2 2
skyjack71

D B Cooper Unsolved Skyjacking

Duane Weber's name has been associated with the Cooper case since 2000, when a reporter did an article about Weber in Newsweek or US world magazine. That is over 7 years ago, and in the article, weber admits knowing about her husband possibly being cooper since 1995. So, we are talking about a minimum of 7 years, max, of 12 years. What is the definition of not long ago?

Well, I could say relatively speaking in regards to the date of the skyjacking. This research takes a good long while to do in spite of all that she has going on in her life.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

:)]For the Record:

:|I did not know what Duane meant with his confession in March of 1995 - it would be May 24, 1996 before I knew who Dan Cooper was. Go back and read the post from the beginning to the end.

;)I did not go public until 2000 after 4 yrs of looking for the truth on my own and with little help from the FBI. I did not make 100 calls to Himmelsbach prior to the FBI taking a look at it. I had called the FBI and was getting no response - with the help of a private investigator we put together the information I had and sent it to Himmelsbach - I have the telephone records - there had only been a few calls to him at that time.

:ph34r:Himmelsbach looked at what we had put together and sent it to the FBI suggesting they needed to look at this more closely. The letter from the FBI was a cursive letter received in 1998. After 2000 they decided to look a little more closely.

:oIn 2002 the FBI contacted me about DNA. They would retrieve the DNA in March of 2003 and it would not be returned to me until March of 2007. Four yrs and it was on in Nov. of 2006 that the DNA reseach was actually done. I have the records.

:(There has been NO strategy involved on my part - just an ongoing investigation and research into the past of one John C. Collins, AKA Duane L. Weber aka Dan Cooper.

:)
[:/]Knoss was not an aka of Duane's. How Winnepeg got the information regarding - I do not know - it was private information not made public to protect that person.

[:/]There have been many "Knosses" over the yrs...those who are trying to help and those who only want to create notarity for themselves. I have heard from ex-cons and cranks. Some of the contacts are very genuine.

:SThe other site that got locked had become trivial and repetivety, because I had to consistently defend my position from those who did not read the complete thread before taking an uninformed stand.

B|It is a fact and one that has to be stated as I may not be able to finish the task at hand. I do not have the time nor wish to bore those who have followed this thread by having to unnecessarily repeat what has already been told in the site nor to defend myself from someone who finds satisfaction in trashing another persons facts.

:ph34r:I have waited for someone to present other pictures of other suspects. I have waited for the picture done by Shaffner and you Fly flew right into your own trap....I noted that you did not mention the striking resemblance of the new photos to Shaffners composite, nor offer to have Shaffner view the photos.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

In 1968 I met Ken Lynn an aka. Kenny was learning to jump in Lake Elsinore DZ and became very good at it. As years went by I learned that Ken was actually Gary Allen Hineman and in the FBI's top ten wanted list. I liked Ken very much, as a matter of fact we dated for a while, but he disappeared out of my life never to be seen again. It was several years later that this DB Cooper thing happened and I always wondered who could do that, who had the desire to do it. My take is that it was Ken Lynn that was DB Cooper. And if that is true, he did not die in that jump because he knew how to make it happen, and is living in South America happily under some other name. I think he got married several times, maybe never divorced.

Bunny Speakman

got a picture, anything to try and support this theory or is this just trolling, jo has some stuff not just throwing out a wild guess.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

October of 1971 to February of 1972. We have a very good idea of where he was - a letter was sent to a newpaper and then forwarded to the FBI only a few miles from where he had been hiding in California to recover from his injury. I have yet been able to get the FBI to look at that note and analyze the note and compare it to Notes they have with Duane L. Weber's known handwriting and prints and now his DNA. We can put him in California after November 24, 1971.

We can also substanciate that the was in Altanta, Ga in February of 1972 with injurys still evident - injuries he told others were caused from cutting down a tree at his house.

I also held the ticket in my own hands twice....you will find that story in the records - search and read.

I will say one more time for the record - in 1979 when we went on that Sentimental Journey that he took me from place to place in the OR and WA area and did not look at a map the first time. He knew the names of the roads and highways and he definitely knew his way around.

Please note that the money found in Feb. 1980 was found 5 months after our trip - to WA. Not too terribly far from the very place that he took me to on the Columbia (a place where I stayed in the car while he went down to the water). I would only get out of the car after he returned. I fell asleep - so I don't know how long he was there. He did open the trunk of the car before going down and after coming back up.

Dumb Blonde - everyone always wanted to know if my roots were blond.

