47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"But", the student asked, "what happens when there is nothing left that hasn't been discussed"

"That will never happen".

"But if it does", the youngster pressed.

"Well, then, it will be over".

Here's some new money photos.

There is a problem that's interesting that's exposed by these money shots. It's a little different than what we've seen in previous Ingram bills...

The staining patterns, and exposure patterns are different, within a single bill. You can click thru them to see what I mean. Doesn't mean anything but interesting to muse about.

These bills were not found in a tree stump. They're the bills currently being auctioned.. (just attaching the larger ones).

It is possible that Duane urinated on some of these selectively. I have nothing that disproves that.

Why would Duane urinate on bills? He did wrap a hundred around a bottle of champagne, I believe? That may be related.

I don't know if the purple staining is actually related to the dark coloration on the FBI bills, that has been suggested is related to the use of some fingerprint lifting chemicals way back when.

Hard to say. Duane would have known.

Please bear with my anomosity toward the "new" FBI as they have cost me 13 yrs of my life.

Sigh... but I am just going to let it be.

No, 377, don't.
Jo, the only person responsible for the last 13 years of your life is YOU. The only person responsible for any of your life, at least past childhood, is YOU. If you feel those 13 years have been wasted, it's nobody's fault but your own.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

13 years is nothing.

The great grudges last multiples of generations, spawning religions and new nation states. And fostering innovation in weapons systems and societal organization to use/deploy the weapons systems.

L. Ron Hubbard knew the money was in religion.

I claim all rights to the long-term squabbles related to Duane, as it pertains to new religion. Anyone who disagrees with this claim, is a heretic and will be eternally damned etc.

He didn't fucking handle the ball, he fucking caressed it!

Snow, you can do what you want with your religion...as long as all the adults who join it realise they take responsibility for their own decisions and don't turn around after the fact and blame you for wasting their 3/13/whatever years...

Snow, you can do what you want with your religion...as long as all the adults who join it realise they take responsibility for their own decisions and don't turn around after the fact and blame you for wasting their 3/13/whatever years...

It seems like every republican in the US wants to quote Ayn Rand nowadays, as if it shows some deep thought.

There is no such thing as individual 'I don't affect anyone else with what I do'

If you live, you affect other people. Minimally by your consumption and waste.

Religions: minimally they want tax benefits. They don't want to be taxed on land holdings, for instance.

Everything affects everything. We just agree to pretend that certain side effects are good or bad. Or pretend that they don't exist. (until the trash piles so high that it blocks the sun, then we say "hey! maybe garbage is an issue!)

Humans are not designed to get along. So we have to blame others. Rather than pretending that the "no-blame-game" is the end goal..we should just get comfortable with the conflict model. It works.

(edit) So no, you don't want me to do what I want with my religion. Because I'll blame South Africa and invade.

Jo, the only person responsible for the last 13 years of your life is YOU.

You are wrong. If the FBI had done their job in regards to investigating Weber - they would have found what I found - while these people were still alive and viable and their memories intact.

Yes, I refused to put this down and continued to dig - I refused to accept the FBI's decision...that was a CHOICE I made. It was not a choice I should have had to make. If I had been able to hire the people who have come to my aid recently - those 13 yrs of suffering could have been alleviated. This was not a choice I was able to financially pursue early on, therefore I took the long and tedious position of holding my ground and fighting my battles. When re-enforcements volunteered, I glady and humbly agreed to the help - I was tired and did not have the means (intellectually, financially nor the emotional detachment)

I was infact skeptically of this aid coming my way although none of the 3 had any relationship with the other - nor any knowledge of each other.

If all of this information had been made available in 1998 when the FBI finished their "investigation" someone else might have seen what we found - at that time there were many people alive who could fill in the blanks. It is now I think TOO MUCH, TOO LATE. There are records (those that have not yet been destroyed) and government records still closed to the public, but one photo was all it took...and the places Duane took me and told me over the yrs flooded my memory banks...there was a huge WAVE of relief.

He actually unknownly to me involved me in some of these - strange things I have questioned over these many yrs since finding out who and what he was.
The Salt Lake City photo was one of them (that photo is still a mystery)...but maybe if the FBI finally wakes up or decides to stir the Grizzley Bear from its long hibernation - they will be able to explain that one also.....
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I would have thought the aerodynamic forces of the slipstream would have kept the stairs all but closed. Like most things in life, I'm wrong about this as well. But ultimately who was right versus lucky?

The crew had to ask NWA who called Boeing who said the stairs must remain closed for take off and would not be effective for a bail out.

