47 47
quade

DB Cooper

, How do you get from a wilderness jump (or farmland jump) and blend back in when there is so much news circulating? Every guy who looked wet and disheveled was a suspect that night.

There was a cabin on the Columbia - owned by an individual who didn't live there.

Was there a mop in the cabin?

Was there a mop on the plane?

Could Duane mop?

This is VERY important!

Really need some information from those who read this forum that have done Night Jumps. What could be seen by Cooper from the plane that night?

Since the plane was known to have passed over Lake Merwin and in the general directions of Battleground what would you guys as jumpers be looking for? Would not certain "structures" with red lights located at higher elevations not extend above the clouds or whatever coverage was there?

If one could see the haze of Vancover from Orchards as has been contended, would you not also be able to see in other directions other forms of lights such as beacons, etc. Evidently moments of supposed visual opportunity was available to the pilot to site Vancouver, therefore would it not be possible for Cooper to correlate those lights with supposed targets to the East (targets he knew)?

On the trip in 1979 Weber pointed out towers, lights, airports - strips, power lines, pipelines, cemeteries, logging camps, etc. Starting in Washougal with 2 strips in that area, multiple towers, and on to other towers. What was his fascination with the towers and the Hat Thing? Why and how did he know the location of very airstrip even if it could not be seen from the highway? (Which I only found from old maps much later and his saying you can't see it from here.) Everything he pointed out to me was a landmark - he told me the names of these landmarks...he was fixated on towers of all kinds and even told about towers that used to be, but where NO longer there in 1979.

How long and what would be a reason for someone to know all of the above and how would they acquire that information in such detail? Remember the FBI claims no record of Duane residing in Wa except for a brief stint at Mc Neil Federal Prison.

Didnt Duane PLEAD WITH YOU!!! ON HIS DEATHBED!!!
to ....... LET IT ALL GO!?

And here you are years later.

Its obvious what the Washington trip was about,
far far from home.
Duane was looking for a method and a place
to bury you!
Duane only wanted you to think he was Cooper.
He had something different on his mind.

Be glad you escaped and put it behind you!

:)
Almost immediately after the Highjacking the FBI was in California chasing some leads.

The FBI's rule of confidentiality meant the names of these suspects were never revealed and they will not reveal them to this day. Obviously they were checked out and ruled out. They either had an alibi or they were deceased.

Think about deceased - a dead man could not be Cooper...end of investigation. Are any of you aware that during the war effort lots of the guys had families and did not want to ship out - and became a CPS. Some of these CPS's would later fulfill their obilgations.

In rare incidences - a young service man would not ship over with his unit - claiming illness or a death in the family. This meant he would not be going over with the unit he trained with. This manuever was done in even more rare incidents to allow a "swap". There did exist individuals eager to go to war, but who did not pass mustard. Individuals like Weber who had spent 1 yr plus in the Navy and then some how managed to get into the Army for a brief 3 months. Eager and trained, but not disciplined - one who had become an embarrassment to his family and ended up in a prison.

Senario - wayward young man with military training and an embarrassment to his family arranges with a CPS to take his place overseas and the swap is made on the hardship leave. Wayward young man goes to war and the CPS goes into hiding. Later the wayward young man comes home from Belgium and they swap again. Wayward young man ends up immediately in jail again, but the CPS goes on with his life.

Yrs later the wayward young man uses what he learned to commit a major crime during a trying time in his life......

When the composites go out - calls go into the FBI saying they served with this man and give them a name. The FBI is on the hunt, but turns out the individual is deceased, has an alibi or doesn't meet the description of Cooper. FBI goes back to WA empty handed. End of story.

Or is it only the beginning? A few yrs ago a man made a confession on TV that he had done a swap such as laid out above. He was ill and wanted to clear his conscience, but never named the man who went over for him.

There were swaps among cousins, brothers and friends - some for money and some for love of family and country.

Mostly fiction, but the truths are there within.

Composed and written by
Jo Weber September 25 2009
In Memory of those Unknown Warriors who will never be recognized.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Actually Bruce, the F 106s onboard radar couldnt interrogate the 727's transponder, but the F 106 MA 1 fire control system had a data link to the immensely sophisticated USAF SAGE networked ground based radar system. This link allowed SAGE to control the interceptor's autopilot and direct it to a target painted by the SAGE radar! A transponder equipped 727 isnt exactly a stealth aircraft.

Now that is interesting if true. Do you know this is true and not just conjecture? Can Bruce find someone
to confirm? And why no records (with timestamps), would there be records, and will Snow drop Braden
and Mojavi-Joe and turn his genius skills to this?
Probably "no" across the board.