Thanks for the info Skyjack. I am familiar with the Cooper case and I did catch one of your shows on cable, my husband says there were two, but nevertheless I only remember one. I'm just curious about facts rather than stories. I guess everyone's got stories, but I'm one of those "get to the bottom of it" kinda gals.

I've only made 6 jumps, and 5 of those were with my husband. I'm still somewhat scared though!!!

But Sky I've finally cover the majority of these pages and it seems that concerning Weber there is really very little that is verifiable? Does that make sense to you?
Can you verify any of the stories so that maybe someone could consider them evidence?

I'm not trashing your husband, or your plight, I'm just curious and would like to know if there is anything this gal or anyone can actually chew on.

Thanks again Skyjack71.!

B.

B|Much could be done to prove the things I have said - IF the FBI would get off it's honches, but that will never happen. They have not the resources nor man power or reason to investigate this old case.

:oThey have never shown the pictures of Duane to the Stewardess and when I first came forward the Capt. was still alive as was the ticket agent. Duane's wife of the time was still alive and his sister was still alive. The step-daughter who told me she KNEW Duane was Cooper was still alive and a story about something her mother did. The letter sent from "Cooper" in CA.

:SExactly why did they wait until Nov of 2006 to look at the DNA that was on file? Why did they tell me they lost the cigarrette buts and then refute that story? Why did the FBI agent go on TV and take credit for information he had originally denied? I cannot begin to name all of the things that should have been done and not done.

:PNow when so much time has passed and so many died - what may have been known of the truth will only be proven is someone stumbles on that ticket that was in the book that wasn't a book and realizes what it was and not destroy it. The woman who took it probably did not know what it was and it was trashed - she just wanted the book. The FBI never questioned her.

:PThe FBI did not interview people who knew him and they didn't even do a complete search of his criminal record. They have never verified that the FBI file prints are actually his prints (another resident who Duane knew and the wives shared living accommodation got his prints change within the system). Duh - wonder who had the skills and the opportunitiy to do that - perhaps an inmate who had priviledges and allowed to work in the office.

:PThe FBI did not interview people who knew him and they didn't even do a complete search of his criminal record. They have never verified that the FBI file prints are actually his prints (another resident who Duane knew and the wives shared living accommodation got his prints change within the system). Duh - wonder who had the skills and the opportunitiy to do that - perhaps an inmate who had priviledges and allowed to work in the office.

Hey Sky,

So what you're telling me is that the FBI has inmates working their finger print database? And that Duane had his fingerprints changed by an inmate friend who got a job that an inmate or ex. con could get, like at the FBI? Hmmmm....wow. I didn't know the FBI hired people like that.

There was a recent story on the news about several people going for jobs at the FBI and they couldn't be hired because they might have smoked pot many years ago. Even though they've been clean for years the FBI wouldn't hire, or is dragging their feet. I bet if those applicants could do it over, they'd trade a few tokes in the past with a criminal record, and they'd have badges. Wow...I didn't know the FBI was like that.

Thanks for the info.

Brenda

P.S. Makes me wonder if there's any relation between the existence of Robert Knoss and smoking pot ???

Please read the entire site:

I will tell this one more time, but this is causing the thread to become repetitive.

:(The Fingerprints:

In 1965-1968 - Jefferson City Federal Prison:

One inmate who escaped and remained at large for some time managed to get his prints changed within the system. :oThis is a FACT documented in court records. This man was a friend of Duane's and the two common-law spouses shared living accommodations near the prison. Duane's common law-wife of the time verified the connection in the 90's and prior to her death in 2006.

The warden of this prison was investigated as was many of his staff and charged with inproprieties over a period of yrs..

This same prison has not provided me with the information that I have asked for many times - and what information they have provided changes.

It was not uncommon in those days for a prisoner of a non-violent crime to do office duty - especially those who had brilliant minds, with manners and the ability to do jobs they would have to hire someone to do. These jobs included filing or record keeping.

If this "friend" of Duane's got his prints changed within the system during the same time -;) how many other prisoners managed to get the same thing done.? It could also have been prison staff - much went on in this prison during the time span the two spent there.

[:/]Remember that we are talking about the 1960's not today - different times, different rules.

In 1965-1968 - Jefferson City Federal Prison:

One inmate who escaped and remained at large for some time managed to get his prints changed within the system. :oThis is a FACT documented in court records. This man was a friend of Duane's and the two common-law spouses shared living accommodations near the prison. Duane's common law-wife of the time verified the connection in the 90's and prior to her death in 2006.

The warden of this prison was investigated as was many of his staff and charged with inproprieties over a period of yrs..

This same prison has not provided me with the information that I have asked for many times - and what information they have provided changes.