Cooper wanted the stairs down, but accepted the baseless explanation that they remain locked for take off. If I knew the stairs could have been left down the pilots would be told to taxi for take off or the 'button' gets pushed. Looks like it was a staring contest where everyone blinked at the same time.

Why make the stairs the center sanctum for egress? 160 knots is about the cruise speed of a B-17 which had many thousands of successful exits in many attitudes. Next time you visit an air museum look under the right horizontal stab for the outline of a hatch. That is the Tail Gunner bail out station.

Then look at the exit hatch on a 727 and choose which one would be more likely. Is the B-17 more believable because it has been done before? The B-17 used the entry hatch, bomb bay and aft hatch for egress along with the Tail Gunners hatch.

How bout those 767 and MD-11 doors that slip inside then slide up? Just like the aft hatch of a C-141 they could serve as a bail out station. Just has not happened......yet.

Snowman,

My first trip to Iceland was truly shocking in that an entire nation could be filled with so many blonde, blue eyed Nordic beauties. I was asked what it was like to visit such a barren, featureless, frozen land which belched acrid sulfurous gas with every meal featuring the strongest smelling of fish and fermented milk. 'Really?' Was my response, 'I never noticed ANY of that.'

Georger,

My intention was not to establish that Cooper did not survive as much as presenting actions which were reflective of a lucky man versus a skilled or trained man. Perhaps he survived the jump and is living in Iceland.

What is the fidelity of sonar these days and could it distinguish a rig from a hundred year old log jam at the bottom of the Columbia? I sure don't have any idea.

If I truly believed that Christiansen was Cooper I would finance the analysis of the Mitochondrial DNA extracted from his brother or other relative. Then have the lab send their results to the FBI keeping myself out of the loop, waiting for and accepting the answer like an objective, mature researcher. If there was a match, I would party like a rock star and tell earth to suck it.

Why make the stairs the center sanctum for egress? 160 knots is about the cruise speed of a B-17 which had many thousands of successful exits in many attitudes. Next time you visit an air museum look under the right horizontal stab for the outline of a hatch. That is the Tail Gunner bail out station.

Tail or tail mounted engine (727, DC 9 etc) strike is possible on a high speed side door exit. Although it seems unlikely, skydivers have had quite a few tail strikes exiting planes like King Air 90s, PAC 750, Beech 99 etc. Some tail strikes have been fatal. I know paratroopers make side exits on Hercs and C 141s, but they are going pretty slow over the DZ.

So what do you fly far flung? Your detailed knowledge of the B 17 is impressive.

I got my first lesson in sexism when woman friend of my Mom's remarked on a plastic model of a B 17 I was building in sixth grade. "Oh, that's a G model" she said. "I used to fly them." I said "uh huh" wondering how my Mom's friend knew what a G model B 17 was and why she was lieing about flying one. EVERYONE knew B 17s were flown by men. I just ignored her and kept building.

It wasn't until years later that I learned about the WASP pilots. Turned out she had flown many different WW 2 medium and heavy bombers from their factories to Maine where male ferry pilots took them across the Atlantic to the UK.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

My intention was not to establish that Cooper did not survive as much as presenting actions which were reflective of a lucky man versus a skilled or trained man.

TO ALL.
Lucky or not - Cooper did survive and someone besides me knows this.

Who is Vern and does the last name of Vern start with a P? A family man - but one with jumping experience. Probably born between 1940 and 1950.

What is the fidelity of sonar these days and could it distinguish a rig from a hundred year old log jam at the bottom of the Columbia? I sure don't have any idea.

sonar reflectivity is roughly proportional the the density difference between the target and the surrounding water.

Sidecscan sonar uses a towed multielement transducer array. The results can be stunning. An image of a sunken boat can look almost like a photograph. Water turbulence degrades the image.

Look at these images:
http://www.edgetech.com/images_ss.htm

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Who is Vern and does the last name of Vern start with a P? A family man - but one with jumping experience. Probably born between 1940 and 1950.

Vern covered everything south of Ecuador, down to Argentina.
He ended badly. He had jumping experience, but evidently only with parachutes.
Here's to Vern! (he liked to be called Verm...short for Vermin)

"But", the student asked, "what happens when there is nothing left that hasn't been discussed"

"That will never happen".

"But if it does", the youngster pressed.

"Well, then, it will be over".

Here's some new money photos.

There is a problem that's interesting that's exposed by these money shots. It's a little different than what we've seen in previous Ingram bills...