But Lee's Dad WAS COOPER! He wouldnt be here otherwise! Gte busy Snow

the MA 1 system was made by Hughes Aircraft Georger. I worked there for eight years. The F 106 could be flown by the SAGE system through the radio data link and vectored to an intercept calculated by a massive IBM computer that occupied an entire building.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Almost immediately after the Highjacking the FBI was in California chasing some leads.

The FBI's rule of confidentiality meant the names of these suspects were never revealed and they will not reveal them to this day. Obviously they were checked out and ruled out. They either had an alibi or they were deceased.

Think about deceased - a dead man could not be Cooper...end of investigation. Are any of you aware that during the war effort lots of the guys had families and did not want to ship out - and became a CPS. Some of these CPS's would later fulfill their obilgations.

In rare incidences - a young service man would not ship over with his unit - claiming illness or a death in the family. This meant he would not be going over with the unit he trained with. This manuever was done in even more rare incidents to allow a "swap". There did exist individuals eager to go to war, but who did not pass mustard. Individuals like Weber who had spent 1 yr plus in the Navy and then some how managed to get into the Army for a brief 3 months. Eager and trained, but not disciplined - one who had become an embarrassment to his family and ended up in a prison.

Senario - wayward young man with military training and an embarrassment to his family arranges with a CPS to take his place overseas and the swap is made on the hardship leave. Wayward young man goes to war and the CPS goes into hiding. Later the wayward young man comes home from Belgium and they swap again. Wayward young man ends up immediately in jail again, but the CPS goes on with his life.

Yrs later the wayward young man uses what he learned to commit a major crime during a trying time in his life......

When the composites go out - calls go into the FBI saying they served with this man and give them a name. The FBI is on the hunt, but turns out the individual is deceased, has an alibi or doesn't meet the description of Cooper. FBI goes back to WA empty handed. End of story.

Or is it only the beginning? A few yrs ago a man made a confession on TV that he had done a swap such as laid out above. He was ill and wanted to clear his conscience, but never named the man who went over for him.

There were swaps among cousins, brothers and friends - some for money and some for love of family and country.

Composed and written by

Interesting post, Jo, I like it. A chameleon-like suspect who goes through life using aliases, swaps identities with Army recruits, has multiple wives and lives, and maybe multiple personalities -or at least profound personality changes. He is certainly one man who can come from nowhere and then get on a plane at PDX and a few hours later jump back to nowhere.

Ideal candidate for special ops, too, wouldn't you say, especially really, really covert ops - a one of a kind op kind of guy, I should say.

there's about 8 pages worth scanning here
Remember last year that tv guy published the book on Lincoln, and including some stuff about Coffelt and the Cooper story...

well you can read most of it in the book on Google Books..starting here
http://books.google.com/books?id=XAPBW7nyZEIC&pg=PT445#v=onepage&q=&f=false

I didn't realize the FBI apparently decided Coffelt was in a mental hospital in Illinois during the hijack?

In any case, the Coffelt story sounds pretty silly.

There are things NO one talks about and the "war swaps" are just one of those things...NO one ever talks about. I expect because of the stigma and how it might affect those still living or that received benefits.

A little of this might explain a Commutation of Sentence in the grand old state of Mo. for John C. Collins. Explains promises made and promises broken.

Whoever? Whatever? Secrets taken to the grave. Technology prevailed and there was no one to guard the door behind which the secret had been concealed.

Yes 377, that is a riddle.

Actually Bruce, the F 106s onboard radar couldnt interrogate the 727's transponder, but the F 106 MA 1 fire control system had a data link to the immensely sophisticated USAF SAGE networked ground based radar system. This link allowed SAGE to control the interceptor's autopilot and direct it to a target painted by the SAGE radar! A transponder equipped 727 isnt exactly a stealth aircraft.

Now that is interesting if true. Do you know this is true and not just conjecture? Can Bruce find someone
to confirm? And why no records (with timestamps), would there be records, and will Snow drop Braden
and Mojavi-Joe and turn his genius skills to this?
Probably "no" across the board.

But Lee's Dad WAS COOPER! He wouldnt be here otherwise! Gte busy Snow

the MA 1 system was made by Hughes Aircraft Georger. I worked there for eight years. The F 106 could be flown by the SAGE system through the radio data link and vectored to an intercept calculated by a massive IBM computer that occupied an entire building.

Yes. Youve said this before. The issue
at hand is if the system was being used that night,
do you have proof that was the case, and were any
records kept and do we know that for sure?