One reason why they might be unable to provide you the information you want is that they don't exist. There is no Federal Prison in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Mark

One reason why they might be unable to provide you the information you want is that they don't exist. There is no Federal Prison in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Mark

Are you saying there isn't one there now, or there never was one there?

And if there was one during that time frame but it closed, where do you find the records for it? They have to go somewhere, right?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you saying there isn't one there now, or there never was one there?

Jo uses the present tense to describe her attempts to get information from the so-called prison.

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a Federal Penitentiary in Jefferson City.

Not that it would matter. State and federal fingerprint files are located at state and federal criminal investigation facilities, not at prisons or penitentiaries. Changing fingerprint cards at a prison might help with an identity-theft type of escape via work-release or similar program, but wouldn't change the files anywhere else in the system.

The truth is that Dan Cooper was exchanged with Oleg Penkovsky in a CIA operation. Most of the details of this operation (code-named "Majestic-1", abbreviated "MJ-1") are still secret. Sy Hersh's soon-to-be-released book will shed some light.

Mark

I think it's pretty clear that Duane Weber was a petty thief and forgerer, and would never have attempted a crime such as air piracy. I googled "db cooper" and I'm astounded at the evidence WRT one TED Mayfield.

For anyone interested pls check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Db_cooper

:)Missouri State Penitentiary in Jefferson, Mo. It was the 60's not 2007. Rules where different - the other inmate was none other than James Earl Ray - who killed Martin Luther King.

:)the FBI data base in 1960's that exists today. Duane did not commit another Federal offense for which he was caught - they never caught the fact that his file at Jefferson did not match his file from the other 5 prisons. Therefore what did go into the data base was the Jefferson prints...and the FBI has NEVER compared the FBI prints with the prints at the other 5 prisons.

B|I am too ill to continue to repeat myself and use my energy to educate those who prefer to trash over 12 yrs of research without substantial research of their own.

B|History and trivia? - beginning to sound more like BonFire. Folks, I am sorry , but I have better things to do - My efforts are better spent on my health .

:PGoodby, Jo Weber

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a Federal Penitentiary in Jefferson City.

The truth is that Dan Cooper was exchanged with Oleg Penkovsky in a CIA operation.

...and you KNOW that's the 'truth' because of all the research you did? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

To the best of my knowledge

Not very knowledgeable, I guess.

http://www.bop.gov has the locations of all 21 Federal Penitentiaries, none of which are located in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Jo has changed her story: it's now the Missouri State Penitentiary.

Not that it matters. State and federal investigators do not keep their fingerprint files at prisons and penitentiaries.

James Earl Ray did "escape" from the Missouri State Pen in 1967. Has anybody compared his prints to those of Lee Harvey Oswald? The CIA has attempted to cover its tracks, but the plot is beginning to come to light. Invest in Alcoa.

Mark

Then your knowledge is apparently lacking.

According to this web site, there have been executions of federal prisoners there. So it appears that federal prisoners are sometimes kept in State penitentiaries, thus leading to some of your confusion.

And a simple Google search turns up lots of info on the prison, like this.

It was built in 1835, and just decommissioned in October of 2004. That's a long time (169 years) for you to have never noticed it...

IMO, instead of nitpicking exactly what type of prison it is, you should spend a little more effort concentrating on the meat and potatoes of the story.

Then your knowledge is apparently lacking.

According to this web site, there have been executions of federal prisoners there. So it appears that federal prisoners are sometimes kept in State penitentiaries, thus leading to some of your confusion.

And a simple Google search turns up lots of info on the prison, like this.

It was built in 1835, and just decommissioned in October of 2004. That's a long time (169 years) for you to have never noticed it...

IMO, instead of nitpicking exactly what type of prison it is, you should spend a little more effort concentrating on the meat and potatoes of the story.

Sorry. The State Penitentiary is not a Federal Penitentiary.

Not that it matters, since altering fingerprint records there would not alter them anywhere else.

Mark

MO, instead of nitpicking exactly what type of prison it is, you should spend a little more effort concentrating on the meat and potatoes of the story.

I've read the entire thread, top to bottom. Not saying I've memorized it, but I'd have to say there is a lot
more "story" than there is meat or potatoes.

Brenda

The State Penitentiary is not a Federal Penitentiary.

She called it a federal prison, and you made the statement that there is no such federal prison in that location. That implied that she was off her rocker and making up her story about D.B. Cooper having served time there, and from that single point, implied that the remainder of her story should be discredited also.

In fact, there is a prison there, it's just a State pen instead of a Federal pen. And that State pen has housed federal prisoners, because they've been executed there. And you can't execute 'em if they haven't been there.