The staining patterns, and exposure patterns are different, within a single bill. You can click thru them to see what I mean. Doesn't mean anything but interesting to muse about.

These bills were not found in a tree stump. They're the bills currently being auctioned.. (just attaching the larger ones).

It is possible that Duane urinated on some of these selectively. I have nothing that disproves that.

Why would Duane urinate on bills? He did wrap a hundred around a bottle of champagne, I believe? That may be related.

I don't know if the purple staining is actually related to the dark coloration on the FBI bills, that has been suggested is related to the use of some fingerprint lifting chemicals way back when.

Hard to say. Duane would have known.

You see theres Jo's proof the first bill has Weber written backwards on it :)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My intention was not to establish that Cooper did not survive as much as presenting actions which were reflective of a lucky man versus a skilled or trained man.

TO ALL.
Lucky or not - Cooper did survive and someone besides me knows this.

No Verne is his surname, but unfortunately he died in March 1905 so while he might of predicted Cooper (he was quite good at that) he couldn't be directly implicated.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Skyjack71,

If the Vern you are referencing is one from my response to Georger; as far as I know, he has no last name. Vern was the off camera foil and victim of one Ernest P. Worrell (aka Jim Varney) who was a TV pitchman for various dairies and car dealerships. Know whatta mean? As a fictional character he represented some very real people one may have to deal with as times.

Lucky or skilled appears to matter to you a great deal, considering how much effort has been invested researching Weber's military training. If it did not matter, you would not have done this. Ultimately the aviation or jump training does not matter at all.

If a bag of money (matched to the hijacking) was to be found in a home once occupied by a man who resembled Cooper what would you look for as proof? Was he in the military? Vietnam? Did he act weird? Was he employed by Northwest? What were his spending habits? Did he pay cash for the house? Graduate SEAL training? Kill a gopher with a stick?

Oh yeah, the money bag was wrapped in a knee length, black raincoat with a crumpled airline ticket in the pocket.

But this person was never in the military. In fact most described him as quite the Harvey Milquetoast and entirely forgettable. The cashier in the corner market only knew his name because he would cash his Social Security check there and buy his usual bourbon and carton of Raleigh's. Too bad he was never in the military because he appeared like a good suspect.

Apparently that rain coat was loaded with fibers which matched those from airline seating and floor covering. Now if there was a way to trace this to a guy who had been through jump school and was an A/P. Damn when will they get a break?

If the FBI would release all the precise details to include the address of the home then someone would be able to match their suspect to all the evidence. In the event of a tie, the person with the longer time in service or stranger behavior will be deemed 'prime suspect.'

As a bit of trivia, the guy who owned the home with the money had a small defect where a fingernail would not grow on his left pinky. Can you believe the FBI confirmed that Mucklow reported such a condition with Cooper too, sheesh, what are the odds? Without displaying a clear fetish for 20 dollar bills, this guy must be dismissed.

As final proof this is not the right person, when he died in a nursing home two years ago; he did not leave a dying declaration. He did not hint that he had something he really, really, really needed to say...but then stopped himself...as if...oh my,,,I've already said too much. Nope, nothing dramatic upon which to feed. Same as Jack Ruby, Black Dahlia killer, Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden, Zodiac killer, Lindbergh kidnapper, Atomic Bomb secret passers, Boston strangler and the guy who doesn't flush the toilet in public restrooms. No death bed confessions, not a one. Come to think of it, other than Perry Mason and a few Cooper devotees; who actually has made a death bed confession? I know if I'm surrounded by loving family with my time on the planet drawing near; I won't disclose how I accidently killed a Bellman in Reno and had a torrid three year affair with my wife's sister. OK, I might fess up to the Bellman thing, but not the other; dying does not make one suicidal.

I do hope those whose eyes have drifted across this post can appreciate allegory, simile and satire. I made up the Cooper suspect persona for the sake of documenting the various weights each element contains. When compared to a black raincoat with a few select items, all the Delta Force/Ranger/Roger Ramjet training begins to take on the color and flavor of distilled water. Ultimately very few things actually matter and that is the point to this fiction. Oh, except for the Bellman 'thing', that was true.

All,

This morning, Dave Beck of KUOW Radio did a 12 minute piece on D.B. Cooper which included an interview with my favorite tall, lean, committed, focused, intense, and animated FBI Agent. :)
KUOW serves communities in the Puget Sound region, Western Washington and Southern British Columbia. The station is operated by KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio (PSPR) under an agreement with the University of Washington, KUOW's licensee.