Its clear the aircraft had the potential you say.
That is not questioned. The issue is: was the system
being used for intercept that night, were records
generated, were records kept, are records still
available which would clarify flight path issues -

Its a simple question.

There are things NO one talks about and the "war swaps" are just one of those things...NO one ever talks about. I expect because of the stigma and how it might affect those still living or that received benefits.

A little of this might explain a Commutation of Sentence in the grand old state of Mo. for John C. Collins. Explains promises made and promises broken.

Whoever? Whatever? Secrets taken to the grave. Technology prevailed and there was no one to guard the door behind which the secret had been concealed.

Yes 377, that is a riddle.

I will repeat idnt Duane PLEAD WITH YOU!!! ON HIS DEATHBED!!!

far far from home.
to bury you!

(This post was edited by georger on Sep 24, 2009, 10:03 PM)it - maybe you're deaf and blind?

Composed and written by

I willr epeat it since you have ignored it for 13+ years
when people asked. Im asking for myself and all the others again:

quote: idnt Duane PLEAD WITH YOU!!! ON HIS DEATHBED!!!

far far from home.
to bury you!

(This post was edited by georger on Sep 24, 2009, 10:03 PM)

Sorry Snowmman - He can have the thread. As for me I am going on vacation for a long long time. Want to meet me in California or Washington?
Going to both places because there are somethings my guy can't get - without my being there in person.

Seriously - I really want to meet you and 377 - and you know my real email address. I will be in Burbank and then to Huntington and then to - a place of secrets.
With the documentations in hand I will then be going to WA and there will be 2 stops there. (May be driving this portion, but not alone.) This is really happening and I am glad it will soon be over...

So, was your trip cancelled or just another hoax?

Please consider this and make it second nature- I (maybe you) don't care if any one wants to investigate Cooper bailing out over Bluff Creek, CA and combining a search for D B and Bigfoot. I don't care! Moreover, make sure I don't care by simply allowing for the peaceful coexistence of other pursuits by keeping your agenda with the pictures of your naked 'whatever.' I don't care! When it comes to public interaction and the supply of rational information or anecdotes, well; now I care.

I see this 'only one' theory or camp survival mentality as possessing little more than what could be expected from the medulla oblongata in a chess match. Learn to fail faster! Or as all women yell in bed 'Your doing it the wrong way!'

I have some sure fire theory which is based on a computer model and has a result of XX near Vancouver, WA. Jerry Thomas could go there and investigate for expenses and a fee; but NOOoooooo. If it's not in the Washougal Shed then you don't know jack!

The value of the internet has been squandered on the least deserving and most disruptive elements of the human condition. Rather than compounding talents spread across the entire globe we decide to segregate into smaller fragments of the same already small group of common interest.

Meat pipe measurements. This is the single greatest waste of resources I've experienced in my life. If someone pushes you out of the way of an approaching train are you going to ask for their experience? If someone asks for the time, will you respond with - what's the hurry? If a person with tertiary Parkinson's is an eye surgeon would you consider their services? In a discussion about valve clearances would the CEO of GM have final say?

Bizarre meet weird. I've been researching D B Cooper for 20 years and I'm an expert even though I can't get any where near the body. But if you need any information, you should contact me since I'm an expert.

Now......read the above sentence and replace D B Cooper with who ever you want; I'm using Raquel Welch.

Does this seem normal to anyone? Claiming extensive failure as a badge of honor? Am I an expert on Raquel Welch with credentials which are beyond reproach? You decide.

I'd bet that the data link auto intercept was not used, for reasons unknown. It was a complicated system and trouble prone. If it had been used, the F 106s would have easily found the 727.

As for SAGE, it was a vital air defense radar system and had redundant components to increase reliability. I'd bet it was working and tracked the flight. It wasn't necessarily more accurate than good ATC radar, it just covered a larger area by taking data from geographically diverse radar stations and integrated/processed the data for presentation as if the networked radars were a single one.

All this is speculation. I don't know if records were kept, but SAGE did use mag tape units as part of the computer system. Data was recorded.

Wasn't there a C 130 Herc pilot who actually intercepted the 727 at some point and kept it in sight? The engineers I worked with would have been humiliated. A ponderous cargo prop plane did an intercept where the Mach 2 data link capable F 106s wandered around in an unsuccessfu
chase.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I'd bet that the data link auto intercept was not used, for reasons unknown. It was a complicated system and trouble prone. If it had been used, the F 106s would have easily found the 727.

