47 47
quade

DB Cooper

JT: I never called Mac 'Little' so I don't know his response to that. He was 1-1/2" taller than me in his black army boots. I do know that he hated "DICK" or DICKY" with a passion. Didn't like his name at all because it was his father's name. not his. "Call me McCoy or just 'Mac' but never call me 'Dick' or 'Rich'." He would have used the name 'Peter Gunn', but 'Peter' was just as bad as 'Dick', and he thought 'Tommy' was really, really cool. I thought he was nuts. You could be Terry Thomas or Jerry Lewis, rather than Jerry Thomas. You funny guy! You got sgt. stripes on the underside of your arm? Oh, Mac called his son 'Guadalupe'. They call me 'Al'. They called Duane Weber 'Dan Cooper' or just 'Coop'. But you know all of that, 'cause you da man, Little Tommy.

.................Marla?..................How about some straight up answers concerning your family?.........what were the ages of your brother and sister at the time of the crime?...................................what do they remember about your uncles during that time frame and while I know that your brother is rather proctective of you, what is his stance concerning your claims?.........................................do you recall how the comics were fastened to the walls?..............................my last question........................................when and who turned you on to Dropzone?..............................

Marla says in part:

'The comic books: My dad was Don Cooper. I used to think those comics were about him. It was odd to me that an adult had comic books. I would take them down from the wall and try to read them, believing there would be something about my father written in them...'

Where are your brother and sister regarding this claim? .

Overtones of Jamie Cooper seeping through the frozen tundra...............
Can't believe we are going there again!! Give me a frickin' break!

BobKnoss: What imbalance in the drugs you are taking now! causes you to come up with this BS. You don't know Rat nor have you, are will you ever be involved in any secret Op's.Take your lies and go ask your Doctor what is wrong with your Med's. Jerry

Meds are just fine. Heart is just fine, back is great, peeing normal. MEMORY is PERFECT!! Never had an imbalance of any drugs that I recall. You been smoking too much dope again. I don't do that stuff. Never have. Kills brain cells, Jerry. Methinks thee protesteth too much. I do not lie often, unlike others who NEVER seem to tell the truth, only sometimes. Like Spock would say in your StarTrek World, "Captain, I think you adequately grasp the situation." Bill's name is not 'Rat' and he does not like to be called that, you know. I am not his 'buddy', true, but I am on his short list with Gray and the FBI. No Christmas exchanges there! I do hold him in very high regard. (;#)^

Bite me Robert. I don't HAVE to do anything. I remember them, they don't. They also don't remember the names of the neighbors, the colors of the walls, the bedspreads, or a lot of other things. I have a cousin who remembers the comics and their name. Don't expect me to provide you with his name you invasive jerk.

Bite me Robert. I don't HAVE to do anything. I remember them, they don't. They also don't remember the names of the neighbors, the colors of the walls, the bedspreads, or a lot of other things. I have a cousin who remembers the comics and their name. Don't expect me to provide you with his name you invasive jerk.

Marla, Welcome to DZ.

First, ignore Bob Knoss since he only posts here when he manages to loosen his straight jacket enough to use a computer. Several other posters, including Blevins, are not far behind Knoss.

Second, you will be the "fresh meat on the table" until your story starts checking out.

Third, I am a committed pessimist. But I do find your story interesting and would like to ask a few questions.

1. You have stated that you want Clint Eastwood to play your love interest in the movie version of your book. Who do you want to play you in that movie?

2. You have stated that the money was lost during the jump. You have also stated that either LD or Dewey, or someone, claimed the very next day that your family was now rich. Is my reasoning faulty or is there a contradiction here?

Enjoy your time on DZ.

Not being an expert on ‘objective reporting’ like others on the thread, I’m a bit perplexed by the now devastatingly famous, ten questions plus one email between RobertMBlevins and Marla.

The architecture of the questions with these running narrative asterisks is unconventional and unnecessary since a person can answer what they had for lunch without knowing the reason for the query. If I don’t want to answer a question I use a coded response like….. I don’t want to answer that question.

In dazzlingly objective, well written and fair ‘question number four’, the answers appear to…….. I hope and pray I can state this ever so delicately……. Migrate. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Let’s begin with the originally published answer:

” Yes. Except he said 'close,' not drop the case.”

Versus what the red letter version (aka Marla Missive) contains:

Yes. Except he said "close" not "drop" the case. Are you sure these aren't trick questions? That one was pretty tricky!”

Why the difference between the OBJECTIVE answer published on the globally read Newsvine and the expanded version from Marla’s own keyboard?

Marla went to the rare extent of not only answering the base questions but went on to add more detail like revealing that she thought the question was tricky. The most contemptible of bottom feeding attorneys would have objected to the leading nature of the question and someone with a seventh grade reading comprehension would notice the feeble steering. Fortunately this is the DBC thread where time, space and manipulation are either warped beyond recognition or utterly ignored.

I think Marla was extremely open and direct with her responses to include asking if the entire communication would be published. This is not the behavior of someone trying to cover something up; editing a person’s responses does NOT get the same consideration in my world of ethics and fair play. Tough.

