Robert99

Jo, You continue to amaze me.

You apparently feel that I should be able to read your mind. Let's take a look at your posts.

Post #39603 was posted by Jo Weber at 1:14 PM with a colon (:) after "To the SEATTLE TIMES:".

Jo Weber then edited that post at 3:24 PM, 2 hours and 10 minutes later.

Post #39605 was posted by Mrshutter at 1:35 PM and quoted Jo Weber's post #39603 in its entirety which included the colon after the SEATTLE TIMES. Mrshutter did not edit post #39605.

Post #39607 was posted by Robert99 at 2:07 PM and quoted Mrshutter's post #39605 in its entirety which included the colon after the SEATTLE TIMES. Robert99 did not edit post #39607.

Post #39608 was posted by Jo Weber at 3:17 PM and was edited by Jo Weber at 4:35 PM. In this post Jo Weber makes the claims about Robert99 that are quoted at the top of this post.

Just seven minutes after making post #39608, Jo Weber edited her original post #39603 to change the ":" to a "?". The rest of that post is the same as the one quoted later by Mrshutter and Robert99.

So your complaining is nothing more than trying to cover up your actual meaning. And, of course, this is not the first time you have done something like this is it?

Robert99

Robert99 - do you know what DIAL UP IS? U have heard me mention I have to redial several times to make one post. I do not know if the clock picks up DZ or my time. The clock on the computer is usually 2 hrs off. The clock actually hasn't been working until I did a download to upgrade internet explorer today or yesterday - actually you caused me to look at the clock and for the first time in ages it read real time in my location.

YOU do understand I am NOT real computer savy. I use the computer like a word processor, and do NOT always check my punctations or check my spelling.
I am NOT a professor nor a scholar! Just an ordinary woman who had never used a computer until Jan 2000. Perhaps I should wait a day or two to post the post - but there is NO such thing as Post waiting to Send.

Yes, I edited it when it was called to my attention with your snide post when you thought it was a note to The Seattle Times.

The Scholar who does nothing but, pick on me. Are you actually that little boy in the second grade who pulled my hair. Does that mean you like me or are you just a real Pest?

Meyer has been a common sense denominator and he didn't say anthing to Blevins others have not said. Maybe I missed whatever it was. Sure would like to know whose toes not to step on. I got the impression we are NOT supposed to disagree with Blevins - like I said I must have missed something!

I do not know if the clock picks up DZ or my time.

The Scholar who does nothing but, pick on me. Are you actually that little boy in the second grade who pulled my hair. Does that mean you like me or are you just a real Pest?

Jo, The times on the posts are assigned by the DZ clock and are Pacific Time. Your clock, if correct, should agree with it when adjusted to the Pacific Time zone.

I didn't pull anyone's hair in the second or any other grade.

Actually, I can understand your frustrations with your Duane Weber claims.

Whether you understand it or not or will admit it or not, you do not have any evidence to back up those claims. Consequently, you are trying to sell a "Duane is Cooper" sizzle rather than something with substance.

Anyone buying such a sizzle is very gullible. I prefer substance.

Robert99

Amazon quipped

CinderCooper and the Glass Loafer???

Good one!

Loafers do blow off on jumps. Been there, done that. Lost one, but not in WA or OR.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

This is the problem - NO ONE wants the crime solved.

Thats just plain wrong Jo. I want it solved and so do many others including people in the FBI. Hell, its the only thing that stands between them and a 100% succcessful record in solving US skyjackings. Everyone wants a chance to bat 1000.

You want NORJACK solved, but only if the solution implicates Duane Weber. I've noticed you have modified your stance that he was Cooper and now say that Duane may lead us to Cooper. I think you are so sure Duane was involved that you will reject any other solution even if the evidence supports it.

I am curious. What would your reaction be if they ID'd Cooper with certainty (eg found an identifiable remains with the chute and perhaps some loot) and that person had ZERO connection to Duane Weber? Could you accept that?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Amazon quipped

CinderCooper and the Glass Loafer???

Good one!

Loafers do blow off on jumps. Been there, done that. Lost one, but not in WA or OR.

In 1971 there was a RUBBER protector to put on over your shoes. Duane had them. His went over the shoe and SNAPPED ABOVE the Ankle - so they worked with dress shoes, loafers and ankle shoes. The short "boots" that came just above the ankle (NOT sure the Rubber would have fit over them).