So, while your nitpick point is technically correct, the implications that sprung forth from that are not. She is not off her rocker for saying that there was a penitentiary in Jefferson City, because there was. And calling it a Federal penitentiary, since it has housed some federal prisoners, isn't really that big an error.

The State Penitentiary is not a Federal Penitentiary.

She called it a federal prison, and you made the statement that there is no such federal prison in that location. That implied that she was off her rocker and making up her story about D.B. Cooper having served time there, and from that single point, implied that the remainder of her story should be discredited also.

In fact, there is a prison there, it's just a State pen instead of a Federal pen. And that State pen has housed federal prisoners, because they've been executed there. And you can't execute 'em if they haven't been there.

So, while your nitpick point is technically correct, the implications that sprung forth from that are not. She is not off her rocker for saying that there was a penitentiary in Jefferson City, because there was. And calling it a Federal penitentiary, since it has housed some federal prisoners, isn't really that big an error.

I'm not sure that there are federal prisoners serving time (as opposed to waiting execution) in state prisons. Perhaps you'd be able to shed some light on that.

Now the point you haven't responded to: not that it really matters, since the point of her post was fingerprint-switching at the prison or penitentiary, which would hardly affect the fingerprint files held by state or federal investigators.

Erich von Daniken proof: it might have happened, so it did happen.

Mark

I agree with Mark.

Changing prints at one prison, would not change your prints in the entire federal and state system.

To think, that a prison, would allow prisoners access to fingerprint cards, is very difficult to believe.

Why not just give them a key to their cells.

Plus, if he did change the print cards, how did he get out to prison? Don't the prison's re-print inmates upon release, and check their prints, and photo's, to make sure they are releasing the right prisoner?

Let's assume this happened. Then, why was Duane having nightmare's that he left prints on the aftstairs in 1978? Heck, his prints had been changed in the system, so, the prints on the jet would not match his anyway.

It's a great story, but, is it a story, or the truth.

James Frey wrote a wonderful book, turns out, he took commercial license with certain things.

I get the feeling, the same is happening here.

Jacko.

:o:oI am not going to sit here and let a bunch of unscrupolous trolls try to destroy all that I have done.

Wilson states:
"To think, that a prison, would allow prisoners access to fingerprint cards, is very difficult to believe."

:|My Reply: 1964 was a different time - different rules. Study your history before making such ridiculous remarks.

Wilson states:
"Don't the prison's re-print inmates upon release, and check their prints, and photo's, to make sure they are releasing the right prisoner?{"

:|My reply: In the sixties LOTS of things happened in that prison - read about it - study the history of that prison and the corruption that abound in that prison at that time.

Wilson states:
"Let's assume this happened. Then, why was Duane having nightmare's that he left prints on the aftstairs in 1978? Heck, his prints had been changed in the system, so, the prints on the jet would not match his anyway."

:)A dream is a dream - he couldn't be sure that they had not figured out which inmates had done the same thing as James Earl Ray did. Hence he had a fear which was revealed in the dream.

Wilson states:
"It's a great story, but, is it a story, or the truth.
James Frey wrote a wonderful book, turns out, he took commercial license with certain things.
I get the feeling, the same is happening here."

:)I am not writing a book - maybe you are?

FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND ALL WHO MAY READ THIS: My father caught me in a lie at the ripe old age of 6 "Do not tell me a lie. it takes a genius to lie and you, Jo are not a genius." It is a lesson I never forgot and one by which I have lived my life.

>:(PS: I said Goodbye, but to sit here and let someone attack my character and claim that I am enhancing the truth, I will not stand for. What part of this do you not understand...at my age and with my health I have NOTHING to gain financially - I just want the truth.

>:(Many mistakes have been made in the investigation of "Cooper" and many more where made when a viable suspect was presented, because the FBI and CIA cannot and will not account for their actions of the 60's and 70's. Study your history.

B|:)By the way - One of the very first leads about who Cooper was came out the prison in Jefferson - this was in 1971 and was never thorougly investigated. It was swep under the rug by the system.

:o:oI am not going to sit here and let a bunch of unscrupolous trolls try to destroy all that I have done.

>:(PS: I said Goodbye, but to sit here and let someone attack my character and claim that I am enhancing the truth, I will not stand for. What part of this do you not understand...at my age and with my health I have NOTHING to gain financially - I just want the truth.

Jo....I am not saying this to be cruel but it needs to be said. You say you want the truth...thats great...but it seems you just want "your" truth and no one elses.
I am quite confident that Duane was just a small time crook and in the same vein, just another liar.
He wasnt DB Cooper.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.