I took Marla at face value where her answers twinkled like her eyes filled with limpid pools of deep blue water which keep at bay, the infernos of barely restrained passions that churn and swirl with an all consuming grasp on those who casually gaze into the mesmerizing Bessemer of …….. ummm….. gosh…… I guess I was just trying to say I sorta liked her answers. That’s all.

Fortunately this is the DBC thread where time, space and manipulation are either warped beyond recognition or utterly ignored.

I think Marla was extremely open and direct with her responses to include asking if the entire communication would be published. This is not the behavior of someone trying to cover something up; editing a person’s responses does NOT get the same consideration in my world of ethics and fair play. Tough.

I took Marla at face value where her answers twinkled like her eyes filled with limpid pools of deep blue water which keep at bay, the infernos of barely restrained passions that churn and swirl with an all consuming grasp on those who casually gaze into the mesmerizing Bessemer of …….. ummm….. gosh…… I guess I was just trying to say I sorta liked her answers. That’s all.

Priceless. Just priceless!

My sentiments exactly.

:)

Folks . . . 30114 posts or so ago I said,

Keep it civil or it's all going to be trashed.

If you'd like to discuss this topic without my moderation, Yahoo.com makes "groups" all day long. Feel free to use them.

Let's tone it down.

Personal attacks are not cool
Asking if somebody is off their medication; not cool.
Calling somebody an "invasive jerk"; not cool.

Attack their data all you want, but let's keep the actual attacks on the people themselves out of the discussion.

Marla, you're welcome to be here along with everyone else and you're new so it's understandable you might not be aware of THE RULES, but clearly everyone else here certainly ought to be.

A general note to all and not directed at anyone specifically;
Keep it cool.
Stick to the facts or at least your version of them.
Do not go batshit crazy if somebody disagrees with you.

Nobody here has any "proof" their theory is more correct than the next guy's. Nobody.

If you did, the case would be solved. It isn't.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Is she gone? Have we run her off already?

Perhaps this will ultimately explain everyone's theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Maybe everybody with all of their disparate theories are correct in their own universe -- just not this one.

The problem with that is I'm not the size of an atom. I only live in one world where there was a DB Cooper hijacking.
The Money Connection

Smokin99 asks intelligently and with blazing hotness aforethought:

Was this posted on here before? I know I've seen that creepy pic of DB Cooper smokin in the window somewhere.

http://ifanboy.com/articles/preview-the-secret-history-of-d-b-cooper-1/ "

You’re in luck smokin99 because after months of research (weird considering you asked about this yesterday) and digging, I managed to find the source of the image on a video which has been compared to ‘Citizen Kane’, ‘Sunset Boulevard’ and ‘The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies’. Take note around time (0:14-0:15):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBZMG9KutPs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I want to stay objective about this video which was clearly the product of divine guidance coupled with a genius rarely seen on this planet and several others. It’s modesty and humility that prevents any further discussion. This is in spite of the raw insistence that this video production clearly represents an opus magnum message that men fear and women desire.

I don't HAVE to do anything.

Well ...ya 'kinda do' & ya kinda don't...;)

It would seem therein lies the dilemma which which you will find yourself regarding the whole issue Marla.

I for one don't envy you as far as the attention...the tone & manner of the questions you're asked.

One one hand, you 'did' bring the issue to public attention and the notoriety obviously brings with it both good AND bad.

If as it seems, you're merely trying to shed some light on an event of national (to an extent) public interest, then then I'd urge you to simply continue down that path.

...endeavor to persevere the onslaught with as helpful and positive attitude as possible.

Given the situation, extensive and 'personal' interrogatories are to be expected...

~there is of course a fine line between what is pertinent to the 'case' and what can be deemed as nothing more than useless static.

You seem like an intelligent woman, no doubt you realized from the beginning that by coming forward you would move that 'line' from expectations of a private to that of to a public persona.

I understand your answers and your frustration...I think you've drawn 'your line' at an interesting point in the sand. I'd likely do the same.

Like I said, I don't envy you...I would urge to not take offense though, understand it's not aimed at the internal 'YOU', but more what ANYONE in your position would be facing and has regarding the topic.

Best of luck.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have a cousin who remembers the comics and their name. Don't expect me to provide you with his name you....

Why don't you want us to talk with this cousin, Marla?

Are you serious?

Think privacy and ~ who it might be ~ is none of 'our' business...:S

What are your intentions...stalk for answers?

Sure, maybe it would be in the same non-intrusive, open minded and repectful way you've done so on here, but why even TAKE that chance if you're Marla ?
:ph34r:

Could just maybe be...the cuz could care less about you and the DB Cooper story.

The cuz didn't put them-self into the spotlight, they then have a certain expectation of privacy.

Federal warrants and grand juries have been stymied on similar disclosure...come on...ya kinda gotta use some common sense on this now & then.

Take it at face value, believe it or don't...but jeez, leave those not directly involved alone.

Even asking sounds creepy....ya really don't know WHY she might not want to publish a name like that?