Was Cooper putting something on his feet? The file does NOT address this. Is this the ONE thing the FBI wants to KNOW? Could this be a missing Clue?

P.S. I am trying to get the letters off to Spokane and the surrounding areas. I need the help of you guys. I noted one time several aliases where posted I was not aware of. I no longer print things - and/or I forget to and then I can't find them and my stamina on the Computer is now VERY limited.

To All: Please help me compose a list of any know alias Weber may have used - I need that list asap.
Duane Lorin Weber or Webber
Duane L. Weber or Webber
Duane Loren Weber or Webber
Dwayne Loran Weber or Webber
Dwayne with any of the above.
John Claudian Weber or Webber
John C. Weber or Webber
John Collins
John C. Collins
Dusty! Nickname could have been use as a 1st name.

The John Collins was NOT used until 1962, but that is okay.

My interest lie in the records prior to 1950 that are no longer available. The sister knew Duane use another, but she did NOT know what it was. It may have been a family name such as Wetz or Wentz - and he would have used his nickname
Dusty Wentz or Dusty Wenz or Dusty with other names or spellings.

The prior of from before 1950 - one was listed and then went POOF! But, it was there. My hope is to find it in the archives unless they destroy this stuff after a certain date. WHY I want to GO to Spokane and all of that area to Coure d alene. It is important. He told me he could never go back - and low and behold an old record shows up in Spokane but then it goes Poof!

Someone out there has to know someone in Spokane who is a senior and who do some research for me.

My thought processes are becoming a little dull as I age and with the declining health all of you one day will experience.

Please help with this!

I want to get it in the mail ASAP.

Jo wrote

Robert99 - do you know what DIAL UP IS? U have heard me mention I have to redial several times to make one post.

Jo,

The price for DSL and cable Internet access has plummeted. I'll bet you could get high speed access for a price very close to what you are paying for dialup.
Many high speed providers offer 6 month teaser rates that are as low as $14.95 per month for speeds that are probably 1000% faster than what you get on dialup. Give it a try. No need to live with oil lamps and coal stoves.

Here are some teaser rates from my area. I am sure there are similar ones where you reside.

http://www.hypersurf.com/att-home.html

You want NORJACK solved, but only if the solution implicates Duane Weber. I've noticed you have modified your stance that he was Cooper and now say that Duane may lead us to Cooper. I think you are so sure Duane was involved that you will reject any other solution even if the evidence supports it.

I am curious. What would your reaction be if they ID'd Cooper with certainty (eg found an identifiable remains with the chute and perhaps some loot) and that person had ZERO connection to Duane Weber? Could you accept that?

If you will go back to the very beginning. I have stated "Duane was Cooper or he sure as Hell knew who was". Remember the statement Duane made to me at a specific site in WA. "That were Cooper walked out of the woods" and I replied "How would you know that" then he said "Maybe I was the one on the ground" THEN nothing else was EVER said about COOPER until before he died!

This was told to the FBI when I first contacted them in 1996 and and it has never ever changed. Yes, I believe Duane was Cooper and only the finding of Cooper's body will cause me to believe otherwise. If Cooper's body is found buried in some very specific locations - then you would know there was another party. If the Cooper's body is found with his chute on and only covered by the normal debri that could accumulate in a short period of time - then I would have NO choice than to accept Duane was NOT involved.

I have a "theory" I have NEVER ever discussed and the ONLY thing that rules this out is the remark Duane made in WA in 1979 and what he said before he died.

Duane was a dealer - he cleaned our garages and attics and bought stuff in lockers from 1989 until 1998. He went to garage sales. Only his remark in 1979 rules out he obtained his evidence (which I didn't know was evidence) by the above means.

His remark in 1979 in WA and his confession are why I believe what I believe. The physical evidence I held in my own hands and his actions when the money was found in 1980 are WHAT enforces this belief. Also his reaction in 1990 when he went on the machine and some strange things that went on during that time (the trip, the safety deposit box, the magazine, the hiding of things, the ticket, the stub - it all adds up). During those last 4 yrs he was actually TRYING to tell me about his life - I just shut the door on the past and I regret that I was NOT there for him in this regard. But it is how I live my life - What is done is Done, you just have to MOVE on to the next stage and leave the bad stuff behind - hold onto only the good, but learn by the bad.

