47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The Cooper mystery is not impossible to solve. It is just tough. It is just as likely to be solved by chance as it is by determined investigation.

At this stage, I think it is more likely to be solved by chance than anything else...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Question: why do Americans always call it "the bathroom" even when it doesn't have a bath (or even shower) in it?

That's easy. Because the ones with no bath or shower are called a half-bath.

I also have a trivia question that will drive Sluggo nuts.

When Rataczak put the flaps to 30 degrees on Flight 305, did an intermittent warning horn sound in the cockpit? Remember this is after 1969, and the wheels were locked down.

Also: if the cockpit wasn't pressurized, did a warning horn sound in the cockpit on Flight 305 if it went above 10,000' ft? Again, 727 post-1969.

(the questions are based on a reading of FAA directives for 727 in 1969)

Attached a sim mockup of 727 instruments showing the flap position lever with positions up,2,5,15,25,30,40

Some airlines blocked off 40.

That's another trivia question: where any accidents attributed to the use of 40 on a 727, or was it just a fuel consumption issue, or was it blocked off for myth reasons?

(edit) about suspect quality: I read somewhere that someone in the FBI acknowledged that Coffelt was in the "top twenty" list at some point? That should give some clues about what were perceived to be high-value suspects by the FBI.

Doesn't he know I would
love seeing proof Duane
was not Cooper?

Jo,

Have you forgotten? You claim to have proof that Duane was Cooper. Show it. Prove that Jerry is wrong.

We are all waiting. Teases, dodges and excuses is all we have seen so far.

Put your cards on the table.

Nothing I have will ever be accepted as proof - but, written off as just more co-incidences.
The co-incidences are facts related to Duane and his history and what is known about the Hijacking and Cooper.

I have accepted the fact - that I won't be around if it ever is. Since 1996 - I have tried to find the answers - and yes, I still blame the FBI for not doing enough in those first few yrs.
I am NOT at liberty to tell any more of what has been uncovered...because as I said we are waiting verification.

Seems like the source is slow to reveal anything, but we are still following this trail. If you guys are anxious - THINK about what I must be feeling sitting here and waiting. A friend of mine asked he how I could be so patient. My answer was "I have had 14 yrs of waiting so what is a few more weeks".

I will repeat that the FBI will just chalk it up to more co-incidences and that will be the end of it. This forum will be told what it is and the results when I get it. You guys then can decide for yourselves - co-incidence or proof. I would put my bet on co-incidence.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

The colored contacts possibility is actually quite interesting.

It has always astounded me that Cooper wore no apparent disguise. If you could radically change your eye color you might not need one. The technology was readily available 1971.

Maybe the puzzling lavatory disappearance was to remove and dispose of (or conceal in a pocket) his colored contacts. I dont wear contacts. Do you need a mirror to remove them? I recall reading something about tandem passengers being injured by leaving them in and having goggles come off.

Are you positive that Colored Contacts that could make Blue eyes appear dark brown or black where availabe in 1971. I was unaware of this, but only wore contacts for a short period to time around 1982.

I have opened up a second channel to Florence and have sent her a color pix of Teddy.

Personally, I am very excited by the prospect of Braden being Cooper. At the very least, Teddy's abilities, character and demeanor give us a template to see how Cooper could have been thinking. Further, it gives me a welcomed buffer every time I hear Larry describe how he imagines a bubbling Cooper tumbling in panic to his death.

The fact that multiple SOG vets consider Ted a viable suspect gives the Braden angle an enormous amount of credibility.

That said, I also possess a warm spot in my heart for Barb. A confession, a more-than-adequate skill set, psychological motivations, and a ton o' details about the how and whys. We probably know more about her scenario than any other suspect, other than Richard McCoy.

Yes, it would be incredible that she was masculine enough to convince the FAs over a six-hour period of close examination, but, 43 years as a guy is pretty good practice for imitating masculinity.

When I talk to the Nat Geo folks I intend to query them on why the above perspectives were not included, and why they gave so much air time to the propeller theory when the FBI doesn't even post it on their web site. Heck, the Dan Cooper comics rate more attention from the feds than the propellers do.

I have opened up a second channel to Florence and have sent her a color pix of Teddy.

Personally, I am very excited by the prospect of Braden being Cooper. At the very least, Teddy's abilities, character and demeanor give us a template to see how Cooper could have been thinking.