Tunnel vision d00d, the whole world doesn't HAVE to care about DB Cooper. Get over yourself. ;)

Like I said, there IS a line that probably shouldn't be crossed. . .that's one that's 'over the line'

~ her not answering doesn't affect her credibility.

You demanding like it's something expected or owed...effects YOURS. :S

Again, believe her or don't...up to you.

I have a cousin who remembers the comics and their name. Don't expect me to provide you with his name you....

Why don't you want us to talk with this cousin, Marla?

Are you serious?

Yes, I am.

And here's why.

Marla has exposed her family to these investigations and I am following up. That's just the way it is. Marla has identified this cousin on a public forum; hence, the cousin is fair game for inquiry.

Also, Marla has also told extensive stories about her family in public, such as at the syposium in Portland and they were most unflattering in the extreme, Plus, she named the individuals. So, again, I am following up in kind.

In my view, Marla has changed her tune since Portland, and where she was once open and sharing she is now drawing battle lines by threatening law suits, using unacceptible language in professional discussions, and declaring certain indivudals off- limits to inquiry. Further, her list of acceptible family members with which to discuss this case seems to be shortening as the days go by.

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interfering with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

I respect Marla and her story so mightily that I feel compelled to ask the questions I do. Under these conditions personal privacy becomes secondary.

The real question becomes how to investigate the Cooper Clan in a way that is sensitive, fair-minded and leaves as many nerve fibers in place as possible for all of us.

For me, the challenge is to be clear, pesistent and consistent - and not be a bully in the process of persuing justice.

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interference with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

Okay...IF that's the case would you really expect her to 'open the books' to YOU?!

I would imagine that's a question for the feds to ponder...since they ARE aware of her and her story, what are you saying?

The FBI isn't doing it job, so YOU will do it all for them?

Are you a federal agent with powers of arrest?

Do you hold search warrant, or a grand jury indictment?

In one breath you say her family has possibly broken the law, in the next you demand to know who they are...

Come on Bruce, I wouldn't tell ya squat either! :D

I mean eventually ya gotta run outta feet to shoot yourself in...right?

Does any one know why she just started going by the last name of Cooper last year when she started her DB Cooper research? I've known her 15+ years, and she has never gone by that last name until she started her research. People, you sure are being fooled by a pretty blonde that speaks so eloquently. She's been married and divorced four times. She has three sons that her husband raised. Oh, and one of the sons was not even her husband's. It was with a man she had an affair with while married. She didn't tell the son until last year or the year before when she got back with that lover and he ended his 20+ year marriage to be with her. And SURPRISE ... her son didn't speak to her for a long time because of his hurt. Thanks, Bruce and Robert, for doing some research on credibility. I think her changing her last name to Cooper was convenient timing to make this story more plausible. No doubt, she does have the family name of Cooper. Just curious timing.

Bruce wrote

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interferring with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

Aside from the statute of limitations having expired long ago, the family members have a perfect defense: Nobody really believed the skyjack story. They saw no hard evidence connecting Dewey and LD to the crime. LD was known to lie about many things including having an MD brother who treated him in the past.

Lost of dysfunctional families humor known liars, like the war hero that never was in the military, the guy with the advanced degree who was a college dropout, etc. They just dont rock the boat.

Enough of the strong arm stuff about family criminal culpability Bruce. It is only tangentially relevant and is a moot point at this late date.

We are probing the accuracy and truthfulness of an adult's memory of what she claims to have witnessed at age 8. That's the main issue.

You are making it hard to tell if Marla's closing up to you and lashing back is evasive or protective.

If you piss someone off, even a truthful person, they sometimes clam up and lash out. That doesnt mean they were lieing to you.

I'm not advocating treating Marla with kid gloves. She has made an extraordinary claim and she should expect extraordinary scrutiny.

I think you could ask the same questions of Marla in a different manner and you'd find a different response.

Border Collies accomplish a lot more than Rottweilers do, in my opinion. Tina probably would have let a Border Collie in, but understandably slammed the door on a Rottweiler.

Find your inner Border Collie Bruce. It will actually improve your journalistic results.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce wrote

Remember, if Marla is telling the truth, then her family may be guilty of aiding and abetting a felony, interferring with a federal investigation, and conducting a cover-up for 38 years.

Aside from the statute of limitations having expired long ago, the family members have a perfect defense: Nobody really believed the skyjack story. They saw no hard evidence connecting Dewey and LD to the crime. LD was known to lie about many things including having an MD brother who treated him in the past.

Lost of dysfunctional families humor known liars, like the war hero that never was in the military, the guy with the advanced degree who was a college dropout, etc. They just dont rock the boat.

Enough of the strong arm stuff about family criminal culpability Bruce. It is only tangentially relevant and is a moot point at this late date.

We are probing the accuracy and truthfulness of an adult's memory of what she claims to have witnessed at age 8. That's the main issue.

I agree completely with the priorities that you have described, Three-Seven-Seven. That's said, I don't want the family's responsibilities to justice to be discounted or dismissed.

Border Collie is good.

Woof.