Jo wrote

If the Cooper's body is found with his chute on and only covered by the normal debri that could accumulate in a short period of time - then I would have NO choice than to accept Duane was NOT involved.

Good for you Jo. I'm glad you could accept that outcome if it were to occur.

It's only fair to ask me if I could accept it if the evidence proved Duane Weber was directly involved in NORJACK.

Yes I could, but it would be tough. I'd have to eat several crows and they wouldnt go down easy. Might have to wash them down with a few swigs of Makers Mark.

Jo,

The price for DSL and cable Internet access has plummeted. I'll bet you could get high speed access for a price very close to what you are paying for dialup.
Many high speed providers offer 6 month teaser rates that are as low as $14.95 per month for speeds that are probably 1000% faster than what you get on dialup. Give it a try. No need to live with oil lamps and coal stoves.

Well, all they offer for the computer are programs that will bring things into my home I do not want and cannot afford.

I have an antennae in my attic and I get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX plus PBS and several other channels that show old movies and old series - plus Road Shows which I never miss. What more do I need. I do not need to pay for what I get free and I am not interested in the new movies or "trash" coming into my home.

Books - I can select what I want to read and I do that with a book in large print I can lie down to read and fall asleep with it on my chest or on the bed.

I have enquired about anything that will give me reliable internet connection and unlimited long distance and local phone. Nothing exists that does NOT force you to take things YOU do not want. I like my life simple.

I do not need a whole bunch of gadgets to turn on my TV and go to a program I want to watch. The computer is complicated enough and setting my cotton picking alarm clock (well, I don't trust it) - I alway set a little battery alarm clock - just encase I screw up which I have done before (they even make radio/clocks complicated now).

Been trying to find a new car - but those are getting complicated. If I get it without all of the STUFF on it then I can't have my leather seats and power seat for the driver (at least that is what the dealers say). Buick told me I could order what I want - the dealers claim theyhave to get the package. With this economy one would think they would get real and make a SENIOR MOBILE.

I need a straight back with a head rest that does NOT pitch my head forward and down. If I turn the head rest around they offer NO protection and look horrid. I need a seat that allows me to put it way back and tilt the seat to a slight reclining angle.(bad knee and bad back). I cannot climb down into or up into a vehicle. The seat must be located so I can sit swivel and then support (center console) to allow me to lift my body so I can position my spine. The seat cannot have a deep seat with the risers along the hip or the curve in the back that keeps me from getting in without contorting my spine.

My Rendezous was 9 yrs old on Oct of 2012 and it has 70K miles on it but has developed the common problems this vehicle has at 70K - If I fix one problem another will pop up and this could go on forever. The only vehicle I found that suits my abilities and disabilities was an Arcadia - 40K. WOW, who can afford that in todays economy.

I tried to find a new Rendezous in 2007 when my husband die that as the yr they quit making them - the dealer claimed he could not find on - BULL, I should have persued and then I would be OK. BUT I took my regular dealers word - BIG mistake - VERY BIG mistake.

Never take a Dealer or Salemans word!

DUH! Now they want 40K and my car ain't worth nothing. In 2007 I could have got into a new one with 15K plus my vehicle. Now I am screwed, but I won't do anything till I get past my present health problems. Might not be able to drive at all if things do not improve.

Jo wrote

If the Cooper's body is found with his chute on and only covered by the normal debri that could accumulate in a short period of time - then I would have NO choice than to accept Duane was NOT involved.

Good for you Jo. I'm glad you could accept that outcome if it were to occur.

It's only fair to ask me if I could accept it if the evidence proved Duane Weber was directly involved in NORJACK.

Yes I could, but it would be tough. I'd have to eat several crows and they wouldnt go down easy. Might have to wash them down with a few swigs of Makers Mark.

:D:D:D till I cried and got choked! YOU may have to EAT those CROWS!:D:D:D:):o:o

Jo wrote

Never take a Dealer or Salemans word!

Duane was in sales.

Sorry Jo, couldnt resist.;)

Everyone should get second opinions before making a decision. I never ever pushed for a sale when I was selling - I was always willing to go back and for them to think it over. What I put on the books STAYED on the books. Duane's business did pretty good because the program we sold was simple - but, he would write "health risks" that I would walk away from.

As for the basic term policy and the convenience of it being added to the house payment - it was an easy sale. You didn't need to lie. I would even take with me rates quoted by regular life insurance companies...was NOT a company approved method, but I did it....just one of the tools I ADDED to my own sales presentation.