I think youve said that before? I thought we
had pretty much taken that as is, pending further
info - but yours is a valid thought based on experience you have.
-------------------------------------------------------

As for SAGE, it was a vital air defense radar system and had redundant components to increase reliability. I'd bet it was working and tracked the flight. It wasn't necessarily more accurate than good ATC radar, it just covered a larger area by taking data from geographically diverse radar stations and integrated/processed the data for presentation as if the networked radars were a single one.

All this is speculation. I don't know if records were kept, but SAGE did use mag tape units as part of the computer system. Data was recorded.

Wasn't there a C 130 Herc pilot who actually intercepted the 727 at some point and kept it in sight? The engineers I worked with would have been humiliated. A ponderous cargo prop plane did an intercept where the Mach 2 data link capable F 106s wandered around in an unsuccessfu
chase.

Yes the tapes. I would bet they existed
(for a while) but mine is pure speculation - well
based on rumors, rumors in LE from people who
imo. have no reason to bs this.

I thought the F106s did creep up on 305 but were
unable to keep a straight line path behind due to their greater velocity... were ordered to lay back and not overfly 305, and followed a curvy path behind 305, then saw 305 flash its strobe as ordered
after they thought C had bailed.

Sluggo could verify my interp.

I have some sure fire theory which is based on a computer model and has a result of XX near Vancouver, WA.

Is this based on winds from 166* (Bohan) vrs 235*,
or some ground effect of cross winds or CCW rotating
cell, ... as 305 flew west of PDX ?

You say you have been researching this years.
Have you talked to Rat and others? Care to drop
any names of people you have talked to?

Im going to say this once and drop it. Jerry
searches where he does primarily because he
was lead there by others who are supposed to be
the experts in this case... in addition to his
own personal checking of records. That's just
my sense of this. Im not speaking for Jerry.

Jerry's problem with Jo Weber are a completely separate matter entirely. Jerry is hardly the only person in WA who Weber has aggravated. But since
youve been at this search for years you know all
of this - you may know more than e do here for all
I know!

I should explain I had family on the ground in WA
when this hijacking happened - that is where my
interest begins but, I have NOT made a liftime of
researching this matter ... I have never lived in
WA.

Georger,

You are in 'left field' and entirely alone!

Please, please....slowly this time, read my post...not all posts, just the last one.

My intention was to supply allegory and the pit falls associated with present conduct.

The sure fire model was an EXAMPLE do you understand this? It does NOT exist!!!

I have NO model nor location for Jerry Thomas to search!!! NONE!!! Are the lights on?

Are you so wrapped up in this fantasy that you have lost touch with an internet post that outlined the dangers of becoming over specialized?

If I want to hire Jerry Thomas for $100 an hour to follow MY theory do you think he would refuse? Really?? Really???

What are your specific concerns? What else about my last ponderous post did you (Georger) find so disturbing?

The idea that F 106s couldn't go as slow as the 727 with partial flaps and even gear down isn't supported by the 106 specs. It could maintain straight level flight at those speeds. Handling wouldn't be crisp though.

The F 106 had a turobojet (not turbofan) engine and it was designed for high altitude high speed flight. It was a real fuel hog at low altitudes in dense air.

I watched a formation of Fresno CA based ANG F 106s do a slow level air show photo pass a year before they were retired and replaced by F 16s. The sixes were gorgeous in flight. Pilots loved them and thought they were taken out of service too soon.

Georger - won't you join 377, JT and I in our "don't respond to Jo" phase - it really makes life much more pleasant. Much easier if you don't read what is in her posts either ;)

never MIND if trips are cancelled or hoaxes or if there are a million pieces of 'evidence' which are on the verge of being revealed yet never are (or turn out to be leaps of logic rather than evidence).
ignore all that! concentrate on the useful (or at least potentially useful) stuff. flight paths, finding hidden stuff, bruce's investigations and so on.
while i do not go along with certain of bruce's, um, methods i will listen to his plea to keep an open mind. after all, all that stuff on Vietnam, SOG etc etc was interesting but was (mainly) posted because it may have a link to the case.

farflung, you've hit a bit of turbulence here, hope you keep flying through it - most of us are finding what you have to say interesting/useful!

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Interesting post, Jo, I like it. A chameleon-like suspect who goes through life using aliases, swaps identities with Army recruits, has multiple wives and lives, and maybe multiple personalities -or at least profound personality changes. He is certainly one man who can come from nowhere and then get on a plane at PDX and a few hours later jump back to nowhere.