It is a run-of-the-mill “anniversary season” interview, but near the end Carr talked about his role “managing” the NORJAK case as opposed to “investigating” the case. He also discusses the current priorities of the FBI as they relate to Homeland Security and a 38 year-old hijacking.

I have a link to the interview on my web-site in the “NEWS” section.

Sluggo

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Homeland Security is for people who do not use the internet.

People who use the internet are all nuts and mostly in the way of things like Homeland Security.

The money for Homeland Security comes from ..hm...oh yeah, China.

Did you know that lobbyists managed to get a new law thru, that all Christmas presents have to be made in China? I read that in Sarah Palin's book.

I thought Vern ended up in Salt lake city, wearing chevrons on his blazers and blaming everyone else for everything. :|

I thought Vern ended up in Salt lake city, wearing chevrons on his blazers and blaming everyone else for everything. :|

well balanced: chip on both shoulders :)

What a great idea the FBI came up with in making homeland security priority one. In a criminal investigation success is Tangible and measurable. In homeland security if nothing happens you succeeded 100%.

All,

This morning, Dave Beck of KUOW Radio did a 12 minute piece on D.B. Cooper which included an interview with my favorite tall, lean, committed, focused, intense, and animated FBI Agent. :)
KUOW serves communities in the Puget Sound region, Western Washington and Southern British Columbia. The station is operated by KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio (PSPR) under an agreement with the University of Washington, KUOW's licensee.

It is a run-of-the-mill “anniversary season” interview, but near the end Carr talked about his role “managing” the NORJAK case as opposed to “investigating” the case. He also discusses the current priorities of the FBI as they relate to Homeland Security and a 38 year-old hijacking.

Sluggo

I go to the site to read what I can, but being the "simple simon" I am - I couldn't find anything about the "News". As you know I do not post there, but I do read it - just can't find my way around it and get frustrated in about 5 minutes.

I like all of the Galen Cook comments and your replys. So would you tell me in plain English how I listen to that Radio show - please or call me and tell me how to navigate the site and what kind of setting I need or don't have. I only have dial-up.

Never have figured out why NONE of the picture ever opened for me.

Skyjack71,

If the Vern you are referencing is one from my response to Georger; as far as I know, he has no last name. Vern was the off camera foil and victim of one Ernest P. Worrell (aka Jim Varney) who was a TV pitchman for various dairies and car dealerships. Know whatta mean? As a fictional character he represented some very real people one may have to deal with as times.

Lucky or skilled appears to matter to you a great deal, considering how much effort has been invested researching Weber's military training. If it did not matter, you would not have done this. Ultimately the aviation or jump training does not matter at all.

If a bag of money (matched to the hijacking) was to be found in a home once occupied by a man who resembled Cooper what would you look for as proof? Was he in the military? Vietnam? Did he act weird? Was he employed by Northwest? What were his spending habits? Did he pay cash for the house? Graduate SEAL training? Kill a gopher with a stick?

Oh yeah, the money bag was wrapped in a knee length, black raincoat with a crumpled airline ticket in the pocket.

But this person was never in the military. In fact most described him as quite the Harvey Milquetoast and entirely forgettable. The cashier in the corner market only knew his name because he would cash his Social Security check there and buy his usual bourbon and carton of Raleigh's. Too bad he was never in the military because he appeared like a good suspect.

Apparently that rain coat was loaded with fibers which matched those from airline seating and floor covering. Now if there was a way to trace this to a guy who had been through jump school and was an A/P. Damn when will they get a break?

If the FBI would release all the precise details to include the address of the home then someone would be able to match their suspect to all the evidence. In the event of a tie, the person with the longer time in service or stranger behavior will be deemed 'prime suspect.'

As a bit of trivia, the guy who owned the home with the money had a small defect where a fingernail would not grow on his left pinky. Can you believe the FBI confirmed that Mucklow reported such a condition with Cooper too, sheesh, what are the odds? Without displaying a clear fetish for 20 dollar bills, this guy must be dismissed.

As final proof this is not the right person, when he died in a nursing home two years ago; he did not leave a dying declaration. He did not hint that he had something he really, really, really needed to say...but then stopped himself...as if...oh my,,,I've already said too much. Nope, nothing dramatic upon which to feed. Same as Jack Ruby, Black Dahlia killer, Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden, Zodiac killer, Lindbergh kidnapper, Atomic Bomb secret passers, Boston strangler and the guy who doesn't flush the toilet in public restrooms. No death bed confessions, not a one. Come to think of it, other than Perry Mason and a few Cooper devotees; who actually has made a death bed confession? I know if I'm surrounded by loving family with my time on the planet drawing near; I won't disclose how I accidently killed a Bellman in Reno and had a torrid three year affair with my wife's sister. OK, I might fess up to the Bellman thing, but not the other; dying does not make one suicidal.