Because of the items Duane showed me - If a body is ever found - it will have no evidence on it. If Cooper had an accomplice - I expect the accomplice did all he could do to make Cooper comfortable if he was still alive. I do not believe the accomplice walked away and left Cooper to die alone.

Look at it this way. If there were 2 - and had a communication system to locate each other - say Cooper had some kind of locator device on him he could activate when he jumped.

Think about something I have often thought about - because of something the ex-wife told me.
The man Duane met in the hospital (approx 1970 1971 ) when he was diagnosed - she didn't remember his name, but was a patient in the same room.

Obviously the two formed a friendship as she thought this was the guy (dark hair and complexion like Duane's) who would pick Duane up and they would go to AL (so he told her) in his white truck. It was during this time he asked her to get him some Dickie Jumpsuits to work in (claimed they were cleaning out old attics). She never got to meet the man with the VAN because he never came to the door. Duane always went out to the Van.

She and Duane separated Nov of 1971 and she "supposedly" did not go back to him until Feb of 1972.

I just thought the story was a LITTLE too convenient and I was told other stories contradicting this over the following yrs - by her and by others who knew the 2 of them. If she had knowledge of the crime it was after the fact and she was NOT part of any plans. A gut instinct on my part. I do not want to believe she was with him when he did the crime - but, she is who he would have contacted if he was in trouble.

If things went wrong and Cooper died and Duane had to bury him and if they had a get away vehicle....the story can go all over the place. The damn car story I have heard over the yrs about a vehicle being abandoned near Green Mountain and near a jump field and airstrip, I have never been able to prove or disprove and Himmelsbach (so I found later had nothing to do with WA) and was the wrong person to have been asking the question of.

Himmelsbach had no knowledge of what WA found and did not find because he was OR FBI. I do NOT understand how then Himmelsbach became the key factor in the FBI search and why the search included so much of Himmelsbach - what about the WA FBI agent - where was he during all of this - so how did Himmelsbach end up in a plane or copter in WA chasing the 727?

I guess this a part of the story that seems "strange" to me and perhaps it is my old brain just having to much to take in!

Jo, you try waaaay to hard to put Duane into this crime, you were just asked what you would do if they found Cooper, you said you would stop believing, now you want to have your cake and eat it to by stating Duane could also be a accomplice??

the timing for two people to do this could only been done by someone like McCoy, look at his record and then look at Duane's? there isn't even any solid evidence proving Cooper was planning on jumping where they stated, many believe he was going to jump earlier than around Lake Merwin, to me this puts holes in everyone's story because all of the suspects are based around this area. what if evidence popped up tomorrow showing Cooper was going to jump before the Toledo/Maylay area?

look up 1970's hijackings, you will see little segments going through each hijacking, not leading one all over the United States showing how it was done, I just can't buy into this, you say we need a second opinion? well the FBI has dismissed him, I have also dismissed your evidence, that is two opinions...Sorry....it doesn't add up....linking it to other high profile crimes is just to much for me to follow, or believe..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_hijackings

I know you think Wiki is all lies, but it is what it is....

you guys can't possibly think the FBI is this stupid? not to see Duane as Cooper, or they didn't know someone was lying in the KC mess? really?

we have Marla swearing up and down her Uncle is Dan Cooper, we Have Blevins (saying it's possible) but feels the need to help out the FBI on what he thinks they missed? and then Jo stating everything was wrong, it's just too much to fathom. sounds to me the FBI needs to hire Marla, Blevins and Jo, you guys could wrap up all the old files they can't solve?

That's my opinion on this.......B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I have enquired about anything that will give me reliable internet connection and unlimited long distance and local phone. Nothing exists that does NOT force you to take things YOU do not want. I like my life simple.