Be careful how you throw names around.
"Teddy" was "Teddy Mayfield".

I dont see how "ted's" template applies to Cooper
apriori? Explain that?

By the same extension Duane's template applies
to Cooper! And we all know Duane was aboard
Apollo-13, had contacts on, but all the LIARS are
keeping it from being a clear undeniable fact.

I am NOT at liberty to tell any more of what has been uncovered

Utter nonsense Jo. All it takes is a few keystrokes.

If all you have are "coincidences" then why did you say you had proof that Duane was Cooper?

I can see you are trying to slither out of your commitment, but 377 isn't going to accept it.

You apparently have a hard time just admitting your claim was grossly overstated. Why? We all screw up now and then. Just admit you didn't really have proof and move on. Otherwise I will continue to hold you to your offer of PROOF.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Nothing I have will ever be accepted as proof - but, written off as just more co-incidences.
The co-incidences are facts related to Duane and his history and what is known about the Hijacking and Cooper.

Huh? Coincidences are not proof. So you are now admitting you don't have a shred of real evidence, just a list of "coincidences"... how can you "verify" a coincidence?

Are you positive that Colored Contacts that could make Blue eyes appear dark brown or black where availabe in 1971.

Yes of course. The first coloured contacts it was very easy to make light eyes appear darker. It was more difficult to make dark eyes appear light, I think that only began to be successfully (realistically) done later in the 70s or even the early 80s.

Edited to add - I see you were questioning whether coloured contacts were available then. Perhaps you should read what other people post sometimes, more than one post has found ...EVIDENCE!!! ... that they were already commercially available by then.

I had mentioned softlens, because they had just come out in 1971. I mentioned some articles about when softlens had colored.

But also mentioned how hard plastic colored were already available.

The movie industry was using them for a long time (colored)

This post connects Ray Bradbury (who I have mentioned as a Cooper suspect before..if I remember right, he had parachute experience) ...and brown contact lenses.

here's a 1953 reference
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?um=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=%22brown+contact+lens%22+carlson&cf=all
Richard Carlson in the movie "Strangers from Outer Space"
aka "It Came From Outer Space"

"It Came From Outer Space" was written by Ray Bradbury

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Came_from_Outer_Space

trivia: Richard Carlson was also in "Creature From the Black Lagoon" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwgumWHRQh0

Carlson mentions brown contact lenses in the movie here:

Carlson Lines Up Space Travel Film
Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Jan 17, 1953
He laughingly explained that when he was inserting the brown contact lens over his eyes, the slightest shaking of the room might prove dangerous; ...

(edit) in the movie:
"Urban legend has it that an extra in an army corporal's uniform at the "meteor" crash site is comedy writer-performer Morey Amsterdam. While the briefly-glimpsed man does indeed resemble Amsterdam, no hard evidence (e.g. cast call bureau records, interviews with Amsterdam) have ever confirmed it is actually him."

Are you positive that Colored Contacts that could make Blue eyes appear dark brown or black where availabe in 1971.

Yes of course. The first coloured contacts it was very easy to make light eyes appear darker. It was more difficult to make dark eyes appear light, I think that only began to be successfully (realistically) done later in the 70s or even the early 80s.

Edited to add - I see you were questioning whether coloured contacts were available then. Perhaps you should read what other people post sometimes, more than one post has found ...EVIDENCE!!! ... that they were already commercially available by then.

I read all of the posts, but do not have the search ablilities some of you do to go back and find them - easier to test your memory - I remembered the conversations, but even then I didn't think they were widely available.

I read all of the posts, but do not have the search ablilities some of you do to go back and find them - easier to test your memory - I remembered the conversations, but even then I didn't think they were widely available.

? we all have the same search function here.
Anyway I trust Snow's post above yours has helped clarify the matter.

I am a longtime Ray Bradbury fan. I bought some DVDs of his weekly TV show: Ray Bradbury Presents. It had a few real gems but mostly bleh. He appears in the intro. Doesn't look much like the Cooper sketches.

I too put some weight on the fact that Special Forces guys though Braden was Cooper. Of course they were guessing, but they saw what we see: money motive, perfect skill set, a good resemblence (minus the eye color) and the appropriate character or character flaws.

Skydivers had DZOs Ted Mayfield and Bill Dause on their lists.