I do hope those whose eyes have drifted across this post can appreciate allegory, simile and satire. I made up the Cooper suspect persona for the sake of documenting the various weights each element contains. When compared to a black raincoat with a few select items, all the Delta Force/Ranger/Roger Ramjet training begins to take on the color and flavor of distilled water. Ultimately very few things actually matter and that is the point to this fiction. Oh, except for the Bellman 'thing', that was true.

Good job L. Vern.

All,

Sluggo

I go to the site to read what I can, but being the "simple simon" I am - I couldn't find anything about the "News". As you know I do not post there, but I do read it - just can't find my way around it and get frustrated in about 5 minutes.

I like all of the Galen Cook comments and your replys. So would you tell me in plain English how I listen to that Radio show - please or call me and tell me how to navigate the site and what kind of setting I need or don't have. I only have dial-up.

Never have figured out why NONE of the picture ever opened for me.

Aww Yo, dont be so coy. We know you are upset
because you try (need to) take ownership and
control of everything related to . . . Weber. And
since everything is related to Weber, well . . .

I read it in psychopathology:101 by Melvin Bent, phD
MD, in 1961.

When all is said and done complete with your
Academy Award for drama, you're full of shit.
And shit is all the whole thing has ever been about.

Maybe it was comedy?

Aww Yo, dont be so coy. We know you are upset
because you try (need to) take ownership and control of everything related to . . . Weber. And since everything is related to Weber, well . . .

Mr. G,
You are being a capital A--.
I do not attempt to even post on Sluggo's site. I really do find it too difficult for me, but I am always interested in anything new because it is there. I only go there when he states he has done something new. Sluggo knows I have NEVER been able to get the pics on the site to show on my computer. I have NO need to control anything.

To go public with this new "stuff" -will serve no purpose - it has NO relation to Cooper, but only proves that Duane did not lie to me about other things - therefore why would he lie about being Dan Cooper? Since the new "stuff " involves more than one person and could hurt a lot of people I am being very cautious and waiting for a reply to my enquiry.

I have absolutely zero interest in exploiting people who only did what they thought was the right thing to do and for all of the right reasons. If NO HARM was done as the orders stood - I will not pick that bone.

All I want is to find ONE person - the one person who holds a secret or two. Disclosing this person will cause them NO grief.

I know that certain individuals tested me early on - in 1997/1998 to see just how much I knew about them. I suspected something, but being the simple simon I am - I didn't have enough sense to know what I held in my hands at that time. NOW, I do. It made ZERO sense why the contact in the above time era did not know certain individuals - he knew exactly who they were and what their relation to Duane was - it took me 12 yrs to figure it out. The answer was in my possession and my mind all of these yrs.

A truthful fact. Back in 1998 I wrote the name and contact information of a certain person on a piece of yellow paper and folded it to let someone know if I died due to any strange circumstances that the person whose name I wrote might be responsible for my death. I believe that Sluggo saw this note when he was at my home...or I found it shortly afterwards.

The only reason the name Vern was enquired about is because Duane had a friend by the name of Vern.

Duane's military experience was of interest - but, his activities from the 1944 - 1950 and then from 1958 thru 1971 were much more interesting. The FBI says he was in prison for 4 of the above yrs.

Georger you state this fiction:

I know if I'm surrounded by loving family with my time on the planet drawing near; I won't disclose how I accidently killed a Bellman in Reno and had a torrid three year affair with my wife's sister. OK, I might fess up to the Bellman thing, but not the other; dying does not make one suicidal.

:):D:D:D

:|Today the past of Duane L. Weber became more convoluted than the 38 yr search for Cooper.

:|Try connecting all of these names: Collins, Cooper (not D.B.), Coffelt, Gunn, Griffin, Huran, Kennedy,Thomas, Vaughn, Weber and Wong - now throw in a few Watergate names and union guys and what do you have? Mix in a union contract that went South and lots of political names. Even toss in a few Mafia names. You know where this is going?

:|Hoffa's body will never be found and NO one, but me will ever know who Cooper really was. When the connections between all of the above are connected to one common denominator - it is time for me to stop, before I destroy ALL the good which has come out of all of this.....

None of this means anything to any of you - because I am the only one who knows what the common denominator is.