Here's where I just plain don't understand you.
It does exist and if you 've looked into it you know it does. You can get computer line only DSL for as little as 14.99 - 19.99 in your area. Or you can have it added to your phone line. No gadgets except maybe a modem and an ethernet cord - which they provide.
You don't have to take their wireless or anything else besides the basic DSL or cable.
But if your computer does wireless and you want wireless you can do that yourself - I'll send you a wireless router gratis that someone can hook up for you.
You might not want the faster internet connection, and that's your prerogative - live with dial up til the end of time -- but quit using poor poor pitiful me and my dial-up as an excuse for why you can't do something on the internet. Because for probably the same amount of money you are paying now you can get something better.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

It does exist and if you 've looked into it you know it does. You can get computer line only DSL for as little as 14.99 - 19.99 in your area. Or you can have it added to your phone line. No gadgets except maybe a modem and an ethernet cord - which they provide.
You don't have to take their wireless or anything else besides the basic DSL or cable.
But if your computer does wireless and you want wireless you can do that yourself - I'll send you a wireless router gratis that someone can hook up for you.
You might not want the faster internet connection, and that's your prerogative - live with dial up til the end of time -- but quit using poor poor pitiful me and my dial-up as an excuse for why you can't do something on the internet. Because for probably the same amount of money you are paying now you can get something better.

I don't even have a land line and have the same company Jo has (Bellsouth) I have the ultra DSL, it does just fine, no wireless nothing, I had a phone and shut it off, I use my cell or Magicjack. I think I pay $29.99 it's not the lowest package..... If I was ever in Jo's position thinking someone in my Family did something, I would make sure to have the capabilities to do a proper search, I wouldn't be sitting here 17+ years later asking why the FBI didn't do this or that, confront the issue....period
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Hey Rookie:
You go back to the magazine articles and the news article and everything I have said since 1996 - I have always said that
If Duane wasn't Cooper he sure as Hell knew who was! That has and will NEVER change.

Hell I don't have to try to do any thing. All I have to do is REPEAT what I have said for yrs and yrs and yrs. You do NOT know my history at ALL! Don't even discuss anything with me until you go back to 1996.....and look at what I presented to the FBI and tried to tell them.

You can't dismiss evidence you haven't even seen!

If you are going by anything in WIKI remember that stuff is put in there by people who are allowed to do it. I did NOT make any contributions to WIKE but did try to get the misinformation on WEBER out of WIKI. I don't even go there because it makes me as furious as your obtuse statements made me.

What did I say was WRONG other than the FBI didn't investigate Weber very well and NOW I can PROVE it.

:|I am telling you I checked into that and they want you to take the package. If I could have gotten something besides dial-up for 15 per month I would have it, but it is NOT available with AT&T (my phone service) in this area and the others want mega bucks. I still want my regular phone and the unlimited long distance. As I like to pick up the phone and talk to friend without worrying about the bill...I use a regular phone line so I can hook up a large phone so I can hold it...I do not get a decent cell connection in the black hole.

P.S. I won't sign a contract because of the stories I have heard and my phone, plus long distance -plus my computer has to be under $60. per month with NO contract - month to month because my home is on the market.

I don't mind my dial-up except when some of you guys expect me to be Johnnie on the spot.

I live frugally and I don't mind it, but one thing for sure the government will never have to pay my bills for me. You guys who think this or that is NOT too expensive - how much do you have in your 401K's or IRA's? Will you be sitting around waiting for the government to provide you health care, drugs and food and housing when you are no long able to work. How many of you have actually planned for the day you won't be able to work. Do you plan to live on your SS?

Well, I did plan and it means living on a budget - aomething you young people need to do. All of my yrs working I never had to rely on anyone, but myself and my own hard work. I paid my rent or house payment and utilities and my health insurance - I made do with the balance and never had my hand out asking for someone to provide me with medical care or pay my bills or be on food stamps.

If one job didn't pay the bills I worked 2 or 3 at times and still took care of my girls. HOW many of you guys do NOT pay your child support - we didn't have mandatory child support in my day. If we had a lousy no good father we left by the way side - we were on OUR OWN and we made it....without handouts.

I walked to work and I was working 3 jobs at one time in Atlanta, Ga. The walk to the Hosp was dangerous because the road was very busy and there was no siding to walk in. I usually got a ride home, but we didn't have a bus out that far.

My lunch consisted of brand cereal I carried in my purse and the small carton of milk I got in the caffeteria...then I would take my meager lunch to my desk or outside. I made sure my kids had food before I did.

I was able to get a bus to my wk-end job. I have been a survivor all off my life and hate it when others ride the system or do not plan ahead.

I live within my means and I have nice home in a nice neighborhood. I drive my old car because I can't find a new one I can get in and out of. I do without nothing I need.

When you guys are in your 70's I wonder how many of you big spenders will be able to do that!