Guru was probably on the FBI list for a while. Many jumpers were secretly disappointed that they were not suspects.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I too put some weight on the fact that Special Forces guys though Braden was Cooper. Of course they were guessing, but they saw what we see: money motive, perfect skill set, a good resemblence (minus the eye color) and the appropriate character or character flaws.

Guru was probably on the FBI list for a while. Many jumpers were secretly disappointed that they were not suspects.

Some people still think Mayfield is the most likely. Remember we had one or two of them on the old thread...
As for Guru, his repeated denials make me suspicious :D

I am a longtime Ray Bradbury fan. I bought some DVDs of his weekly TV show: Ray Bradbury Presents. It had a few real gems but mostly bleh. He appears in the intro. Doesn't look much like the Cooper sketches.

Look I know everyone has made the obvious connection.

Remember when they made the Twilight Zone movie, and Landis basically caused Vic Morrow and the two kids working illegally get killed, when the helicopter crashed on them with explosions going off.

They were recreating a Vietnam scene.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie

In the opening scene
“You're about to meet an angry man: Mr. William Connor, who carries on his shoulder a chip the size of the national debt. This is a sour man, a lonely man, who's tired of waiting for the breaks that come to others, but never to him. Mr. William Connor, whose own blind hatred is about to catapult him into the darkest corner of the Twilight Zone."

Ray Bradbury, Rod Serling, colored brown contact lenses, Vietnam, helicopters, explosions, grudge. William Connor, Dan Cooper, Carlson, Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Coincidences all? I think not.

Rod Serling was the earlier parachute/demolition experience..see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling

Why were parachutes left out of the movie? On purpose?

Remember Rod Serling's T Zone episode with the GREMLIN prying open the airliner engine nacelle?

What if Cooper didnt exit, he just crawled up the fuselage and hid in the intake to the number two engine?

What if Mayfield was Cooper but somehow convinced the FBI to rule him out?

What if Georger and Snowmman became friends?

Pick one of the above as the most likely.

What are the chances this thread is the result of a CIA financed university study program?

Whose goal was to test the ability to create "Schizophrenia-At-A-Distance".

(I'm quoting from the first slide in the Powerpoint deck)

The idea was that given the right set of core things to discuss, or attempt to discuss, that it was possible to induce a reasonable number of cases of psychosis, without physical contact.

This has the potential of being a weapon of mass destruction, with more controlled and focused launch capability than an ICBM.

Specific groups can be targeted, ideally within specific nation states.

The cost to develop is low, and doesn't consume or require any resources that are detectable by satellite or other worldwide peacekeeping organizations.

The perfect weapon.

The thing is, you can even state the goal, or have people recognize it, and still succeed. So no stealth is required.

It thrives based on the need for belief in the underlying set of facts. It's much like religion.

The initial dissertation that proposed this study, cited L. Ron Hubbard.

Still have to hang in here, for a bit though, to get the final grant money. They say we have to demonstrate success with a current govt. agency employee. That's not clear yet.

(edit) the recent hullaboo about the Obama speech to kids, was caused by something that got of the lab in an uncontrolled way. At least the person responsible said it was an accident. I'm not sure. But at least we got some good data.

Jo Post your record's And prove date's time's and document number's on everything from day one then give name's and phone number's . also show all evidence you have supplied to all agencies . This you can not do and will not ever be able to do. further more please post all the new info you say you have if you can't do all this. then tell me what you can do . Supply it to all. Please. Or give up your quest . Jerry

Some people still think Mayfield is the most likely. Remember we had one or two of them on the old thread...
As for Guru, his repeated denials make me suspicious :D

yes.

Look I know everyone has made the obvious connection.

Remember when they made the Twilight Zone movie, and Landis basically caused Vic Morrow and the two kids working illegally get killed, when the helicopter crashed on them with explosions going off.

They were recreating a Vietnam scene.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie

In the opening scene
“You're about to meet an angry man: Mr. William Connor, who carries on his shoulder a chip the size of the national debt. This is a sour man, a lonely man, who's tired of waiting for the breaks that come to others, but never to him. Mr. William Connor, whose own blind hatred is about to catapult him into the darkest corner of the Twilight Zone."

Ray Bradbury, Rod Serling, colored brown contact lenses, Vietnam, helicopters, explosions, grudge. William Connor, Dan Cooper, Carlson, Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Coincidences all? I think not.

Rod Serling was the earlier parachute/demolition experience..see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling

Why were parachutes left out of the movie? On purpose?

yeds.