Ideal candidate for special ops, too, wouldn't you say, especially really, really covert ops - a one of a kind op kind of guy, I should say.

Yeah could be GI Joe, Rambo, Macgyver or possibly James Bond on holiday.:ph34r:

So here is an interesting fact - one of the directors of Macgyver was called John Rich. So now we have a name that can be connected with homemade bombs, amazing navigation skills, skydiving and dz.com (if Macgyver was cooper he would have landed in the pea's):)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Troy: This is your new pilot Troy speaking, and sitting next to me is my main man, my brother from another mother, the biggest pimp that I know, Superfly Agent Flynn. Ladies and gentlemen, Agent Flynn.
Emmett Bradley: Sir, have you got any experience piloting a jet aircraft?
Troy: Oh, yeah. F-15's, F-16's, A-10 Warthogs, I've flown all that shit.
Emmett Bradley: Then we're all thankful to have you, sir. What squadron were you with?
Troy: The Awesome Fighting Aces.
Troy: [to Flynn] Man, I'm telling you, them video games got their shit locked down tight.
Emmett Bradley: Sir, are you telling me that your only real flight time is at the controls of a video game?
Troy: No, see, it's - it's not a video game, all right? It's a flight simulator.
Neville Flynn: Is that PlayStation or Xbox?
Troy: PlayStation 2. Man, it's got an introduction by Chuck Yeager and everything.

and of course:

Neville Flynn: Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane

Farflung: "The value of the internet has been squandered on the least deserving and most disruptive elements of the human condition. Rather than compounding talents spread across the entire globe we decide to segregate into smaller fragments of the same already small group of common interest."

Agree. I'm looking for C-123K pilots. Can you fly a C-123? I don't really care about your resume. You just have to agree to not crash the plane.

(edit) Farflung: there's a song and dance that happens when fresh meat shows up here. Georger kisses butt (witness what happened when Jerry and Bruce first showed up)...eventually georger gets disgusted and attacks..etc.

Me: I think you have nothing. You've got an assumption that you've got some power of analysis that will shine light somewhere where it hasn't been shined before.

Regardless of any personal interaction issues...I don't think that's possible. I'm calling you out. You've got nothing. Which is why you've descended into attack mode so quickly.

You're one of us! Welcome! You recognize the enemy, because you are it too.

Troy: This is your new pilot Troy speaking, and sitting next to me is my main man, my brother from another mother, the biggest pimp that I know, Superfly Agent Flynn. Ladies and gentlemen, Agent Flynn.
Emmett Bradley: Sir, have you got any experience piloting a jet aircraft?
Troy: Oh, yeah. F-15's, F-16's, A-10 Warthogs, I've flown all that shit.
Emmett Bradley: Then we're all thankful to have you, sir. What squadron were you with?
Troy: The Awesome Fighting Aces.
Troy: [to Flynn] Man, I'm telling you, them video games got their shit locked down tight.
Emmett Bradley: Sir, are you telling me that your only real flight time is at the controls of a video game?
Troy: No, see, it's - it's not a video game, all right? It's a flight simulator.
Neville Flynn: Is that PlayStation or Xbox?
Troy: PlayStation 2. Man, it's got an introduction by Chuck Yeager and everything.

and of course:

Neville Flynn: Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane

You've just reminded me we had a copy of Flightsim. Dunno where it is..maybe should go look for it! I took my eye test for my drivers license renewal today and i could not get all the bottom line (the pilots line, it's only them who have to pass that line). Guess i wasn't made to fly stuff for real.

No-one cusses quite like Samuel L. Jackson do they... although nothing will compare to Pulp Fiction, I love that line (it was a supremely silly movie but lots of fun). (And if you had just said "Neville Flynn" I would have had no idea who you meant B| Jules, now, that would have been a different story :D)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

So, was your trip cancelled or just another hoax?

No. Georger the trip is not cancelled - we are waiting the results of somethings being done at this moment.

The FBI won't do it - and after my conflicts with Jerry (nothing is being done until it can be documented, taped and a video made). NO one will ever be able to say - she didn't do that and she didn't have any witnesses nor accuse me of deception.

The FBI didn't even talk to the night clerk for 8 yrs or so and they knew how to contact him. Eight (8) yrs later he had to walk into their office and a private interviewer had to video him.
This procrastination by the FBI created a problerm - I felt the man's filmed testimony may have been influence by all of the media attention over these past few yrs. Had it been done time appropriate - His testimony would have carried more weight.

I have learned from past mistakes when dealing with the FBI and others - CYA and do it yourself and document it.