You have NO idea how Wikipedia works. The contributors can present their OPINIONS - it is not controled and IF someone goes in a put something in there that is NOT correct - that is just it. Some of the information they have on there about Cooper is NOT accurate. I have not been there for a long long time - NONE of the Contributors on any subject have to prove their information is correct. Whoever was the first on to make the statment - is the only one who can make any changes.

What was there about several of the subjects and the crime itself was a bunch of garbage - and I finally gave up. Some people think it is written by historians and literary agents - but it is NOT like an encylopedia and there are NO standards for them to have to verify what is there is accurate. It used to be that anyone off the street could start something about a subject and even when it was incorrect - it could be changed by NO one other than the original contributor.

I complained about that as others have and do not use it.
Hopefully they now have someone who checks on the accuracy of what some contributors put up - but, I doubt it.

Internet, Basic Cable, Unlimted Phone.

There are SO many options. Where the heck do you start?

According to recent articles, more than 3 million people in America still subscribe to AOL dialup service. Why? Poverty is often claimed. Let's face it. Inner city access can be limited if you can't afford high-speed internet or a smart phone. You can do the library, which is usually broadband or in some cases business-class internet. (as Comcast Cable here likes to call it)

Rule One When Dealing With New Service from a Bundling Provider:

You call them up. You slap around the rep like a red-haired stepchild. Claim poverty. Say you're a poor senior. Low income but you need something you can afford, something you can live with. Ask to speak to the supervisor. Quote medical issues. Here's what they're going to do:

They will offer you EVERYTHING cheap, as long as you sign a long-term agreement. The rep supervisor, if you ask to speak to them, is usually the one who authorizes this. If you get cheap on the long-term, why NOT sign? You win, and they get the least ducats possible for the longest amount of time. At the very end of your negotiation, make sure they include free install. Like you know anything about hooking up cables and computers, right? Whether you do or not doesn't matter.

I know. I've done it to Comcast since 2001. Oh, yeah. My max bill for US/Mexico/Canada phone, broadband, and cable with extras has never run more than $120 a month.

I have talked to a lot of cable installers, which is where the REAL dope resides. They tell me the biggest deal is signing new customers, not how much the customer pays. On one renewal with Comcast, I kept them on the phone for almost an hour doing serious bitching and whining about my service, and that I was considering signing with another provider.

So they gave me a three-year deal at $99 a month. LOL.

Jo: You just aren't trying. You have to whine not to this thread, but your cable company. You need access. Your health. You're on a fixed income. What will you get in the end?

'Everyting you WANT...'

(Stolen from Full Metal Jacket)

Your next investigation is with your cable company.

My oh my! What happened to the nice guy!?

Is this an example of how you handle all of your
transactions? Your approach to your political column
on Newsvine and here?

"You slap around the rep like a red-haired stepchild.
Claim poverty. Say you're a poor senior. Low income
but you need something you can afford, something
you can live with. Ask to speak to the supervisor.
Quote medical issues. " ?????

How does this advice you have just given to Jo and
the world square with your quest for TRUTH and high
moral principles you claim to represent, and claim
others do not represent?

Was this your approach with your socalled research
and Geestman!?

Is this your approach now with news media and the
FBI?

And what have you got against "red chaired
stepchildren" !? "You slap around the rep like a red-
haired stepchild." Youve used that idiom a
thousand times here. Do you think you are smarter
than the "Red Haired Stepchild Association" ? Have
you got a bitch against social workers and DHS?

Why this constant reference to the paradigm
of "child abuse" you keep using here at Dropzone
and elsewhere, and now: "Slap around the Comcast
rep" ? Do you think this is funny or smart, stylish, or
something people in general appreciate?

Do you think Dropzone@ condones child abuse or
slapping around people ?

I assume in none of this you were advising Jo
to "deceive" her internet provider?

Jo wrote

Well, I did plan and it means living on a budget - aomething you young people need to do. All of my yrs working I never had to rely on anyone, but myself and my own hard work. I paid my rent or house payment and utilities and my health insurance - I made do with the balance and never had my hand out asking for someone to provide me with medical care or pay my bills or be on food stamps.

Jo,

I admire and respect your fiscal responsibility and frugality, but take exception to one aspect of your story. If Duane was Cooper your income was at least partially supplemented by a very significant handout: a big pile of twenties hand delivered by a government agency.